How does McVay fix this?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are so spoiled. Wondering how to fix this offense,,, when they usually score 35 points per game. I know... we want to see this every week. Just like the GSOT, we need to score on almost every play, or McVay needs to figure this out. Well, in my opinion, if McVay had a healthy Gurley, we would have won the game easily. McVay would have given him the rock on almost every play, whether he was running or receiving, because Gurley was arguably the OPOY and touchdown leader, and that's how much McVay used him during the season. But coach just didn't have that option on Super Bowl Sunday. Didn't help that the line was getting manhandled either, but Gurley would have broken a couple of plays at least. Next season will bring a whole new set of issues. But I'd kill for the same great season like we had this year. Again, JMHO. Go Rams!

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
We are so spoiled. Wondering how to fix this offense,,, when they usually score 35 points per game. I know... we want to see this every week. Just like the GSOT, we need to score on almost every play, or McVay needs to figure this out. Well, in my opinion, if McVay had a healthy Gurley, we would have won the game easily. McVay would have given him the rock on almost every play, whether he was running or receiving, because Gurley was arguably the OPOY and touchdown leader, and that's how much McVay used him during the season. But coach just didn't have that option on Super Bowl Sunday. Didn't help that the line was getting manhandled either, but Gurley would have broken a couple of plays at least. Next season will bring a whole new set of issues. But I'd kill for the same great season like we had this year. Again, JMHO. Go Rams!

IDK... but put me in the corner with having a full time OC up in the booth.. There's so much to see from that point of view to make changes on the fly IMO..

I just whised they used the backs more in the passing game... if there was a time we could have won a game with dink and dunk.. this was it :(

Ramon Ram

Starter
IDK... but put me in the corner with having a full time OC up in the booth.. There's so much to see from that point of view to make changes on the fly IMO..

I just whised they used the backs more in the passing game... if there was a time we could have won a game with dink and dunk.. this was it :(

I agree with this about the backs that's why I bet the over 3 1/2 catches for gurley as I thought that's what we would do against them.

Flint

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still have a huge issue bugging me.
I try to get over it... but I can't.

Its not about McVay or the Super Bowl.

Its this thread.

Seriously?
Did McVays success go to our heads? Lol... ffs. The guy is 33 and is already one of the most respected coaches in the league.

Good coaches get beat. Even great ones. Especially young ones.

Like if we lost against NO, this thread doesn't even exist.

I am NOT AT ALL embarrassed about the Super Bowl, never was and I am nothing but thankful that Coach McVay is our coach and that he brought us all the way to the biggest game so fast.

I will take 5 more seasons just like this one before I even want to entertain the idea that there is such a thing as "a bad super bowl".

Sorry. I'm done ranting.[/QUOTE

I remember the Tony Banks and Dieter Brock days and all I wanted was for my team was to not be horrible, then McVay happened and this team is actually not horrible, not only that but they’re good, really good. So why can’t they be great? Why can’t they win it all?
I’m not bad mouthing the team or anybody on it, we’ve seen what it’s like on the other side and I hope we never go back there. If we can get to a SB we can win a SB but it’s not gonna happen if we don’t play better against teams like the bears, Eagles and Pats. McVay is the offensive genius and the offense got shut down, so how does he fix it?