How many losses will it take before they bench Blythe & Havenstein?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
i’ll just say, with the poor OL play, along with, not having complimentary, or compensatory play calling. Season over. Goff, can’t seem to adjust to this. Isn’t showing he can compete, while under pressure, which is all he did at Cal.

The refs were absolutely horrible in this game, but that is no excuse.

I was never impressed with him at Cal although all the games I saw him in were versus USC. Sadly, Goff has been no surprise at least for me....unfortunately he's about what I expected. We've witnessed his play for 3 years and as you said, he can't seem to adjust. He's a tweener, serviceable with a sound O.L., but even then, he's unlikely to carry a team on his own ala Mahomes, or even a Lamar Jackson.

That's who he is and I'm afraid we're likely stuck with him for a decade or more. He'll get better with a supporting cast....assuming they can afford to (find) and pay for them that is. The brain trust gambled that they could plug in a couple of 1st year O linemen while paying the skill positions big bucks...how's that working out?

In any event, there's plenty of blame to go around in the front office it would appear.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't care who is QB without protection he isn't going to play well. Goff is a very good QB and he really isn't the problem. FIX THE O-LINE and you fix the offense. Having to play max protect and trying to pass with only 2 receivers ain't gonna work.

FA shopping makes no sense right now because they don't even know who they have already that they haven't played. Corbett looked good, they need to see who they have now and bench the known problems (Rob and Austin). IMO Shelton would probably be better than Blythe at center. Anyone who thinks Blythe can play center wasn't watching the game. Whose missed block created the Goff "fumble"? Blythe is a scrub pure and simple. They played him at LG and he sucked even worse.

The run game improved once they changed the blocking scheme. It just took them forever to do it. They got nothing to lose at this point. The o-line is a shambles and it needs a fix NOW.