How much are you willing to trade for Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i like foles and think he got a bad rap in philly.
Count me in the swap picks and demand an additional 3-5 rounder crowd

To be honest I would do the swap even up but if the Rams can get the Eagles to throw in a draft pick then to me that would be icing on the cake!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Everything would hinge upon whether or not his contract is extended or not and who is on the board at #10.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be honest I would do the swap even up but if the Rams can get the Eagles to throw in a draft pick then to me that would be icing on the cake!
I look at it like this, if they do the swap straight up, then they view him as defacto starter and Bradford is gone.
If they manage an additional pick out of Philly, they can afford to keep him as a backup, even if they let Bradford play for 13 mill

Everything would hinge upon whether or not his contract is extended or not and who is on the board at #10.
I think that he will be traded long before the draft. And as I asked Jrry, when has a player ever had either a sign and trade in the NFL or some agreement that he will sign an extension with the team he's traded to?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm not all that interested in Foles at all - and the thought of giving up a day 2 pick for him sickens me.

Swapping firsts I could probably live with - so long as there isn't a huge run on O Line before pick 20.

Flowers at 20 works even better than Flowers at 10.

Ltrautman

MIZ
I'm not all that interested in Foles at all - and the thought of giving up a day 2 pick for him sickens me.

Swapping firsts I could probably live with - so long as there isn't a huge run on O Line before pick 20.

Flowers at 20 works even better than Flowers at 10.
If we take Flowers at 10 I'll be furious

Ltrautman

MIZ
Why? Don't get too caught up in media rankings - Flowers is a starting NFL tackle who can crush the line of scrimmage. He is a top 20 pick.
If he is a top 20 guy we should trade back a few spots then pick him up along with another pick or two. Then I'd be happy with taking him

ausmurp

Starter
A fair deal for both teams is Foles, their 1st and 2nd rd picks for our 1st and 3rd rd pick. I bet you anything the teams have already agreed to swap 1st rd picks with Foles but Rams are trying to get more out of the deal. Our front office is amazing at that you have to admit.

And the Eagles need this to happen before the draft because they still need to move up again t get Eminem...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
beer.gif
[burp]

Not a fan of Foles, so maybe a 5th rd pick so Philly can tell me to go pound sand.

I'm with you and that might be too much

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If the Eagles move up to get Mariota then Foles IMO most likely becomes part of that trade package. Tenn could use Foles to compete for the job as well as the Jets. The Jets need a QB and Foles would probably be an upgrade over Smith. I think the smart move for Philly because of their draft position would be to include Foles as part of any draft day trade.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
beer.gif
[burp]

Not a fan of Foles, so maybe a 5th rd pick so Philly can tell me to go pound sand.

This sounds good to me but The Eagles really need to get their hands on the Rams top 10 pick in order to move up to secure the QB they want.

I am not giving up any draft picks but the trading of the first round picks sounds a likely scenario. Snead can not go into the 2015 with only a fragile Sam Bradford & a very weak OL again. Options are very few.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm not buying the Nick Foles stuff. That's talk coming from the Eagles to leverage some other team.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Eagles move up to get Mariota then Foles IMO most likely becomes part of that trade package. Tenn could use Foles to compete for the job as well as the Jets. The Jets need a QB and Foles would probably be an upgrade over Smith. I think the smart move for Philly because of their draft position would be to include Foles as part of any draft day trade.
I agree (about the Jets).

I do not think the Jets see Smith as their answer at QB.

With a new coaching staff in place, I could see them making a play for Foles. Their line is decent.

I just don't think there's much validity to the rumor about the Eagles and Rams... but I could see the Eagles and Jets.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think there's any chance that Foles doesnt get traded long before the draft. He has value right now, although its waining. The Jets have a connection to Ryan Fitzpatrick and are trying to get Brian Hoyer. If one of these happens, they wont go after Foles.
I think the Rams are the best landing spot for him, from Philly's perspective, if they can get it done now. Now they can look to make a draft day move from 10 to 2 or whatever.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I would swap 1st rounders with them. Or give up a 2nd if needed. I also cut Bradford to save money. Sorry I am not carrying the cap of two starting QB's.

I resign Barks and get another lineman in FA. At some point you have to make a move for a QB and make a run for the division. Fisher is out of time.
You don't carry the cap of two starting quarterbacks. Foley gets paid less than some backups. Less than Shaun Hill

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I dont think there's any chance that Foles doesnt get traded long before the draft. He has value right now, although its waining. The Jets have a connection to Ryan Fitzpatrick and are trying to get Brian Hoyer. If one of these happens, they wont go after Foles.
I think the Rams are the best landing spot for him, from Philly's perspective, if they can get it done now. Now they can look to make a draft day move from 10 to 2 or whatever.

I guess it comes down to what you believe. If Philly really wants to trade up to get Mariota then they are going to need a player chip also (which is why I mentioned Foles) Nobody is dropping to 20 in the top 5 without a significant combination of player(s) and picks. Now if they have a plan A, say Kaepernick or something else then yes, I agree with you 100% and think the Rams is a landing spot that makes sense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess it comes down to what you believe. If Philly really wants to trade up to get Mariota then they are going to need a player chip also (which is why I mentioned Foles) Nobody is dropping to 20 in the top 5 without a significant combination of player(s) and picks. Now if they have a plan A, say Kaepernick or something else then yes, I agree with you 100% and think the Rams is a landing spot that makes sense.
Only way they get in to top 5 territory IMO is by taking step 1 of getting to #10. Since they have Sanchez locked up, Foles is expendable. I dont think he's that big of a trade commodity that any of the top 5 teams would want/need him included. Frankly, I dont see why Tennessee would want him over Mettenberger at this stage of the game

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Only way they get in to top 5 territory IMO is by taking step 1 of getting to #10. Since they have Sanchez locked up, Foles is expendable. I dont think he's that big of a trade commodity that any of the top 5 teams would want/need him included. Frankly, I dont see why Tennessee would want him over Mettenberger at this stage of the game

Step one makes sense, probably the only realistic way for them to get into the top 5. That being said would you rather trade for Foles and drop back to 20 or would you rather trade up yourself to grab Mariota?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's definitely worth a 3rd round pick. Find a QB in this draft as good as him, in the 3rd, you won't. You won't find a QB as good as him in FA. He's still young, and fits our style better than theirs. As others have stated, he's in the last year of his contract, so that should not only give us a discount, but also a great glimpse of him as a player, before a big payday.