How long to Rams Talk nutjobs/trolls do this?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Per Mike Florio of PFT:

Matt Schaub may soon be leaving Houston. Right about now, he probably wants to.

According to SportsRadio 610, fans confronted Schaub at his home on Tuesday evening.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” a source close to law enforcement told The Fred and Ted Show. Another fan allegedly took pictures of Schaub’s family and posted them on Facebook.

The persons left before police arrived. Schaub reportedly contacted NFL Security.

It goes without saying that the fans crossed a line that always should be respected. Still, the zeal and passion the NFL conjures in its fans can lead to extreme cases like this. The league, its teams, and law enforcement need to be ready to take aggressive action when necessary to protect players, coaches, executives, and their families — and to prosecutors need to be ready to enforce any and all laws that may be broken by fans who take it too far.

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/fans-confront-matt-schaub-at-his-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -his-home/</a>

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sam's safe from this for at least 4 or 5 more years. Simply put... there's NO WAY those punk ass little pukes are going to be able to convince one of their parents to drop them off in Bradford's neighborhood for something like this.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
According to SportsRadio 610, fans confronted Schaub at his home on Tuesday evening.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” a source close to law enforcement told The Fred and Ted Show. Another fan allegedly took pictures of Schaub’s family and posted them on Facebook.
Unhealthy obsession .... much?

Lesson

Oh, really?
That's an extreme example of taking sports a bit too seriously.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is St.Louis. While some may decide to watch from at home, these are very loyal fans. Especially when it comes to baseball. That's why so many players take so much less to play here of the Cardinals. The rams don't have the same following, but these still aren't those kind of people. This isn't Oakland! Lol

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Something I am pretty proud of is that St.Louis fans are reasonable and respectful.

Sure, we all boo and will even yell at underachieving players while on the field...but I think as a whole we keep it in check.

Opposing teams fans visit St.Louis for any sport and it doesn't get our of control. People will give each other a hard time but in most cases have a smile on their face and its in good fun.

We win championships and people are drinking beers, laughing, cheering...no fires, no destruction or cars being flipped.

We don't drag Cubs fans outside and beat them to a pulp just for being at our stadium...we pat them on the head and let them know how cute they are. :lmao:

9ers and Seahawk fans we walk past without acknowledgment, no fighting in the streets or hoosier shouting matches.

Redwings and Blackhawk fans...well, we punch them in the face but...Just kidding.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
^well put. I'm proud to be a st.louis Fan

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
brokeu91 said:
Per Mike Florio of PFT:

Matt Schaub may soon be leaving Houston. Right about now, he probably wants to.

The persons left before police arrived. Schaub reportedly contacted NFL Security.

It goes without saying that the fans crossed a line that always should be respected. Still, the zeal and passion the NFL conjures in its fans can lead to extreme cases like this. The league, its teams, and law enforcement need to be ready to take aggressive action when necessary to protect players, coaches, executives, and their families — and to prosecutors need to be ready to enforce any and all laws that may be broken by fans who take it too far.

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/fans-confront-matt-schaub-at-his-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -his-home/</a>
Ever watch the movie The Fan enough said

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this...total a-hole move...but it also takes some gonads to confront a 6'5" 240 pound pro athlete. :lol: :ww:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jrry32 said:
I'll say this...total a-hole move...but it also takes some gonads to confront a 6'5" 240 pound pro athlete. :lol: :ww:
Or Alot of alcohol and bitterness

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
For the record-Scaubs arm is the athlete....he doesn't seem like much of one lol

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Something I am pretty proud of is that St.Louis fans are reasonable and respectful.

Sure, we all boo and will even yell at underachieving players while on the field...but I think as a whole we keep it in check.

Opposing teams fans visit St.Louis for any sport and it doesn't get our of control. People will give each other a hard time but in most cases have a smile on their face and its in good fun.

We win championships and people are drinking beers, laughing, cheering...no fires, no destruction or cars being flipped.

We don't drag Cubs fans outside and beat them to a pulp just for being at our stadium...we pat them on the head and let them know how cute they are. :lmao:

9ers and Seahawk fans we walk past without acknowledgment, no fighting in the streets or hoosier shouting matches.

Redwings and Blackhawk fans...well, we punch them in the face but...Just kidding.
Well as a fan base goes St Louis does have a generally affable bunch, however I fail to see how Houston's fan base should be unfavorably compared to ours because of a few dip shits.
There ARE dip shits everywhere, we aren't without a small contingency of our own,it could happen here tomorrow,coaches and athletes have been hung in effigy for many years ,I sort of see this like PED's be careful when you celebrate another teams losses over them , our league and society are far more homogeneous than many of us want to portray them.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've hate them for years, the Astro fans were ridiculous.

fearsomefour

Legend
El Juggernauto said:
This is St.Louis. While some may decide to watch from at home, these are very loyal fans. Especially when it comes to baseball. That's why so many players take so much less to play here of the Cardinals. The rams don't have the same following, but these still aren't those kind of people. This isn't Oakland! Lol

To make an important distinction....Raiders fans are a joke, Oakland A's fans are great. Went to game 2 of the ALDS in Oakland and it was a blast. Well behaved, tons of energy and party atmosphere. Going to a game in the ALCS (if Oakland makes it) as well. Im a Dodger fan (LA teams) my son is an A's fan....his uncle worked for the A's.

V3

Hall of Fame
Do Rams fans even know where Bradford lives? That might be one thing holding the trolls back. I can't imagine them being smart enough to figure it out on their own.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Thordaddy said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Well as a fan base goes St Louis does have a generally affable bunch, however I fail to see how Houston's fan base should be unfavorably compared to ours because of a few dip shits.
There ARE dip shits everywhere, we aren't without a small contingency of our own,it could happen here tomorrow,coaches and athletes have been hung in effigy for many years ,I sort of see this like PED's be careful when you celebrate another teams losses over them , our league and society are far more homogeneous than many of us want to portray them.

Yeah pretty much this. Every fan base has stupid people that make the rest look bad. My girlfriend got beer poured on her at a Blues game for wearing Kings gear. For the most part harmless, but still stupid and messed up. Who pours beer on an 18 year old girl?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
brokeu91 said:

Unhealthy obsession .... much?

Man. No doubt.

iced

bluecoconuts said:
Thordaddy said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Well as a fan base goes St Louis does have a generally affable bunch, however I fail to see how Houston's fan base should be unfavorably compared to ours because of a few dip shytes.
There ARE dip shytes everywhere, we aren't without a small contingency of our own,it could happen here tomorrow,coaches and athletes have been hung in effigy for many years ,I sort of see this like PED's be careful when you celebrate another teams losses over them , our league and society are far more homogeneous than many of us want to portray them.

Yeah pretty much this. Every fan base has stupid people that make the rest look bad. My girlfriend got beer poured on her at a Blues game for wearing Kings gear. For the most part harmless, but still stupid and messed up. Who pours beer on an 18 year old girl?

Should have reported them for giving beer to a minor