How Bad Was 2011?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How is it rewriting history when that's the margin? Sure, it was cherry-picking, but I only did it to illustrate that we could have been more competitive than THAT, had we been able to field a core of players with more than 1 or 2 years of experience (which was my only contention). I mean, we beat the Saints, but I didn't use it to discount the idea we were beyond being competitive anymore, like you stated.

And you do know that we were within 7 points of the Falcons with 12 minutes left in the game, right?
That's not garbage time. That's still a game (that the defense couldn't hold onto, even though we scored again later in the 4th).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It was bad. I also remember that we were stuck with an OL of Adam Goldberg-Jason Brown(after he was benched for giving up on the team)-Tony Wragge-Bryan Mattison-Harvey Dahl at one point on the OL.

Poor Sam actually made an OL of Saffold-Bell-Brown-Goldberg-Smith look solid in 2010. But there's no way any QB could survive behind that 2011 OL. Dahl is the only guy on that OL I named that isn't out of the league and we all want him released.

Great points jrry32 Sam did very well to have survives that as well as he did. Just think since that time (2011) the Rams have drafted only one third day OL'er thats was on this in 2013. All The Ol'ers added since that time were UFA's & WWC's. Wonder if Boudreau is growing tired or running out of throwing wishful pixy magic dust on his OL unit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm gonna minutiae the shit out of you now.

With 12 minutes left, it was a one score game.

bVuNyPr.png

If the defense holds, we score again to tie it up (because we did score again with 2:16 remaining).
But they didn't (hold up).

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Punting to Patrick Peterson in Perilously Proximate Position Produced Putrid - ness?
Phuck was that about?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Punting to Patrick Peterson in Perilously Proximate Position Produced Putrid - ness?
freak was that about?
That was Donny Jones (who I was always a fan of) not being able to kick like Hekker.
If you'll recall, he said he was told to angle it to the sidelines, but shanked it straight. Twice.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
That was Donny Jones (who I was always a fan of) not being able to kick like Hekker.
If you'll recall, he said he was told to angle it to the sidelines, but shanked it straight. Twice.

Yup ONCE was enough for me

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
That season can be summed up by this: While attempting to complete the comeback against SF on the last week of the season, Clemens suffered a high ankle sprain on a second down sack, leaving Tom Bradstater, our 4th QB to play that season, with a 3rd and 4th down and long. Both passes were incomplete.

In other words, our first and last offensive series of the season ended with injuries. Surprisingly, that worked out for us.

That season can be summed up by this: While attempting to complete the comeback against SF on the last week of the season, Clemens suffered a high ankle sprain on a second down sack, leaving Tom Bradstater, our 4th QB to play that season, with a 3rd and 4th down and long. Both passes were incomplete.

In other words, our first and last offensive series of the season ended with injuries. Surprisingly, that worked out for us.

The only time I've ever wanted the Rams to lose a game, up until the score was 20-34 then I thought screw it we can live without that #2 pick I want to beat the Whinners. Thankfully we didn't and end up with the trade that keeps on giving.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's true. I used to bring up this point a lot too, but it falls on deaf ears. Or you'll get some numbnut who says, "All teams have injuries" without even attempting to try and understand the magnitude of the situation.

Yeah I remember that. I also remember bringing up the idea that a new coach might bring about a change in training and how the team practices and we may then see a few less injuries with a more experienced coaching staff in that they would know when to push players and when not.

That was met with: All coaches run their practices the same way. It's mandated by the NFL and there is little to no differences in how they can work out their players. A coach can't do anything to affect the number of injuries a team has.

You can all try and guess who that was.

What is one of the first things Fish talked about after some of his first practices? How they were structuring their practices to prevent some of the nicks and strains that can happen if you push players at the wrong times. I think he brought it up several times throughout the year as well. I realize we still had our share of injuries but NOTHING like what we were seeing under Spags. I just find it hard to believe that coaching has nothing to do with that.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yeah I remember that. I also remember bringing up the idea that a new coach might bring about a change in training and how the team practices and we may then see a few less injuries with a more experienced coaching staff in that they would know when to push players and when not.

That was met with: All coaches run their practices the same way. It's mandated by the NFL and there is little to no differences in how they can work out their players. A coach can't do anything to affect the number of injuries a team has.

You can all try and guess who that was.

What is one of the first things Fish talked about after some of his first practices? How they were structuring their practices to prevent some of the nicks and strains that can happen if you push players at the wrong times. I think he brought it up several times throughout the year as well. I realize we still had our share of injuries but NOTHING like what we were seeing under Spags. I just find it hard to believe that coaching has nothing to do with that.
It didn't help that the players voted for Geritol over Gatorade either, old guys get hurt I was once old so I know these things,now that I'm ancient I don't do those things that resulted in injury when I was old.

Ramifications

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A few years ago under Linehan or Spagnuolo's watch we were one of the older teams. Old and bad is a nasty combination. Now we are young, promising, and like Funkadelic, Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On!