How huge is this game vs Seattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
10-10-1999

Rams 42- 49ers 20- Kurt Warner goes off for 5 TD's and perhaps more emotionally satisfying, Issac Bruce catching 4 of them toset a new tone for our relationship with the hated 49ers.

This game could be that huge

Big difference though is that Steve Young was concussed the week or two before by Aeneas Williams (ended his career) and Garcia took over. So this Seahwak team is much better, but the premise is the same, just a more difficult task.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
There is a big difference in size.
Smart is small, but plays hard.

John Johnson was getting solid playing time. He will take over for Mo Alexander & Cody Davies at the end of the season.
^^^^THIS^^^^^^

~ArkyRamsFan~

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can hardly tell Smart #92 and whoever wears #95 apart....I know I saw that #92 getting pancaked on that 2 point conversion...that was eventually called a hold (bogus....and actually a terribly officiated game)

That was a blatant hold. He latched onto the jersey on the outside of his shoulder pads and took him to the ground when he tried to break free. It's an easy call for the refs.

TexasRam

Legend
I think they'll play well.

Seattle isn't a mismatch up front for us. Their back end is the strength of that defense, and their LBs of course are excellent.

The key matchup on offense is Goff vs the Sheattle secondary. He's gotta be careful. Rams will have fewer big plays available because those guys don't blow responsibilities, they're very disciplined and will bait him. IMO if he avoids turnovers like he has and gets the ball out on time according to his reads he'll be fine. Just don't force it and get cute.

Key matchup on defense is the DL collapsing the pocket correctly. They have to do it as a group and control lanes, and make Wussel throw from the pocket. I know a lot of people will say the run game is the key, but I think the run defense has improved game to game and in this one it's all about the contain on RW.

Agreed gotta be careful forcing things. Key to beating Seattle is patience. They do a lot of holding onto WR's and just close ground well. We are used to scoring a lot. Sometimes just need to throw it away or checkdown and punt if needed. You can always take shots later in the game. Also, ball security with the WR and RB are key because they bring the Boom.

If Mcvay can scheme 30 pts vs this defense then he way better than I thought. I am happy with a grind it out win However.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Especially knowing 2 of those wins came off the Cowboys and Seahawks.
Yes, Les, but after we beat the 'Hawks this week (making them 2-3), and the 'Boys lose to Green Bay (making them 2-3), the narrative will be: The Rams haven't even beat a winning team!!

Can hardly tell Smart #92 and whoever wears #95 apart....I know I saw that #92 getting pancaked on that 2 point conversion...that was eventually called a hold (bogus....and actually a terribly officiated game)

I'm with @jrry32 , Champ. How did you not see a hold there? He was grabbed, then.... oh.... I don't know....

Tackled!!!

shame.gif

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Great benchmark game. We will know a lot more about this team after this game. I don't believe we are as good as our record personally. But damn do Goff and Gurley look like a bright future!

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respect their defense. Curious how our team does against them. I'm sure our offense will struggle. I'm going to predict an ugly win.

A55VA6

Legend
This is a big game because it gives us a chance to pull ahead by 2 games.

Rams 4-1
Hawks 2-3.

Otherwise if we lose... we're tied 3-2. Gotta win.