How are you guys feeling about the initial depth chart?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Offense:
Yc3FbvV.png

Defense:
G0zmnVU.png

http://www.therams.com/team/depth-chart.html

Interesting to still see marquez at second string. A few questions surrounding the defensive depth chart as well...

Big Game

Living The Dream
Looks as if nothing is given for anyone. At key positions guys will have to earn the spot!!
:yess::boxing::football:

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Looks... experimental.

?'s include

TJ Mcdonald way down on the third string.

Rhaney is a guard?

Weird doubling up on slots for the same position (2 WRs, TEs)

Looks like Hemmingway is lumped in with Hark and Justice who are more of that "H-Back" role. Don't see his slight frame in the backfield as a makeshift FB on running plays.

Some guys nit in natural spots, specifically on the O-line, but some of that may be due to the Havenstein injury. Like Wich getting a start though.

Deon Long isn't even on the team anymore.

Psycho_X

Legend

If your guess is the official page of the team you'd be correct.

Overall, I'm meh with our starters with the exception of our d-line but feel pretty good at overall depth. Hopefully some guys step up in the starter roles.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The link is right under the pictures, it came from the official site.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Put zero stock into this. Fisher has zero interest in putting out an accurate depth chart this early

This was posted at beginning of training camp and is now getting traction because PFT is late as always and wanted to make a big thing about Goff not starting. This depth chart wasn't even accurate then because Mo was starting at FS and TJ was starting at SS the first snap of camp.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Put zero stock into this. Fisher has zero interest in putting out an accurate depth chart this early

This was posted at beginning of training camp and is now getting traction because PFT is late as always and wanted to make a big thing about Goff not starting. This depth chart wasn't even accurate then because Mo was starting at FS and TJ was starting at SS the first snap of camp.

This would explain a lot. Quite a bit of it clashes with camp reports.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is TJ McDonald 3rd string?
Facing possible suspension? If he is suspended he won't be on the 53 man to start the season.

As far as the chart goes Deon Long was cut wasn't he? I think the OLine will change around once Havenstein is healthy. There really aren't too many surprises though.

fearsomefour

Legend
No it isn't he was drafted to start
Understood.
But, he played badly for most of his time in there. In terms of G depth, based on last year, he would be my fourth G. That doesn't mean things cant change and I certainly anticipate him improving, but, he was lost and completely in over his head last year. I just don't want to see someone getting a spot based on draft position. It is interesting to me that Saffold is listed at RT....maybe that is just because Havenstein had surgery?? Havenstein was good overall, with some lapses at to be expected for a rookie. Didn't see anything with him that would lead to me to think he would not be starting.
Robinson/Saffold/Barnes/Reynolds/Havenstein.....I am hard pressed to find a good explanation for any starting group that this heading into camp. An argument could be made for Wichmann manning the RG spot with Reynolds moving to LG, but, overall.....nah.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Why is TJ McDonald 3rd string?
Must mean that this is a meaningless depth chart...bunch of stuff I'd question....bunch of stuff I'd agree with...I'll just leave it at that...Game on Saturday...For some reason I thought it was Thursday.