Hey Ram fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
I don't disagree. See both sides. Maybe it's a degree of tradition for me.

For example, the Vikings. You're right. They did have a very strong tradition for about a decade with four Super Bowl appearances but it was limited; and none of those four games were particularly competitive.
The Minute Scrotum Bi-Queens were responsible for four of the most humiliating Super Bowl defeats in the history of the game.

oldnotdead

Legend
What home field advantage? Stafford was in Detroit remember? He's more than experienced at playing in Lambo. Robinson played with the Bears since 2018 so he knows it well. Kupp played at Eastern Washington where it snows in the winter. Leonard Flyod played 4 years with the Bears so its not like he doesn't know Lambo.

My point is, the myth of Lambeau being a huge advantage is really based on ancient history when the game was stopped periodically to allow the dinosaurs to walk through. The truth is the Packers are 8-7 in home playoffs in the last 15 home playoff games. They lost the last two including to an injured 49er team BTW. You would expect better in a domed stadium. So the truth is there is no home playoff domination by the Packers. It's all a marketing ploy by management to not have to build a new enclosed stadium.

The reason I hate Lambeau is because it could allow the weather to dictate the outcome which would be a travesty. It's clear from the Packer's record that the weather affects your own team as much as the visitors. My cousin is married to a lifelong Packers fan who actually owns shares. Even he knows there is no real advantage and wishes they would build a domed stadium so he doesn't have to eat frozen hotdogs. These stats are from him BTW. It's exactly why the Lions and Vikes built domed stadiums. If the advantage was real both of those teams would be still freezing their fans as well.

With the burden of Rodger's contract, the Packers will be lucky to field a playoff-caliber team. It already cost the Packers their best WR. It's also harder to attract top talent. Nahhh the downsides outweigh the few upsides and it's more than just my opinion.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's funny to think that Joe montana probably would have been a ram
I loved Montana back then being a good Catholic and rooting in my world for the only Catholic University on the planet in Notre Dame. When I was really young, I thought Notre Dame was always supposed to win (like the Harlem Globetrotters). I always wonder what could have been with Bill Walsh as Ram Head Coach.
1648926274849.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Minute Scrotum Bi-Queens were responsible for four of the most humiliating Super Bowl defeats in the history of the game.
You sound like a Rams' fan who lived through the 1974 and 1976 NFC Championship Game defeats in MN.

Outside of the Super Bowl losses, those two game were the most frustrating and disappointing of my 52 years as a Rams' fan because I really believe those Rams teams were better than those Vikings teams.
Not just better in those two seasons but better on those two specific Game days.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stan buying the Rams at the 11:59 hour, instead of Khan, more than makes up for us passing on Walsh. We had no idea, at the time, the somewhat cataclysmic event, that was avoided.

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
You sound like a Rams' fan who lived through the 1974 and 1976 NFC Championship Game defeats in MN.

Outside of the Super Bowl losses, those two game were the most frustrating and disappointing of my 52 years as a Rams' fan because I really believe those Rams teams were better than those Vikings teams.
Not just better in those two seasons but better on those two specific Game days.
And even in 1969, when I will concede the Queens had the better team over the 14 game season, the LA RAMS were better in the NFL Western Conference Championship Game but, as detailed in Deacon Jones's autobiography, the zebras fueled the comeback from the 10 point halftime deficit and kept that deficit from being larger in the first place.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Still the Vikings got there, I always found it amusing that after 1977 the Rams let Chuck Knox go and hired George Allen based on his record against Dallas, but Knox did not have issues against Dallas, he could never beat Bud Grant and the Minnesota Vikings in the playoffs and Allen was not any good against the Vikings either, so I could not believe how blinded the Rams were back then because even as a 12 year old back then, I was screaming, we can beat Dallas, we can't beat Minnesota so hire Bill Walsh, who I wanted because of his Offensive Success at Stanford.

View attachment 53330
This is the one that caught my attention most.

How did Georgia fuck this one up, what might have been

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
And even in 1969, when I will concede the Queens had the better team over the 14 game season, the LA RAMS were better in the NFL Western Conference Championship Game but, as detailed in Deacon Jones's autobiography, the zebras fueled the comeback from the 10 point halftime deficit and kept that deficit from being larger in the first place.
Having lived through many disappointments and understanding how difficult it is to win it all, I am still feeling the high from this year's Championship. I feel many good emotions but one of them is Grateful because it is So Damn Tough to win a Super Bowl

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Stan buying the Rams at the 11:59 hour, instead of Khan, more than makes up for us passing on Walsh. We had no idea, at the time, the somewhat cataclysmic event, that was avoided.
Being the minority owner with an agreement when the Rams moved to St Louis that he had first right of refusal to buy the remaining interest he had no choice but to exercise that right in the 11th hour.

Just trying to get the history right.

Packfan18

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All winter games for the Packers need to be played in Austin, Texas especially in January....
I’d rather earn it playing at home. Nowadays we go undefeated in GB in the regular season and lose at home in the playoffs.

Ram65

Legend
I get that thought; and, genuinely have mixed feelings because there is NFL history with the Packers and Lambeau Field. There really is not with the Vikings and Lions.

Maybe it's time to put tradition in the history books and just move-on but I revere a few sports locations. Lambeau Field and Wrigley Field are two of them

Keep upgrading the infrastructures and keep the history. There needs to be at least a few history-rich stadiums around for generations to see and learn about firsthand. It's a little hard to believe that Dodger Stadium is celebrating its 60th Birthday this year. There is a lot of great history there. Frank McCourt didn't have the money to keep the Dodgers but, did start renovations including fixing structure cracks/damage ( IIRC) and changing the seats. Upgrades keep on coming, it's still the original Dodger Stadium that is the oldest stadium in the NL and the third oldest in Major League Baseball.

Dodger Stadium is a baseball stadium in the Elysian Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. It is the home stadium of Major League Baseball's Los Angeles Dodgers. Opened in 1962, it was constructed in less than three years at a cost of US$23 million (US$197 million in 2020 dollars[8]).[11][13] It is the oldest ballpark in MLB west of the Mississippi River, and third-oldest overall, after Fenway Park in Boston (1912) and Wrigley Field in Chicago (1914), and is the largest baseball stadium in the world by seat capacity. Often referred to as a "pitcher's ballpark", the stadium has seen 13 no-hitters, two of which were perfect games.

The stadium hosted the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in 1980—and will host in 2022—as well as games of 10 World Series (1963, 1965, 1966, 1974, 1977, 1978, 1981, 1988, 2017 and 2018). It also hosted the semifinals and finals of the 2009 and 2017 World Baseball Classics, as well as exhibition baseball during the 1984 Summer Olympics. It will also host baseball and softball during the 2028 Summer Olympics. The stadium hosted a soccer tournament on August 3, 2013, featuring four clubs: the hometown team Los Angeles Galaxy, and Europe's Real Madrid, Everton, and Juventus. The Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks played a regular-season game in 2014 as part of the NHL Stadium Series.

It is sometimes referred to as “Blue Heaven on Earth,” a nickname coined by Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda.[14]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Being the minority owner with an agreement when the Rams moved to St Louis that he had first right of refusal to buy the remaining interest he had no choice but to exercise that right in the 11th hour.

Just trying to get the history right.
Yeah as I remember it, he let Kahn set the market @ 700 Million or so,then said... Yep, I'll take them for that. It was a no brainer at that price and I don't think there was any doubt that Stan was going to buy them out. He would have been crazy not to. NFL teams are money trees.... You don't sell those.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’d rather earn it playing at home. Nowadays we go undefeated in GB in the regular season and lose at home in the playoffs.
I think the nostalgia of playing in five below temperatures has completely warn off on the current generation of NFL players. I know it would play a factor in my decision of where to play.