How OBJ ended SOSAR forever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Douchebo laughs at AD.

Wears that stupid chain.

Chirps on twitter.

That stupid boombox.

Laughs at AD again crying after losing to GB.

Gets a test of his OWN medicine yesterday. Not only does O'Dell (of all people) come to embrace him, so does Darious Williams.

You don't see Ram players busting out taunts or chains to shitter players, as deserved as they may be. Our team is amazing.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah, but here's the thing. Kupp is too much the focus on offense and needs to be spelled a bit.

If we don't want to overuse Kupp, we NEED Woods.

I'm not worried about the money. That's merely a puzzle to be solved.

The issue is gonna be who wants to run it back and who wants to be paid.

Yes, the money is part of the puzzle, and something I'm actively trying to make work with consideration to our overall CAP situation. Your method seems to call for just throwing more money at the WR unit without regard to other weaknesses or potential free agent player losses.
Our OL is likely losing Whitworth, ... Noteboom, Corbett & Allen are scheduled to enter free agency, re-signing Noteboom may prove expensive, but if we don't want that OL to be filled with jags, there will be some expenses. Same applies at other positions as well, so having a dream team WR unit consisting of Woods, OBj & Kupp may not have the results you are looking for if other parts of the team is falling apart.
Kupp is only 29 years old, I'm not worried about his overuse until he starts showing those signs.
jmo.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
The only problem, and it's an insurmountable problem, with OBJ's gesture of good will towards them is that it is throwing pearls before swine. They'll say thank you today and go right back to being cocky, arrogant pieces of shit tomorrow. Those who have lived in the Bay Area know it. Niner fans are the fucking worst and the team made them that way. It's clear the niners still hype up the rivalry, while our team doesn't.

You don't get the name Deebo because you're a good, upstanding dude with strong morals who always follows his conscience. Pearls before swine. He'll be back doing the same shit next year.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only problem, and it's an insurmountable problem, with OBJ's gesture of good will towards them is that it is throwing pearls before swine. They'll say thank you today and go right back to being cocky, arrogant pieces of shit tomorrow. Those who have lived in the Bay Area know it. Niner fans are the fucking worst and the team made them that way. It's clear the niners still hype up the rivalry, while our team doesn't.

You don't get the name Deebo because you're a good, upstanding dude with strong morals who always follows his conscience. Pearls before swine. He'll be back doing the same shit next year.
Perhaps...but class, sportsmanship and maturity are their own rewards.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
OBJ’s actions were nice but they do not change the dynamic of this rivalry. If anything, this rivalry has intensified this year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes, the money is part of the puzzle, and something I'm actively trying to make work with consideration to our overall CAP situation. Your method seems to call for just throwing more money at the WR unit without regard to other weaknesses or potential free agent player losses.
Our OL is likely losing Whitworth, ... Noteboom, Corbett & Allen are scheduled to enter free agency, re-signing Noteboom may prove expensive, but if we don't want that OL to be filled with jags, there will be some expenses. Same applies at other positions as well, so having a dream team WR unit consisting of Woods, OBj & Kupp may not have the results you are looking for if other parts of the team is falling apart.
Kupp is only 29 years old, I'm not worried about his overuse until he starts showing those signs.
jmo.

Firstly, none of us are "actively trying..." to make anything work. It's all speculation from a fan perspective. We don't KNOW the overall cap situation beyond the basics available to us on sites like overthecap and spotrac, we don't have the actual contracts in our hands nor the skill to manipulate a complex structure like the CBA.

Based on our CURRENT roster, there would be NO WAY to construct it... and yet, the paradox of the 2021 Rams exists.

YES, there will be some questions, we will lose some guys and one of them may be OBJ seeing as he's a UFA, we have no right to him and if he chooses a massive pay day, we'll get a 3rd in compensation.

The only point I'm making, which the Bucs aptly demonstrated last off-season is that IF the players want to run it back, they can find a way.

Did our finagling last this season make future moves a bit more difficult? Sure, but based on the priorities, McSnead will field a team come opening day 2022 that will surprise most of us and I hope and believe in a positive way.

These guys haven't come in and just GUSHED over how blessed they are to be here and how much they love McVay and the culture here only to jump at a pay check and go right back to dysfunction.

But we'll see. No one's gonna be "right" or w/e until the FA period comes and we'll have a MUCH better idea how it's all going down.

Honestly, the guy that scares me is AD. After we win, he'll have what he's desired most. Of everyone, including Big Whit, AD is the one who sounds almost like "hey, if I win, I'll have won everything I wanted, so it's time to bounce". LORD, do I hope he's around for a good while longer, but we've seen stranger things.

Point is that it won't be the money that determines this roster next year nearly as much as will and determination... where people WANT to be will be a far greater determinant.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I would love to keep Woods on this roster and I might be crazy but it seems like OBJ complements Kupp more than Bobby Trees. Woods and Kupp seem very similar whereas OBJ is a legit deep threat that I dont think Woods is anymore. And it could've been just Stafford getting used to the receivers as a whole at first, but he seemed to click with OBJ way quicker than he initially did with Woods.

Idk, it's a tough one and I'm glad I don't make those decisions but I definitely want OBJ back with a full off-season under his belt.

We also have Jefferson and Skowronek who have come into their own this season and look to have bright futures in this league. I still don't see where TuTu fits into this offense. At all.

Ramon Ram

Starter
I joke and talk shit about him more than most. But truth is we drafted him for a reason and he does have legit 4.3 speed. Van has been effective downfield at times, but he's not a 'great' or a 'true' deep threat like DJax was. There is a world where Tutu steps in next year and starts catching 50+ yard bombs. If that is his role he wont be taking many big hits. What's the probability of him becoming this player? Who knows. I hated the pick more than any in the McVay era, but still I'll give him and Snead the benefit of the doubt.
To think Nick Bolton went off the board next pick after TuTu hurts quite a bit. We never knew we would get OBJ but Bolton in and Reeder out sounds like that would have been better.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OBJ’s actions were nice but they do not change the dynamic of this rivalry. If anything, this rivalry has intensified this year.
The rivalry has absolutely intensified. But, rather than using their upper hand status to gloat, the Rams have acted with class. That, for me, is worth so much more than the juvenile satisfaction that comes, for some, from taunting and gloating.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Perhaps...but class, sportsmanship and maturity are their own rewards.
I'm not saying we should act like them. OBJ did the right thing. My point was that SOSAR isn't dead because they will revive it every season. We can't ever kill it unless we win every game against them and have winning seasons every single year. If they have any single thing, no matter how small, they will talk shit to us about it.

As always, we should be good people and be respectful. But that's never going to change them.

dang

Legend
Dirty play is a reflection of the coaching staff all the way up the chain. While we have our hot heads (Ramsey likes to jaw when he makes a play, Donald like to choke when his face mask is pulled or he is hit late) I don’t recall dirty play by the Rams. The lack of dirty play is a reflection of McVay. The 69ers resorting to widespread dirty play is a reflection of a desperate Coach Rat Face. Fuck that cheese eater!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
i liked everything obj has done at the rams except for that moment.

it shows he doesn't get the rams just yet. he should have been in the locker room with the guys laughing about deebo crying.

that's how this rivalry works.

I have to admit... A part of me thought of this, too.

I am all about winning with class and happy the Rams took the high road.

But, it did cross my mind that OBJ hasn't been here long enough to feel the "angry part" of this rivalry.

socalrams90

Starter

This is exactly it!!! No need to be asses and taunt them but also wish we didn’t console them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love how the term "saving cap space" is used when the intention is the polar opposite of the outcome.
"Rams can save 3 mill by releasing (or trading) Woods"
What it really means is they can eat 12 mill of cap space by not having him on the roster vs having him and it taking up 15 mill of cap space. Is that a "Savings"?? Not really when the guy who is being signed to replace will have a significantly higher cap hit than 3 mill.
For my money, I'd be more concerned about signing Kupp to an extension before I made any moves with Woods and/or signing a FA WR

Flint

Pro Bowler
He fits this offense and Stafford like a glove. We need to find a way to keep him. I do worry what he will be like attitude wise if Woods is back and all 3 of our star WRs have to share the football, not to mention Jefferson and Akers getting passing reps, and needing to run the ball too.
Exactly, it was fortunate for everyone how it worked out. He’s become the number 2 option especially if Higs is out, but next year is different, I’d be surprised if McVay tried to move Woods, the deal was made before Woods got hurt so he wanted them together, but we saw OBJ try to block Bosa, didn’t work, can Woods block someone like Bosa? Well he probably won’t embarrass himself.
Who knows what McVay has planned for this offense in the future but he’s got a lot of toys to play with and they are going to be expected to produce. Woods has been around 85-90 catches the last few years and with Kupp over 100 it’s hard to imagine how many will be left for Higs and Van Jeff, not to mention the guys who were red shirted this year.
Assuming Woods is back to being himself, we need someone else to step forward besides Higs to make this a really good offense. Is that guy Harris or Van, Skow, Tutu? There will be injuries of course so it would be nice to have someone like Obj on the roster.

Flint

Pro Bowler
This is exactly it!!! No need to be asses and taunt them but also wish we didn’t console them.
Maybe they have a relationship maybe it’s just respect, I don’t know. Obj has only been a ram for a few months, he can hardly be expected to feel the same way as someone like AD who’s lost to the niners 6 times in a row.
I hate the niners like the rest of us but I don’t know about personal attacks on a guy’s morality, as far as I know he’s an upstanding member of the community who helps little old lady’s across the street, who happens to love Chris Tucker movies.
Why so angry? We won.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Maybe they have a relationship maybe it’s just respect, I don’t know. Obj has only been a ram for a few months, he can hardly be expected to feel the same way as someone like AD who’s lost to the niners 6 times in a row.
I hate the niners like the rest of us but I don’t know about personal attacks on a guy’s morality, as far as I know he’s an upstanding member of the community who helps little old lady’s across the street, who happens to love Chris Tucker movies.
Why so angry? We won.
He got the nickname because he was a bully.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
He got the nickname because he was a bully.
Well, frankly he's bullied us since get got into the league.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I love how the term "saving cap space" is used when the intention is the polar opposite of the outcome.
"Rams can save 3 mill by releasing (or trading) Woods"
What it really means is they can eat 12 mill of cap space by not having him on the roster vs having him and it taking up 15 mill of cap space. Is that a "Savings"?? Not really when the guy who is being signed to replace will have a significantly higher cap hit than 3 mill.

I suppose that's one way to look at it, although I believe this is missing a few other important factors. Woods is carrying near $68 mil. in CAP against the team for seasons 2022 thru 2025, so besides whatever 'savings' might be applied by trading him during the coming off-season, some $53 mil. would be coming off our future books. Should we sign OBj long term, his 2022 CAP hit is likely half what we are scheduled to pay Woods next year, although the real hit would come in 2023 & beyond while trying to absorb the salaries of 3 potential superstars in just this one unit. One other factor is player value and draft capital as we are not likely to receive near as much trade compensation in later years for Woods.
When it comes to managing 'dead money', the Rams have managed to get themselves into the Super Bowl this season while carrying almost $49 mil. in dead CAP, which is also coming off the books following our present season. I don't see the Rams approaching anywhere close to that much dead CAP this next year, even with a Woods trade.
The Rams may discover a way to pay Kupp, OBj & Woods, but will Woods again be going to McVay to make his case about a lack of targets like he did this past season, and this was before OBj was on our team, will he be content to share less targets in 2022 with Van Jefferson, Tutu, Harris & Skowronek ? Is the cost justified when developmental players are essentially red-shirted ?