How Long Before Rams Sign Jalen Ramsey To An Extension?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm asking and assuming we want to keep most of our key players and maybe add a player or two. We can't keep them all but some are key players at there positions.

-Littleton key middle linebacker key special teams

-Legatron one of the best kickers (bears probably would give him part ownership in their organization)

-Fowler Key young edge rusher

-John Johnson one of the best safeties in the league

-Kooper Kupp nothing to say here lol

-Ramsey best in the league gave up a lot got to sign

-Everett jury still out but trending up

-Reynolds honestly would like him to stay and maybe get away from cooks???

Then theres the offensive line situation Blythe no great loss but your talking even more new blood here with big whit gone Blythe possibly gone and Noteboom who knows so figure we have to at least sign /trade for one major piece if not two.

So to me even with the caps annual increase I think some restructuring of contracts is a must almost. Kupp and Ramsey alone are going to suck up a ton of cap space. So that's why I wanted input from someone that knows cap and could tell me/us how much more money could we free up restructuring certain contracts?

I don't think any current contracts will get restructured for next season, although 2021 is a very different story, ... Ramsey, Kupp, Everett & JJ3's new extensions wouldn't go into effect until 2021 anyway, although they may sign those 2021 contracts mid-season 2020 and enjoy some of the bonus money early as was done with both Gurley & Goff.
Zuerlein should be a relatively easy re-sign for 2020, & likely not all that expensive, Littleton is the one to watch as he might price himself out considering Wade's penchant for lower cost ILB's. Being the Rams have so much depth behind Fowler, I believe the team will choose to let him walk rather than pick up the tab on what will become a huge new salary burden by re-signing him. Following the Peters & Talib trades, the Rams have increased this years CAP availability to near $9.mil., most or all will be rolled into next season so long as we don't have an injury which requires an outside free agent to be added to our payroll.

As it stands today, the Rams would enter 2020 with approximately $26mil. in available CAP, and we already have 41 signed players for next year, not including our many talented practice squad players who may very well be ready for the 53 roster.
Signing next seasons draft class may be in the $6.mil area, then there is Littleton's & Zuerlein's contracts to contend with, and a handful of ERFA's will be returning, so there isn't going to be much left over for even one expensive new outside free agent to be brought-in, ... it might actually be best to carry over whatever we can into 2021 just so we can tackle the Ramsey, Kupp, Everett & JJ3 contracts. And while those 4 contracts sound like a lot to deal with, both Weddle & Matthews' contracts will be coming off the books along with a few of our 'B' grade free agents which will open up some more CAP space.
I'm not worried, although the team will be getting a good deal younger over the next two years, and that's going to increase our blood pressure some, but I trust McVay, Snead & Demoff to keep it all rolling smoothly. jmo.

swmizzou83

Starter
What if Ramsey decides not to re-sign with us? If we don't drastically improve I think that could be a real possibility. What a disaster that would be.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
What if Ramsey decides not to re-sign with us? If we don't drastically improve I think that could be a real possibility. What a disaster that would be.
What if the Rams decide he's not what they thought and decide not to resign him?