Honesty thread, who else thought the game was over down 21-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I admit it. I was petulant and miserable and had to give myself a time out. Lol
Couldnt move the ball, Philly just marched down the field on us.
I thought for sure it was going to be a whoopin
Then the McVay Rams showed up, not the mess of a franchise we've watched for the last 10+ years.
Sucks to lose, but I'll be dammed if I give up on this team again

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I said in the game thread that we needed to give the ball to Gurley and score a TD on that first drive after halftime, or else the game would be over. Gurley comes out and takes over haha.

But then the refs were like "nah..." You can kind of get the feel of how a game is being called, and it just felt to me like the Eagles were getting all of the drive extending calls.

Psycho_X

Legend
I didn't because that's just how we've played almost every game this season. Average the first half and come out and look unstoppable in the third. Should have won it in the end. But live and learn hopefully. McVay has to get better at calling plays when trying to seal the deal.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I didn't. I haven't lacked confidence in the ability of this team to come back from a deficit like that with more than a half to play ever since the Dallas game.

Even with the Vikings game, I didn't feel it was over until they got that last TD.

Ellard80

Legend
I definately didn't feel good about it.. but I was telling myself while grumbling that we have plenty of time left.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Last year down 21-7, I am turning the game off and finding something else to do. This year, we still have a chance to win, because our offense can score very quickly.

nighttrain

Legend
We were in the game, i thot we could win right up til that last 3 and out, then the punt. just had to get a first down and couldn't.
freak it
train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope. Read my comment in the Gameday Thread
I had to leave the gameday thread because I saw some A-hole posting crap during the game, and then realized it was my posts. Lol

Zero

Pro Bowler
Ok, I admit it. I was petulant and miserable and had to give myself a time out. Lol
Couldnt move the ball, Philly just marched down the field on us.
I thought for sure it was going to be a whoopin
Then the McVay Rams showed up, not the mess of a franchise we've watched for the last 10+ years.
Sucks to lose, but I'll be dammed if I give up on this team again
I knew we were in trouble,but I didn't think for a second it was over.
With this offense,a 14 deficit that early is not a back breaker as in the past.
I knew we would play better defense in the second half.

Speaking of our second half defense,people keep saying Wade's
adjustments are the reason for the improvement in the 3rd quarter.
I believe it's part of it as well,but I think it's also Wade holding back part of his
game plan until the second half.By waiting,it keeps teams from being able
to adjust as much.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'll admit it I thought it was going to be a blowout. But I typically throw in the towel the first time we fall behind. :giveup:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nope. I’ll admit that it didn’t look good but we we can score pretty damn quick now and our D has been stepping up late in games.

Now if we could get these fucking zebras to realize this game is not about them establishing “control” over every situation and needing their 15 minutes of fame.....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, I was worried but I don't sink into the depths of submission like I used to.

I always feel like this team can figure out a way to win.

Game was certainly there for the taking. Similar to the other losses, it showed that this team still has some things to learn/work on.

But, they are close!

That's what's exciting to me... yeah, the loss hurts... but, big picture? The Rams can hang with anyone now. Anyone.

Once they learn that little bit more to get them over the hump, this team could be very dominating.

The future is bright.

Onto SEA... huge game... let's see the fall-out on some of these injuries... if most can play next week, I think they beat SEA in SEA.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I thought we'd come back but wasn't sure we would grab the lead. McVay has shown himself as a wizard w/ his play calling. There will be several series when we go 3 and out and then right before halftime, we come alive and then do even better once they come out of the locker room. The blocked kick was a cherry on the sundae. Too bad we didn't get that first one......

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
After the pick...then the quick 7....I was talking so much shit....

After the way the Eagles marched back....tied, then took a 7 point lead...then 14 points....I almost thought we'd get blown out....

Definitely don't wanna play them in their house.....run defense needs a transplant.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't giving up just realized we needed to start executing on offense. Felt our D would again make adjustments.

fearsomefour

Legend
21-7 with out slowing down their O at all?
I thought the route was about to be on.
Needed some stops on D. They got a couple and the team crawled back in.
It seems with Wades D just need to make it to halftime close.
They did that.
But, their O just kept chugging.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
After the pick...then the quick 7....I was talking so much crap....

After the way the Eagles marched back....tied, then took a 7 point lead...then 14 points....I almost thought we'd get blown out....

Definitely don't wanna play them in their house.....run defense needs a transplant.

It looked and sounded like we just did that.