How OBJ ended SOSAR forever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Rams and 49ers have an old and very heated rivalry. That is to be expected and, indeed, desired, given that they are long-time divisional foes who, for most of their history, were also cross-state rivals. And, from a head-to-head standpoint, the teams have been competitive (the 49ers have a 75-68-3 records all-time against the Rams).

It has not, however, been what I would call a respectful rivalry - at least not from the 49ers end of the equation. From Ken Norton, Jr. (who, ironically, was just fired by Seattle) punching the goal post, to Dana Stubblefield coining the phrase "same old sorry ass Rams" (SOSAR), there has always been an element of taunting and face-rubbing by the 49ers and their faithful.

Then came yesterday's game, and a chance for the Rams to finally slay the demon from San Francisco.

The 49ers thought they were the tougher, more physical team that could bully the "Hollywood" Rams. But, from the early stages, that identity devolved into dirty, rather than tough and physical, tactics.

It seemed that their number one target was Odell Beckham, Jr. On the Rams first drive, they delivered a head shot that sent OBJ to the sideline pointing to the refs and demanding a flag. They added a late hit/taunting penalty later, as well as a targeting head shot by Jimmy Ward.

Perhaps they thought they could intimidate OBJ and get him off his game. Perhaps they thought he'd lose his cool and (much like Tom Brady and Ndamukong Suh last week) draw a flag by retaliating. But it didn't work. OBJ kept in the game and was a key player with 9 receptions for 113 yards.

But, even more than the on-field heroics, perhaps OBJ's most noteworthy moment came after the final gun. He, amidst the celebration of a Super Bowl birth, ran to the 49ers sideline and showed respect, sympathy and compassion for Deebo Samuel - a player who has done his share of taunting as he plagued the Rams in recent matchups.

Rivals, but respectful rivals. OBJ showed the taunting, gloating, pretenders from the North how to win with class.

SOSAR is dead.

Last edited:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Obj talks like he knows he is a rental and may not be back. Then you watch the kupp and trees vid and it's like wow. Realistically noway you can have those 4 together and then you have Harris and a 2nd rounder in tutu. We may get our hands on that Lombardi but the emotional rollercoaster will continue on into the off season for sure. If obj is not brought back and we win we will be forever in his debt man. Wow!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He'll hit FA like a boss if we don't lock him up prior. Definitely some team will make a run at him and he may get a few bidding on him. What he's shown is shit everyone wants.

But I don't think he gets to FA. I think the Rams prioritize him. And to keep him will require defined roles and stuff so he knows what his snap count will be, so in other words guys moved around for him.

I notice quite a few times per game he's not happy coming off the field. None of that matters now, but it will in his eventual destination.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
He fits this offense and Stafford like a glove. We need to find a way to keep him. I do worry what he will be like attitude wise if Woods is back and all 3 of our star WRs have to share the football, not to mention Jefferson and Akers getting passing reps, and needing to run the ball too.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm all for having them all but realistically is it possible? Do you get Trees a ring then trade or release him? That would hurt. Then if you could keep all 4 Then Harris? And is Tutu considered a throw away pick? I wanted Obj and want him to remain I guess I'm glad im not the one that has to deliver any of that news. If you do keep em all then get a corner and use every dime and pick you have for the O-line so we can just have the greatest offense ever lmao

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes, we move on from Tutu and get what we can for him... likely a 6th rounder... just move on.

Our WR room should be Kupp, Woods, OBJ, Jefferson, Skow, Harris.

Period... unless someone comes in and displaces Harris.

We know Woods and OBJ are very different in this offense.

Much will be put on how many folks want to run it back. I think more will want that than people think.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm all for having them all but realistically is it possible? Do you get Trees a ring then trade or release him? That would hurt. Then if you could keep all 4 Then Harris? And is Tutu considered a throw away pick? I wanted Obj and want him to remain I guess I'm glad im not the one that has to deliver any of that news. If you do keep em all then get a corner and use every dime and pick you have for the O-line so we can just have the greatest offense ever lmao

Tough choice indeed, but great organizations make the necessary decisions to progress to another level. And yes, Robert Woods has trade value AND moving him saves CAP, so as long as Obj is reasonable with his contract demands, he's the keeper imo.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But, even more than the on-field heroics, perhaps OBJ's most noteworthy moment came after the final gun. He, amidst the celebration of a Super Bowl birth, ran to the 49ers sideline and showed respect, sympathy and compassion for Deebo Samuel - a player who has done his share of taunting as he plagued the Rams in recent matchups.

i liked everything obj has done at the rams except for that moment.

it shows he doesn't get the rams just yet. he should have been in the locker room with the guys laughing about deebo crying.

that's how this rivalry works.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams and 49ers have an old and very heated rivalry. That is to be expected and, indeed, desired, given that they are long-time divisional foes who, for most of their history, were also cross-state rivals. And, from a head-to-head standpoint, the teams have been competitive (the 49ers have a 75-68-3 records all-time against the Rams).

It has not, however, been what I would call a respectful rivalry - at least not from the 49ers end of the equation. From Ken Norton, Jr. (who, ironically, was just fired by Seattle) punching the goal post, to Dana Stubblefield coining the phrase "same old sorry ass Rams" (SOSAR), there has always been an element of taunting and face-rubbing by the 49ers and their faithful.

Then came yesterday's game, and a chance for the Rams to finally slay the demon from San Francisco.

The 49ers thought they were the tougher, more physical team that could bully the "Hollywood" Rams. But, from the early stages, that identity devolved into dirty, rather than tough and physical, tactics.

It seemed that their number one target was Odell Beckham, Jr. On the Rams first drive, they delivered a head shot that sent OBJ to the sideline pointing to the refs and demanding a flag. They added a late hit/taunting penalty later, as well as a targeting head shot by Jimmy Ward.

Perhaps they thought they could intimidate OBJ and get him off his game. Perhaps they thought he'd lose his cool and (much like Tom Brady and Ndamukong Suh last week) draw a flag by retaliating. But it didn't work. OBJ kept in the game and was a key player with 9 receptions for 113 yards.

Rivals, but respectful rivals. OBJ showed the taunting, gloating, pretenders from the North how to win with class.

SOSAR is dead.

Yeah if I was a player I would have been drinking his tears. :laugh4:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Yes, we move on from Tutu and get what we can for him... likely a 6th rounder... just move on.

Much will be put on how many folks want to run it back. I think more will want that than people think.

Can you imagine this offense if Woods were healthy? But yeah, it's a business and some hard decisions will have to be made after the season. I suspect I'll be less salty about any tough decisions if the Lombardi is hoisted in a few weeks from now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I doubt the Rams could get an Egg McMuffin in trade for TuTu right now.
No doubt it was a poor decision to draft him ahead of someone like Creed Humphrey, but during the pre-season he caught just about everything that came near him, so he'll become our cheap alternative to Desean Jackson and be used sparingly.
jmo.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

SOSAR is dead.

No doubt about it @AvengerRam

The 49ers were playing some of dirtiest playoff football I can remember in years. They tried to take out OBJ and Stafford with dirty (instant ejection) hits.

I was furious, and I'm still irritated about it.

The bull shit apology by Fred Warner on his Stafford dirty hit in the 49ers postgame presser was merely a PR move by the 49ers.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Tough choice indeed, but great organizations make the necessary decisions to progress to another level. And yes, Robert Woods has trade value AND moving him saves CAP, so as long as Obj is reasonable with his contract demands, he's the keeper imo.

I can't say I disagree and business is business but as just a fan it's still a dagger to the heart with bobby trees. I'd totally understand it. I beat the obj drum for a while. I remember when woods got hurt I was so upset and also said the saddest part about the injury besides the trauma to Trees is we may never see these guys all take the field together. Robbed lol.
Time will tell but I am in agreement with you just doesn't make it easier. The chiefs will definitely throw money at him as well as many others.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I doubt the Rams could get an Egg McMuffin in trade for TuTu right now.
No doubt it was a poor decision to draft him ahead of someone like Creed Humphrey, but during the pre-season he caught just about everything that came near him, so he'll become our cheap alternative to Desean Jackson and be used sparingly.
jmo.

Aren't the egg McMuffin tutu for 5 bucks by you? They are here lolol.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

SOSAR is dead.

During that 17 game losing streak, I can't tell you how many times I nearly punched through the drywall or the TV at my house.

It was then that I began to hate them with a passion.

It felt so damn good seeing them lose and crying on the sidelines.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There were MANY cheap shots being delivered by the whiners. So many... it was obviously a part of their plan. Not just to OBJ... but Stafford, Ramsey and a few others that I saw.

They were taking a page out of Ass Hole Face's most successful game plans... I mean Gregg Williams' of coarse because Ass Hole Face didn't have any knowledge of what was written on the white boards in HIS locker room. The fucking losers were purposely trying to take our best players out by injuring them. That piece of shit Warner of theirs on defense was the worst offender. Fucking bush league game plan when you know you're outmatched in every way.

Karma is a bitch.

We sent them and their fans that can't fill their own stadium packing. Let them tromp through human shit piles on their way into their dump.

Fuck them.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Lava Cake fancy plastic bottle took me 2 minutes to pop the cap,, (child proof)- LOL, induced BTW, AZ is like a candy store now.