How huge is this game vs Seattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Ramowl

Starter
Huge game indeed. What I am the most scared of are turnovers. We haven't had a lot lately and that is mostly due to good playing and coaching but also a little bit of luck (almost an INT in the 4th in Dallas, fumbles recovered, etc.). The Seahawks secondary is still very good and they will show up full force to shutdown Goff because they probably don't like at all being considered underdogs in a game against us.
If Goff doesn't concede turnovers, we win confortably imho, but I don't think it will be that simple.

Also, our DL has to make a statement against that apparently putrid OL of theirs. Go crush Wilson with 7-8 sacks , that should make things easier. Feast Aaron, feast !!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm worried about this game - it will show our character if we come out and win at home. I'm sure Pete will be looking at tape - he wants to beat the Rams, there's no doubt about that. Our D has to up it's game against the Seahawks - they will be gunning for Goff, there's no doubt about it and their secondary is better than we've face to date. So it's time for our WRs to step up and dominate.

I also think that Gurley could have his biggest game against the 'Hawks - his confidence is increasing and I think it's doing I'm good!

Sappy113

Rookie
Speaking of division, AZ comes to town before the bye week. Another big azz game. The Rams can get way up on both of them with early season wins.

That's in London, though, but obviously your point still stands.

This game against Seattle will be yet another test if this team is for real, already in this season. Win, and we're in control. What I feel absolutely best about is how obviously this team is brimming with confidence right now. They believe! They believe in the scheme, themselves, each other.

Seattle is still trying to figure out what they'll be this year. Good confidence builder for them to put up a lot of points in their latest game, but not AS big as winning in Dallas, even if that was a close one. Seattle has so many good players, they could come on and dominate anyone if they hit the right day - on the other hand, their OL is swiss cheese, hopefully allowing our front to really dictate the pace of the game. If we can apply constant pressure to Wilson, and dominate TOP, we have a real good chance here.

Seahawks will be desperate to prevent the Rams from an early-season break-out. But the Rams should damn well be desperate to show there's a new boss in the NFC West!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's in London, though, but obviously your point still stands.

This game against Seattle will be yet another test if this team is for real, already in this season. Win, and we're in control. What I feel absolutely best about is how obviously this team is brimming with confidence right now. They believe! They believe in the scheme, themselves, each other.

Seattle is still trying to figure out what they'll be this year. Good confidence builder for them to put up a lot of points in their latest game, but not AS big as winning in Dallas, even if that was a close one. Seattle has so many good players, they could come on and dominate anyone if they hit the right day - on the other hand, their OL is swiss cheese, hopefully allowing our front to really dictate the pace of the game. If we can apply constant pressure to Wilson, and dominate TOP, we have a real good chance here.

Seahawks will be desperate to prevent the Rams from an early-season break-out. But the Rams should damn well be desperate to show there's a new boss in the NFC West!

I forgot that is in London. Thanks! That's good, our fellow posters across the pond will get a first hand view without having to spend a ransom to fly to LA, hotels, food, tickets etc. It's a good year to share the fun that the Rams have become I'd say.

I have a couple of concerns with this game. Overpursuing with Russell could lead to easy plays and first downs and keeping drives alive. And the experienced secondary versus young/rookie WR's. Other than that nothing "looks" like the Rams don't have an edge.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cardinals are at the Eagles....seems like they'll lose that game.

If we win Sunday we'll be two games up AND 2-0 in the division. Would be an absolute huge win.

Seattle doesn't feel invincible in Seattle anymore though....and our defense still seems like it needs time to gel.

So if we win, I'm thinking we win the division. If we lose, we're still even with them...and I think by the game in Seattle we would have a chance to beat them.

BadCompany

Rookie
As big as this game is, division-wise and all that, I still think last week's game was bigger. Never mind the credibility it gave us with the media, it had to of been HUGE for the psyche of the team. Yeah, they're confident and they believed in themselves, and all that, but still. There had to of been some part of their brain that said "yeah, but Indianapolis..." Going into Dallas, and laying the smack down on team that some said was a Super Bowl contender... that removed all doubt. They believed they were legit before the Cowboys game, now they KNOW they are legit. NOTHING can take that away, not even losing to Seattle.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
This is the biggest game I can remember since the last game in 2010 against the Hawks when we needed it to go the playoffs. It's really that big in my mind. Its the ultimate "test" of whether we are for real or not. If we win; or its a really close loss, we are for real and we win the division...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams got a LOT of buzz goin on right now in LA. City hasn't had a football team worth getting behind for a long time. Fans will respond, I am certain of that. Probably at least 10k more this weekend, and if the Rams win holy smokes that Coliseum might become a true home field advantage.

I just hope they can drown out the Shecocks posers in their fake @$$ Hasselback and idiotic 12 jerseys. Send those MFers home in tears.
The Rams will be like ..

Ram beast.jpg

Wilson's head.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Monday standings can look like...
Rams 3-2
Seahawks 3-2
or
Rams 4-1
Seahawks 2-3
what a difference!
Seattle will be coming hard, since they know we could move up 2 games on them.
Seahawks will be desperate to prevent the Rams from an early-season break-out.
This is my biggest concern... before the WASH game, I mentioned how dangerous a wounded animal is. WASH had to have that game... SEA has to have this game...if they drop below .500, it will be uphill the rest of the season.
So, they will be uber-motivated. Rams have to come prepared and take care of the football.
Game plan similar to DAL... limit Wilson's use of his legs like they limited Prescott. Once Wilson starts runing around, the game can get away from you quickly. He's the key IMO.

as teams get a better feel for Goff and our offense, it's going to be harder to score
I agree... BUT, this is SEA's first contest with what is eseentially a brand new Rams. Of course they have film... but McVay is so far ahead of Fisher in terms of game planning, SEA cannot count on a lot of what they see on tape. I still think the Rams have the advantage of surprise... at least in the first contest against division foes.

It's one game. It's a game that I desperately want for us to win, but one game won't make or break the season. However, it sure would be nice to be 4-1.
I agree here too (see above). 3-2 is still fine to me... on the other hand, 2-3 is bad for SEA! (y)

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Hey we might have a ruckus ass crowd Sunday! :)
I'm much more concerned about field condition. USC plays Oregon in the Coliseum on Saturday.
When the field is sloppy, we can make mistakes, miss tackles, etc. because our footing is bad. Theirs will be too, but we need to adjust to this. I don't know how much more the Coliseum field can take honestly, this field could be like oatmeal by the Rose Bowl.
I'm with the guys who think this is parallel to the Farty Nanos game in 1999. Win, and we will be legitimate contenders in the eyes of all. Yes we can still win the division without this game, but boy... it sure would go a long way in the eyes of the team and the fans.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So what do you think is wrong with the defense ??
Just need time to become adjusted up front....Not sure if our LB's are ILB's.....

Our main problem is our corners....our front 7 needs to help them out with more pressure/hits on the opposing QB's.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should be able to stop THEIR running game. If not, big problems

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's a play you save to call in the playoffs

Good point, that would be a good time to uncork something like that for a big gainer and momentum changer if needed.

It's one game. It's a game that I desperately want for us to win, but one game won't make or break the season. However, it sure would be nice to be 4-1.

Especially knowing 2 of those wins came off the Cowboys and Seahawks.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Man, I'm going to be in a Suite at Charlotte Motor Speedway during this one with free food and drinks!!!! I'll probably be the only one watching the race with one eye and the RAMS on my Ipad with the other!!!!!! YES, this is a monumentally huge game!!!!!!!!! It can be a springboard game for our RAMS that take us all the way to the playoffs!!!!!!! But like already said, it's the next game so it's big, just like Jacksonville will be the following week, etc., etc., etc........
Enjoy the Truex or Busch win!

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Seattle has actually had a surprisingly poor run D. They rank #27 in ypg (we are #30) and they are #30 in y/a with 5.0 (we are #29 with 4.9). I can see them trying to focus on Todd by loading the box, because they still have a solid back end.

Having said that if they sell out to stop Todd I look for a big day from Kupp vs Shaq Griffin. Also Sherman doesn't follow WRs, so I wouldn't be shocked if we saw Goff target Sammy when he's not on Sherman given the right coverage.

Defensively I think we can get consistent pressure with 4 to 5 guys. Hoping we get Joyner back to help on the back end and drop 7 in coverage most of the day. We also need to shadow RW with someone to avoid big runs if we play man, which scares me a little given the angles Tree has been taking this year. DL has gotta keep their contain.

Long story short I don't think Seattle's O can hang more than 20 on this D if we stay disciplined. Baldwin is their only skill guy who worries me. Offensively just another week of taking what the D gives us. If they sell out to limit Todd, then utilize Kupp/GE in the middle of the field. Imo we should take this against a battered Seattle team that is a completely different team on the road.

Rams 27
Hawks 13

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just need time to become adjusted up front....Not sure if our LB's are ILB's.....

Our main problem is our corners....our front 7 needs to help them out with more pressure/hits on the opposing QB's.

I saw Smart playing NT a lot on Sunday.
The Rams are a little smallish in the front 7.
Robert Quinn has not played all that much. He has been moving around a lot as well. He should start to show up more.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the biggest game I can remember since the last game in 2010 against the Hawks when we needed it to go the playoffs. It's really that big in my mind. Its the ultimate "test" of whether we are for real or not. If we win; or its a really close loss, we are for real and we win the division...

For the Rams this is an opportunity to make a "changing of the guard" type of statement. If they win there's a good chance that by the time they go to Seattle in week 15 the division will already be decided.

If they lose I think what is important is how much they lose by. Seahawks blowing them out will effectively kill any buzz in that locker room, much like we saw the 9ers do to the 5-0 Rams way back when they were under Brooks.

They are going to get everything Seattle has. It's going to be physical as F. But I don't think the Seattle defense can hang with this offense unless they win the trenches which I honestly don't see happening. Saffold can handle Bennett, and this entire 11 is blocking very well in the run game.

Kind of pi$$ed that I won't be able to make this game. Really wanted to since they put out the schedule. It's going to be a playoff environment and I'm very excited to see how our team responds to all that. I suspect we're going to be happy fans by Sunday night, but that said I am certainly not overconfident about it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I saw Smart playing NT a lot on Sunday.
Can hardly tell Smart #92 and whoever wears #95 apart....I know I saw that #92 getting pancaked on that 2 point conversion...that was eventually called a hold (bogus....and actually a terribly officiated game)