Honesty thread, who else thought the game was over down 21-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Definitely not.
Gurley was on fire.
The offence I had faith in to get it going.
Adjustments would be made.
For the most part that's what happened.
Following the game day thread there was certainly a lot of doubters.

Ram65

Legend
I think wrote this could be a long afternoon at the 21-7 mark. The Rams weren't stopping the Eagles who just racked up 21 straight points. I didn't throw in the towel but didn't type my usual positive comeback stuff. When Kupp got the long gainer and then the TD things looked up. Not out of it at the half 24-14. Great third quarter. Poor fourth quarter. The Rams showed some heart in the second half. Much different then recent Rams teams.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Yes, we showed that we can come back from deficits. We were down 13 to Washington and came back. The only part that bugs me is that we came back and still lost the game. In both games we were tied or had the lead with the ball, only to go 3 and out and winded up losing the game. Hopefully the Rams keep getting better and with more experience, we start to pull out these games.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I have a long standing rule about its never over down 2 scores with around 5 minutes left. I did say they need to be patient and stay with Gurley but if the eagles score the next points then its probably not going to end well. Rams scored the next points and all was good across the la la land....until

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to leave the gameday thread because I saw some A-hole posting crap during the game, and then realized it was my posts. Lol

this is why i don't read the gameday thread. i found myself holding grudges against posters that continually badmouth rams players.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think wrote this could be a long afternoon at the 21-7 mark. The Rams weren't stopping the Eagles who just racked up 21 straight points. I didn't throw in the towel but didn't type my usual positive comeback stuff. When Kupp got the long gainer and then the TD things looked up. Not out of it at the half 24-14. Great third quarter. Poor fourth quarter. The Rams showed some heart in the second half. Much different then recent Rams teams.

yeah, it was looking grim then that kupp run changed the momentum of the game. like everyone i thought just keep it close till halftime then they could do some adjustments at the half and take control of the game, which is exactly what happened.

how great did it feel when they blocked that punt for a td and take the lead. then the rams were all over them, got the stop the next series and then tru had to yap about it and the ref had to throw the flag. you just knew the eagles were gonna finish with a td from that play. the rams wrestled the momentum back and took the lead again and then nick fucking foles walked onto the field.

the rams relaxed a little and it bit them in the arse. you can't relax in the nfl.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yall gave up down 2 scores...when there's a quarter and an entire 2nd half remaining in the game????

Seen too many games when teams (Rams included) came back from that deficit and a lot of times more.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I was pessimistic the whole way through. But when we had the ball at the end of the half, we COULD HAVE tied it up OR at least kept it a one score game if we played it right.

Instead we don't score AND give up a FG to go down 10 at the half. That field goal ended up being ball game.

The LITTLE things during big games matter. And we just aren't there yet. Teams like NE and Seattle are battle tested and know this... That's why they are always in the mix. Despite Lack of talent and it injuries.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ok, I admit it. I was petulant and miserable and had to give myself a time out. Lol
Couldnt move the ball, Philly just marched down the field on us.
I thought for sure it was going to be a whoopin
Then the McVay Rams showed up, not the mess of a franchise we've watched for the last 10+ years.
Sucks to lose, but I'll be dammed if I give up on this team again

They were whoopin us in the trenches. So yeah, I thought it was over at halftime. Only reason I stayed at the bar was to refuse to slink out in front of all those idiot Eagles fans that are about as common nowadays as Dallas fans. Figured I'd take my medicine, and was pleasantly surprised by the way this team fought back.

I love this team and I'm hopeful they go all the way still. But just my own take here wrt the remaining schedule and matchups, I don't like it. Don't like the matchup in Seattle with the crowd, and not sure our offense is ready to go in there and steamroll the Shithawks. Hope I'm wrong of course.

IMO we're going to come up just a little short this year. And that's ok by me, because I look forward to seeing how far they can get in the playoffs. Proud of this team, but that game just demonstrated they're not as far along as I'd hoped, and for me personally I'm going to watch the rest of the way with hope but be ready for them to fall short. Just my take man, what I'm seeing.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
In both games we were tied or had the lead with the ball, only to go 3 and out and winded up losing the game. Hopefully the Rams keep getting better and with more experience, we start to pull out these games.

yeah when we start to pull these type games out were going to be tuff to beat.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Not gonna lie. I was worried. Okay, damned worried. Lol.

Now, I’m ashamed of myself.

This current Ram team has no quit in it. So, why should I?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were whoopin us in the trenches. So yeah, I thought it was over at halftime. Only reason I stayed at the bar was to refuse to slink out in front of all those idiot Eagles fans that are about as common nowadays as Dallas fans. Figured I'd take my medicine, and was pleasantly surprised by the way this team fought back.

I love this team and I'm hopeful they go all the way still. But just my own take here wrt the remaining schedule and matchups, I don't like it. Don't like the matchup in Seattle with the crowd, and not sure our offense is ready to go in there and steamroll the Shithawks. Hope I'm wrong of course.

IMO we're going to come up just a little short this year. And that's ok by me, because I look forward to seeing how far they can get in the playoffs. Proud of this team, but that game just demonstrated they're not as far along as I'd hoped, and for me personally I'm going to watch the rest of the way with hope but be ready for them to fall short. Just my take man, what I'm seeing.

Not as far along as you'd hoped?

They came back twice to lead the game. I have no doubt if wentz stayed in the game they would have won. They saw foles and slackened off a bit and paid the price.

This game showed they can go with anyone.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I didnt. Said Rams need to come out and score to open up the half to have a chance. They did. Then they scored again on the blocked punt and just like that, they were back in it. I was surprised but how unworried I was. Was a good close game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not as far along as you'd hoped?

They came back twice to lead the game. I have no doubt if wentz stayed in the game they would have won. They saw foles and slackened off a bit and paid the price.

This game showed they can go with anyone.

Playin with anyone into the 4th quarter is different than finishing them.

Jared and our high scoring offense had the ball with just enough time to kill that clock and win an epic game. But they choked and so did our defense.

Rams ain't there yet. Close, yes. But a notch below where they need to be. Good thing is they have a chance to show more growth vs Seattle. There is still some time.

TexasRam

Legend
100% honesty I knew we would get back into it. We simply dominate the third Quarter and can score pretty easily.

The thing that did surprise me was how good Phillys interior Oline pass protected. And also how much Fletcher Cox would dominate Sullivan.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This is a young team that needs to learn how to finish games on offense and defense. The good news is I believe they will. This has been a better season than any of us could have anticipated.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The thing that did surprise me was how good Phillys interior Oline pass protected. And also how much Fletcher Cox would dominate Sullivan.

The grabbing jersey technique was incredibly effective in protecting Wentz yesterday. :rolleyes:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I wasn't that worried. They kept doing that quick West coast shit and they're two tds were contested. I felt that we'd adjust and not bail them out with penalties.

Additionally, I felt like Gurley was going bust one at any moment, and we're always a deep pass away from scoring.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was discouraged but not ready to give up. We've bounced back every time a team has gotten a lead us on like that this year.