How did the Cowboy game meet your expectations?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First game, personally expectations were moderate. Glad the 1st team O scored a TD. The defense was all we could hope for. The OLine issues hopefully will play out with more time together in pads and actual contact. The roster battle for the bottom of the WR group is going to be very interesting.

Ram65

Legend
A little disappointed that both teams sat starters. That shows it was the first preseason game.

Mannion made some nice throws. He played better but it is hard with the fumbles and penalties to keep things going. Rams kept it simple for the most part. He is what he is a cheaper backup that is still growing. He isn't a quick footed or a quick release type but, he made some nice throws. He is going to need protection but, for the price he is decent while he still has a chance to get better.

Brown as the big disappointment. We all saw it. However, the pass blocking and Goff looked good. Kupp and P Cooper looked good while Woods fumble was disappointing but, he got popped, Nice route and throw. Everett flashed a few moves.

Lots of quick reaction on the defense. The backups were really active. Longacre, Fox, Price Smart, and others competed and gave confidence in rotating in.

Hekker was a little off.

Overall it was close to what I expected

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here are some observations from an unskilled fan who likes football and loves the Rams.
Btw, this is my first post on this site, so here goes:
#1. There were wide open receivers! Didn't know if I would ever see that again as a Ram fan. Between Spags and Fisher, offense has been missing for a long time. I was genuinely shocked to see how open our guys were with so much running room.
#2. I thought Mannion looked good, despite what some of you guys have said. The lack of points were especially due to fumbles, dropped passes, and on one occasion, Mannion sliding too soon on a scramble and missing the first down by a yard and a half.
Goff didn't play long enough to comment on.
#3. There were a lot less penalties... we played like grown ups
#4. It was awesome to see a defense that didn't allow a 20,30, or 40 yard gallop by the opposition.
I liked what I saw mostly with the secondary, although I'm not sure what happened with the safety help on the Cowboys only touchdown.
The linebackers made me excited as I saw multiple players with names I am not familiar with look pretty good. Tanzel Smart looks like he may have been a steal.
#5. Our second round pick, Everett is going to make everybody on offense better. He has already shown me a look for TE that Ram fans have ever seen... exciting to say the least. McVay seems to know how to get the rock to these guys in a way that they have room to run.
#6. Cooper Kupp... watch out NFL, this kid is ready and will get open, how refreshing!
Well, I've gushed long enough, I'm almost out of kook aid, gotta get a refill.
Go Rams!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Got your cherry popped....Good job! Come on back again after week 2.
I'm not sure what happened with the safety help on the Cowboys only touchdown.
That was bad....I'm gonna assume...that was a "0" coverage type look...everyone has a man...and the FS must have been occupied or blitzing...I did see someone flashing late....The LB was in great position...just needed to get that ball.

I think Hagar is in a real battle for his position....Carlos Thompson & Cassanova....those 2 look like they can play any LB position.

I think....man...I think...they might cut Nelson Spruuuuuuce. that's a damn shame too...But between Pharoh, Thomas...and that KD guy....who do you keep? Forgot about McRoberts too.

the one expectation I didn't wanna see...was that right side o-line play...I hate seeing Todd Gurley stuffed....almost as bad as Goff getting sacked. And I figured they'd struggle.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here are some observations from an unskilled fan who likes football and loves the Rams.
#1. There were wide open receivers! Didn't know if I would ever see that again as a Ram fan. Between Spags and Fisher, offense has been missing for a long time. I was genuinely shocked to see how open our guys were with so much running room.
#2. I thought Mannion looked good, despite what some of you guys have said. The lack of points were especially due to fumbles, dropped passes, and on one occasion, Mannion sliding too soon on a scramble and missing the first down by a yard and a half.
Goff didn't play long enough to comment on.
#3. There were a lot less penalties... we played like grown ups
#4. It was awesome to see a defense that didn't allow a 20,30, or 40 yard gallop by the opposition.
I liked what I saw mostly with the secondary, although I'm not sure what happened with the safety help on the Cowboys only touchdown.
The linebackers made me excited as I saw multiple players with names I am not familiar with look pretty good. Tanzel Smart looks like he may have been a steal.
#5. Our second round pick, Everett is going to make everybody on offense better. He has already shown me a look for TE that Ram fans have ever seen... exciting to say the least. McVay seems to know how to get the rock to these guys in a way that they have room to run.
#6. Cooper Kupp... watch out NFL, this kid is ready and will get open, how refreshing!
Well, I've gushed long enough, I'm almost out of kook aid, gotta get a refill.
Go Rams!
On the Mannion slide if it's a real game he picks up that first in preseason you save yourself the big hit

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think....man...I think...they might cut Nelson Spruuuuuuce. that's a damn shame too...But between Pharoh, Thomas...and that KD guy....who do you keep? Forgot about McRoberts too.
Has there been any mention or sight of KD Cannon in practice? The only play of his in the cowboys game that I remember was a horrible kickoff return, he looked slow and/or lost. The odds are stacked against him in a very crowded WR group. I'd take Spruce over him at this point and I also think that Spruce isn't going to make the team.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I mixed them up.
Brown just hasn't been doing it. maybe he's still not 100% healthy.IDK
I like Jamon Brown as a person.
I like his story and effort.

But you can't make the club from the tub.

If he can't stay healthy, there's no reason to keep him.
I know that sounds harsh but it's reality. You gotta move on.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I don't think Spruce, McRoberts, or Thomas will be on the final roster.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Has there been any mention or sight of KD Cannon in practice?
I think I read one report on him catching some passes...in either 1 on 1's...or 7 on 7. but I gt your point...he's gotta do something in the next 3 weeks to get in this picture.

@Ramstien

Mike Thomas is on this 53 man roster.....unless he lays an egg in the next 3 games. He's an excellent ST also...as well as a nice young receiver.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Spruce, McRoberts, or Thomas will be on the final roster.
Which Thomas?
Justin? Yeah, he's a goner.
Mike? Wont be on the final 53 because he doesnt count against the roster until his 4 game suspension is done. Rams would be foolish to not take advantage of that

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Mike (Thomas)? Wont be on the final 53 because he doesnt count against the roster until his 4 game suspension is done. Rams would be foolish to not take advantage of that
Bingo! And by the time he gets back there may be an opening for an injured player or somebody has obviously been underperforming.

His coming back is not a sure thing as it used to be because of the signing of Watkins though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bingo! And by the time he gets back there may be an opening for an injured player or somebody has obviously been underperforming.

His coming back is not a sure thing as it used to be because of the signing of Watkins though.
And I saw that Reynolds was a beast in camp yesterday.