Hey RFIP, cheer up...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
2015 may not be a good draft year for WRs, but it should be a great year for QBs. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
And..........who's to say they don't get a WR later......you never know. ;)

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2015 may not be a good draft year for WRs, but it should be a great year for QBs. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

FYI.... RFIP and I go way back. He knows I'm just joking around. I'm all in on Bradford. (shhh.... don't tell him).

Is there really any need for this? I get that the constant WR bashing gets annoying, but calling someone out by name and going on to say something that you hope will get a rise out of him, surly that's the definition of trolling? I thought we were better than that :unsure:.

Edit: just seen Max's second post, as long as it's in good nature and you're both in on it, then OK.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
So, if they don't hit the like button, they don't like it? Seems harsh! ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, there is no "dislike" button. You either like it, or you don't. Inappropriate is more or less a way for board members to report an infraction. Trolling, arguing, insults, whatever. Enough people report it and the post disappears into moderation.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does not liking something make it inappropriate?
No it doesnt. I was one of the people who voted inappropriate, but that was before any context was given with max's second post. Surely you can see how this would be seen as trolling to someone who doesnt know their history. I thought he was just looking to piss off RFIP with the WR comment and than saying we need a new qb next year. If RFIP also takes this in a joking manner, so be it, but I still dont think this should have been a thread.

scifiman

Maybe we should see who is going to be available on the FA market instead for 2015.

scifiman

No it doesnt. I was one of the people who voted inappropriate, but that was before any context was given with max's second post. Surely you can see how this would be seen as trolling to someone who doesnt know their history. I thought he was just looking to pee pee off RFIP with the WR comment and than saying we need a new qb next year. If RFIP also takes this in a joking manner, so be it, but I still dont think this should have been a thread.
It's called boredom. No news happening so just start talking. NBD.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Does not liking something make it inappropriate?
Nah but generally calling out a fellow poster does.

@max - I get that it was in fun and you explained it later. Not to be the wet rag here but I personally think the subsequent post could be overlooked by someone and a tone is set. It may seem picky but it's just not a good idea to call out a poster by name. RFIP could totally get the joke and think it's funny but ???

No biggie though. I don't believe you (max) had ill intent.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
No it doesnt. I was one of the people who voted inappropriate, but that was before any context was given with max's second post. Surely you can see how this would be seen as trolling to someone who doesnt know their history. I thought he was just looking to pee pee off RFIP with the WR comment and than saying we need a new qb next year. If RFIP also takes this in a joking manner, so be it, but I still dont think this should have been a thread.

I think that the only person whose opinion matters as to whether the original post was inappropriate or not is RFIP. Even before Max's second post I just thought it was probably just good natured ribbing (which is why I thought it was ok to like the original post) as RFIP has not been shy in either his support if Sam Bradford or his desire to have the Rams draft Sammy Watkins.
You don't see a lot of trolling on here, so maybe I was just being naive in initially assuming it was a joke between friends.

I get what you're saying though. I'm not a fan of trolls either.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Nah but generally calling out a fellow poster does.

@max - I get that it was in fun and you explained it later. Not to be the wet rag here but I personally think the subsequent post could be overlooked by someone and a tone is set. It may seem picky but it's just not a good idea to call out a poster by name. RFIP could totally get the joke and think it's funny but ???

No biggie though. I don't believe you (max) had ill intent.

Agreed on calling out a fellow poster.

I guess I'm just naive in not reading it (the original post) as an insult because you really don't see that much here.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that the only person whose opinion matters as to whether the original post was inappropriate or not is RFIP. Even before Max's second post I just thought it was probably just good natured ribbing (which is why I thought it was ok to like the original post) as RFIP has not been shy in either his support if Sam Bradford or his desire to have the Rams draft Sammy Watkins.
You don't see a lot of trolling on here, so maybe I was just being naive in initially assuming it was a joke between friends.

I get what you're saying though. I'm not a fan of trolls either.
I agree with you man, I mis-read the situation but I tend to ere on the side of caution with these things. I just wanted to be clear that I wouldnt simply report something I didnt like