How Long Before Rams Sign Jalen Ramsey To An Extension?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It can be a cultural thing. Which usually stems from the coaching staff or the players hostory.

Undisciplined teams are the same way, it stems from the coaches.

A lackadaisical approach can be part of the culture of a team. Same with teams that are considered "dirty" or even players that are considered that because the culture of the team/locker room allows for it.

Accountability is also part of a culture, in sports or the real world.

So it isn't his culture, if it's that kind of a thing, it's the culture or cultures he has been playing in.

This is why we see guys get in trouble in the NFL and we call them knuckleheads. Well if they got away with pulling shit in college many times over that's a cultural problem and it will continue into the NFL. See Jameis Winston as the most prime example. But there are others that are only on field problems of course.
Thanks. That helps

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
I should hope not lol.... I wanted to know how you know Jalen Ramsey so well that you knew his culture....
Every CB in the NFL gets burned sometimes, espescially when the CB is learning a new system. Is that a culture thing?

You are looking way too far into this. You can see it on all-22.

The Bengals were throwing everything underneath in the middle. Ramsey got lazy and uninterested, and was just standing there. Erickson decided to run right by him, and Ramsey was still standing there until Dalton threw the ball. After the play was over, you could see Ramsey in distress, a reaction of somebody that gotten taken advantage of because his head wasn't in the game. He clearly didn't think the Bengals were going to try to score, and I'm sorry, you have to be prepared for ANYTHING in sports, at ANYTIME. This defense, even when they got torched against Tampa, plays hard to the whistle, every single down. That is the CULTURE here.

I played organized sports for many, many years. Team culture was always a top priority, because it sets the pace and expectations for everything.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You are looking way too far into this. You can see it on all-22.

The Bengals were throwing everything underneath in the middle. Ramsey got lazy and uninterested, and was just standing there. Erickson decided to run right by him, and Ramsey was still standing there until Dalton threw the ball. After the play was over, you could see Ramsey in distress, a reaction of somebody that gotten taken advantage of because his head wasn't in the game. He clearly didn't think the Bengals were going to try to score, and I'm sorry, you have to be prepared for ANYTHING in sports, at ANYTIME. This defense, even when they got torched against Tampa, plays hard to the whistle, every single down. That is the CULTURE here.

I played organized sports for many, many years. Team culture was always a top priority, because it sets the pace and expectations for everything.
Maybe - or maybe he thought he was supposed to play the zone or something - but if we know for a fact he just didn't care, then wow.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe - or maybe he thought he was supposed to play the zone or something - but if we know for a fact he just didn't care, then wow.

i'm pretty sure he sent a tweet out apologising for getting beat because he was bored and he wouldn't let it happen again.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
i'm pretty sure he sent a tweet out apologising for getting beat because he was bored and he wouldn't let it happen again.

Glad he owned up to it - and I hope he holds true to his word. Not exactly a prime receiver that burnt him too. The elite receivers he goes up against all week, will notice though cues, and tear him apart. It's what Julio did.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I thought Ramsey held Julio to just 3 catches in that game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thanks. That helps

I'm fortunate that I grew up with two PhD's at the dinner table and all around the house. I learned that words have meaning, and often more than one. So I have always been tuned in to it, even slang. Culture can mean race or ethnicity, region of origin, atmosphere at a workplace and even has medical and other associations.

And by the way those degrees came from Berkeley and Harvard by the way.

My father is one of not very many at all who got his BS, MS and PhD from Berkeley.

Which he used to say stood for BullShit, MoreShit and PiledhigherandDeeper.

His wife had Michigan, Oxford and Harvard Medical on her resume.

So he was clearly the dumb one right..............that's where I get it from hahaha.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
No need, they'll get him locked up. He's not going anywhere.

If there's anything I learned about re-signing Donald and Goff to their new deals. Demoff will make magic happen with the cap numbers for Snead and McVay to work with.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm fortunate that I grew up with two PhD's at the dinner table and all around the house. I learned that words have meaning, and often more than one. So I have always been tuned in to it, even slang. Culture can mean race or ethnicity, region of origin, atmosphere at a workplace and even has medical and other associations.

And by the way those degrees came from Berkeley and Harvard by the way.

My father is one of not very many at all who got his BS, MS and PhD from Berkeley.

Which he used to say stood for BullShit, MoreShit and PiledhigherandDeeper.

His wife had Michigan, Oxford and Harvard Medical on her resume.

So he was clearly the dumb one right..............that's where I get it from hahaha.
Haha well I am the youngest child of two psych majors turned social workers. My Mom was the health administrator for the state of Missouri's Division of Youth Services and my Dad was a case manager and tracker for juvenile delinquents. A kind of child shrink/cop hybrid. Neither had any especially noteworthy accomplishments in academia but both were very bright and cynical and they taught me that when a word has many meanings or a meaning has many words - the ones we choose to use often have significance.

UKRAM18

UDFA
In regards to the Bengals play I think as Ramsey said it was him being bored and losing concentration which is fully on him.

The kings ransom given up to get him is the investment in him and the contract he is going to receive. I think it will happen in the next few weeks

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Haha well I am the youngest child of two psych majors turned social workers. My Mom was the health administrator for the state of Missouri's Division of Youth Services and my Dad was a case manager and tracker for juvenile delinquents. A kind of child shrink/cop hybrid. Neither had any especially noteworthy accomplishments in academia but both were very bright and cynical and they taught me that when a word has many meanings or a meaning has many words - the ones we choose to use often have significance.

Your banner explains all we need to know about having two psych majors for parents.

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/lZ8k902bvQvW8/giphy.gif

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I realize restructuring deals can land you in cap hell but I feel if a player is young enough then I'm ok with restructuring to open up cap space. Any capologist so out there that can calculate where and whom we could restructure. I automatically go to cooks Donald and possibly Goff later on.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I realize restructuring deals can land you in cap hell but I feel if a player is young enough then I'm ok with restructuring to open up cap space. Any capologist so out there that can calculate where and whom we could restructure. I automatically go to cooks Donald and possibly Goff later on.
Why do we have to restructure anything? We traded players away to free up cap this year and next.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Not sure they have seen enough of him yet to do that, but I think they are positioning themselves to either extend Ramsey, Littleton, or both.

I was a little discouraged to see Ramsey let Erickson just run by him late in the 4th quarter of the Bengals game. That is a cultural issue for Ramsey, and completely unacceptable. I don't care what the score is.

To trade 2 draft picks for a guy that you’re not planning to resign would be really weird. That’s some Michael Scott behavior

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
my theory is, before trading for him snead and co reached out to his agent to let them know of their cap situation and that they wont be able to play ramsey til the offseason at the earliest and to make sure that wouldnt be an issue. so id say the earliest you can expect an extension would be after all of the free agent signings and draft so sometime in may at the earliest

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm asking and assuming we want to keep most of our key players and maybe add a player or two. We can't keep them all but some are key players at there positions.

-Littleton key middle linebacker key special teams

-Legatron one of the best kickers (bears probably would give him part ownership in their organization)

-Fowler Key young edge rusher

-John Johnson one of the best safeties in the league

-Kooper Kupp nothing to say here lol

-Ramsey best in the league gave up a lot got to sign

-Everett jury still out but trending up

-Reynolds honestly would like him to stay and maybe get away from cooks???

Then theres the offensive line situation Blythe no great loss but your talking even more new blood here with big whit gone Blythe possibly gone and Noteboom who knows so figure we have to at least sign /trade for one major piece if not two.

So to me even with the caps annual increase I think some restructuring of contracts is a must almost. Kupp and Ramsey alone are going to suck up a ton of cap space. So that's why I wanted input from someone that knows cap and could tell me/us how much more money could we free up restructuring certain contracts?