Higbee put back together again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I remember correctly, he said Bowers is great (obvi) and after that you had Theo Johnson and J'Tavian Sanders and then it was a desert after that. And thought Sanders and Johnson would be fought over cause there wasn't anything left after them.
I agree that's the top 3 and the last 2 should be second rounders. But there are dome guys who look very fun in the 4th to 6th round range.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Anybody else intrigued by the Illinois TE Tip Reiman 270 lbs. running a 4.6/40 and can block. He'd be a great fit blocking duo with an OT.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Anybody else intrigued by the Illinois TE Tip Reiman 270 lbs. running a 4.6/40 and can block. He'd be a great fit blocking duo with an OT.

Tip Reiman literally thinks baby pigeons don't exist. HELL no.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If I remember correctly, he said Bowers is great (obvi) and after that you had Theo Johnson and J'Tavian Sanders and then it was a desert after that. And thought Sanders and Johnson would be fought over cause there wasn't anything left after them.

I'm honestly not a Theo Johnson fan. Not nearly enough production for his measurables, not much of a YAC threat, and he's utter shit as a run-blocker.

Sanders and Holker at least have that YAC mentality and production.

William Hayes was pretty good; and he believed in Mermaids but not Dinosaurs.

It's good to keep an Out-of-the-Box Thinker around. That's why we have @Loyal.

You could at least make a theory that mermaids (and other various sea creatures) simply haven't been discovered yet; the ocean is a vast place, and we haven't even mapped a quarter of the Pacific alone, let alone the Indian and Arctic Oceans.

Believing that "baby birds don't exist because I haven't seen them" is just...wrong. It's not even needed to be scientifically refutable; it's just dead - fucking - wrong.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm honestly not a Theo Johnson fan. Not nearly enough production for his measurables, not much of a YAC threat, and he's utter shit as a run-blocker.

You could at least make a theory that mermaids (and other various sea creatures) simply haven't been discovered yet; the ocean is a vast place, and we haven't even mapped a quarter of the Pacific alone, let alone the Indian and Arctic Oceans.

Believing that "baby birds don't exist because I haven't seen them" is just...wrong. It's not even needed to be scientifically refutable; it's just dead - fucking - wrong.
Only thing I know about Johnson is that he apparently looked good at senior bowl.

Also, have you ever even seen a babier bird? Prob not. So where then do baby birds come from? Do the research.

Psycho_X

Legend

Meh, if that's the worst thing about him I'm ok with him being an idiot. He can be one of those dumbass flat earthers for all I care if he can make my team better.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Only thing I know about Johnson is that he apparently looked good at senior bowl.

Also, have you ever even seen a babier bird? Prob not. So where then do baby birds come from? Do the research.
My house and the woods around it are literally a breeding ground for birds, squirrels, and rabbits. Robin nest above the garage (with baby robins that I have proof of with pictures on my iPhone, which I would gladly show if the site didn't cut out pictures), sparrow nest literally in the fire alarm, nests on the trees everywhere.

And baby birds come from similar places like you: a sperm from a sexually-active male=sexed being fertilizing an egg of a sexually-active female-sexed being. Only difference is that the female birds actually lay the eggs and incubate them. But there's literally a YouTube video that shows a person incubating an abandoned baby bird that they found in the wild, raising it, and releasing it.

So power lines are not "pigeon-recharging stations". Point blank. Period. Full stop. End. Fin.

Meh, if that's the worst thing about him I'm ok with him being an idiot. He can be one of those dumbass flat earthers for all I care if he can make my team better.

He could be a dumbass flat-earther and help the team...but we're talking about a blocking tight end, at best, in a class very weak at tight end.

I'm sorry, he's simply off my radar. Maybe as an UDFA. Maybe.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I have made that exact argument to @Loyal so many times.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All has huge potential for sure...but he's had some severe injuries (spinal injury, ACL). It would be a huge gamble, and I'd still take a tight end before him, given that he'd likely start on the PUP along with Higbee (and maybe Long).
I don’t see Long being on the pup list again. IMO he’ll have strong training camp & push Allen for the majority of playing time.Higbee should be back at some point this year.

I went & yelled at Snead & Demoff about that in 2017(18) ?
They should have more depth at TE than Mundy,Higbee, & G.Everett.

I’m not going to disagree,but risk ca.reward for E.ALL if Reggie approves is well worth it.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Hope Higa heals up..

Obviously Davis Allen showed some promise... but can he be a solid blocker in the run game?

I really like Ja'Taviopus Turner in the draft

And there are free agents like Jonu Smith... and Gerald Everrett out there

It's nice we have options

fearsomefour

Legend
I’m done with Higbee…always hurt and drops a lot of passes. Might be good in run blocking but we can upgrade big time with a player like Hunter Henry
Higbee is the best TE in Rams history by a large margin.
That does not mean unending loyalty, but, he will be back.
Allen will be fine as a receiver, but, he's not up to the level you want as a blocker yet.
Higbee is a solid blocker.
Long was an excellent blocker, but, he really can't stay healthy.
As for Higbee dropping passes he was worse this year because of injuries mostly.
He historically does not have bad hands for a TE.
I don't know that Henry is an upgrade if both are healthy, but, bringing him in makes sense with Higs out way into next year more than likely.