Hey RFIP, cheer up...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I think that the only person whose opinion matters as to whether the original post was inappropriate or not is RFIP.

I would also add @PhxRam, @-X-, and the mods to that list. Imo and from past experience, mentioning someone's screen name in a thread title, for whatever reason, is never a good idea.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I would also add @PhxRam, @-X-, and the mods to that list. Imo and from past experience, mentioning someone's screen name in a thread title, for whatever reason, is never a good idea.

So if somebody posted a thread that mentioned me by name in an unflattering way, but that I decided to ignore because it didn't really bother me, the powers that be could swoop in and delete said post anyway?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So if somebody posted a thread that mentioned me by name in an unflattering way, but that I decided to ignore because it didn't really bother me, the powers that be could swoop in and delete said post anyway?

If it got enough inappropriates or if a mod felt like it was totally out of line then yes.

PhxRam

This place is unique in that regards. :sleep:

PhxRam

Sorry if I seem stupid.
This is the only board I regularly post on so I'm not totally up on all the rules and etiquette.

Bear with me.

I dont think I have ever called a single person in my life stupid and you wont be my first.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is actually good to talk about. Thanks to @max in that respect.

If I might answer your question though from my perspective - Even if it didn't bother you at all it would be hard for anyone else to truly know unless rather than ignore it, you posted that it didn't bother you. May seem silly but there are a lot of new faces around here and even some of us who have been around for years may not know all the characters or personalities.

Several of us poke all kinds of shit at each other so I realize it can be a fine line. I think where it actually does cross it is when the name is in the thread title unless you are saying something obviously positive or neutral.

But IMO - it is a good subject to have come up every now and then.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Sorry if I seem stupid.
This is the only board I regularly post on so I'm not totally up on all the rules and etiquette.

Bear with me.

There's no stupid questions, just bear's. ;)

upload_2014-5-13_16-25-8.png

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This is actually good to talk about. Thanks to @max in that respect.

If I might answer your question though from my perspective - Even if it didn't bother you at all it would be hard for anyone else to truly know unless rather than ignore it, you posted that it didn't bother you. May seem silly but there are a lot of new faces around here and even some of us who have been around for years may not know all the characters or personalities.

Several of us poke all kinds of crap at each other so I realize it can be a fine line. I think where it actually does cross it is when the name is in the thread title unless you are saying something obviously positive or neutral.

But IMO - it is a good subject to have come up every now and then.

It sets a dangerous precedent for new posters. You guys that have been around here awhile get awfully angry with some of the new posters as is (and rightly so, for the most part).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It sets a dangerous precedent for new posters. You guys that have been around here awhile get awfully angry with some of the new posters as is (and rightly so, for the most part).
STFU newb.