How Long Before Rams Sign Jalen Ramsey To An Extension?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I am assuming one of the main reasons the Rams traded Aqib Talib was to free up cap space to sign Jalen Ramsey to a Long Term Extension (At least, I hope that what happens!)! Any chance the Rams can get this done before the end of this season or if this happens will it have to wait until the season is over? The sooner the Rams can sign Ramsey, Kupp and Littleton to extensions the happier/more relieved I will be!!!

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
Not sure they have seen enough of him yet to do that, but I think they are positioning themselves to either extend Ramsey, Littleton, or both.

I was a little discouraged to see Ramsey let Erickson just run by him late in the 4th quarter of the Bengals game. That is a cultural issue for Ramsey, and completely unacceptable. I don't care what the score is.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Not sure they have seen enough of him yet to do that, but I think they are positioning themselves to either extend Ramsey, Littleton, or both.

I was a little discouraged to see Ramsey let Erickson just run by him late in the 4th quarter of the Bengals game. That is a cultural issue for Ramsey, and completely unacceptable. I don't care what the score is.

Do agree with the culture thing. He needs to learn to be a pro

But we have to sign him. Barring a mental breakdown we really don't have a choice

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's no hurry, it'll take whatever time they want. No need to stress.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Changes in the contract details in terms of accounting numbers and towards the cap space begins in 6/1. I expect the Rams FO and coaching staff to have their players focused on playing with their current deals; don't need to turn Ramsey's new deal into a needless distraction. Main reason the Talib trade is in the spotlight is because the NFL has a trade deadline by month's end.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's no hurry, it'll take whatever time they want. No need to stress.
I disagree OS... Lock him up quick is the preferred path. If we miss the playoffs he might be looking around and thinking it's time to get off this particular ship. Give him the payday he deserves now and you know you can build around him to get this defense and team back on track.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need that Bournemouth money to start rolling in for Ramsey's contract!

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
If there wasn't already a signing agreement when he was brought on board I'd be very disappointed. I get that he's great, he proved it, but you don't just throw away 2 first round picks like that.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If there wasn't already a signing agreement when he was brought on board I'd be very disappointed. I get that he's great, he proved it, but you don't just throw away 2 first round picks like that.

Apparently there was. Both snead and his rep talked about it and agreed. He said they were on the same page and agreed with their demands or asking price. I know it's coach speak but it's the best we're gonna get for right now.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently there was. Both snead and his rep talked about it and agreed. He said they were on the same page and agreed with their demands or asking price. I know it's coach speak but it's the best we're gonna get for right now.

Sounds like one of those “Gentleman Agreements”. And, Unfortunately, I have never trusted those “Gentleman Agreements”!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Sounds like one of those “Gentleman Agreements”. And, Unfortunately, I have never trusted those “Gentleman Agreements”!

Agreed, However, these are men that rep powerful people, and high profile players. I doubt very much they would be far apart after they spoke about it. They have to maintain some sort of verbal trust or their organizations wouldn't be worth much.

Ram65

Legend
I disagree OS... Lock him up quick is the preferred path. If we miss the playoffs he might be looking around and thinking it's time to get off this particular ship. Give him the payday he deserves now and you know you can build around him to get this defense and team back on track.

I agree with flv on the timing which is the earliest time that makes sense. Heaven forbid he gets injured during the remainder of this season. No sense giving big bonus money early. The Rams know a lot about him but, they should at least get more first-hand experience before spending a fortune.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ut Oh somebody said "you people" in the room lol.

I hope that's not how you took that. If you did, shame on you.

I asked a question and he kinda answered it.

It's not a cultural thing. I have never heard work ethic or any other term associated with "culture" in any kind of way unless its in the culture of losing, in which case I wanted to know how he knew that Ramsey has been en-cultured to not try.

You chill, I didn't do shit.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That was not a comment on race, it was a comment on him not playing hard to the final whistle and not respecting his opponent. It's not the first time ....
I should hope not lol.... I wanted to know how you know Jalen Ramsey so well that you knew his culture....
Every CB in the NFL gets burned sometimes, espescially when the CB is learning a new system. Is that a culture thing?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I should hope not lol.... I wanted to know how you know Jalen Ramsey so well that you knew his culture....
Every CB in the NFL gets burned sometimes, espescially when the CB is learning a new system. Is that a culture thing?

It can be a cultural thing. Which usually stems from the coaching staff or the players hostory.

Undisciplined teams are the same way, it stems from the coaches.

A lackadaisical approach can be part of the culture of a team. Same with teams that are considered "dirty" or even players that are considered that because the culture of the team/locker room allows for it.

Accountability is also part of a culture, in sports or the real world.

So it isn't his culture, if it's that kind of a thing, it's the culture or cultures he has been playing in.

This is why we see guys get in trouble in the NFL and we call them knuckleheads. Well if they got away with pulling shit in college many times over that's a cultural problem and it will continue into the NFL. See Jameis Winston as the most prime example. But there are others that are only on field problems of course.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No need, they'll get him locked up. He's not going anywhere.