Hey Ram fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Packfan18

Rookie
I went on the Lambeau Field tour the other day and here’s what I seen.

BC3CDDBD-B048-4DF2-93E4-1ABEFB97AB72.jpeg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All winter games for the Packers need to be played in Austin, Texas especially in January....
IDK about that, but @Packfan18 for years they finally smarten up in Minnesota & Detroit, what's taken our Wisconsin brethren so long? All of us realize there is no hope in Chicago, but come one, Where's the Roof?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So, they wouldn’t bother heating the ground during the after football winter… is that normal winter brown maybe?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah its been empty that way for a few months now.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
IDK about that, but @Packfan18 for years they finally smarten up in Minnesota & Detroit, what's taken our Wisconsin brethren so long? All of us realize there is no hope in Chicago, but come one, Where's the Roof?
I get that thought; and, genuinely have mixed feelings because there is NFL history with the Packers and Lambeau Field. There really is not with the Vikings and Lions.

I live in NYC and grew-up going to Yankee Stadium ... before and after the 1974-1975 renovations. The current stadium the Yankees play in is terrific. However, regardless of it's name, that ain't Yankee Stadium.
Just like TD Garden or the New Garden just is not the Boston Garden.

Maybe it's time to put tradition in the history books and just move-on but I revere a few sports locations. Lambeau Field and Wrigley Field are two of them

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Packers need to sell the team to a billionaire owner. Otherwise they are at the mercy of QB roulette to stay relevant after Rodgers leaves

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I get that thought; and, genuinely have mixed feelings because there is NFL history with the Packers and Lambeau Field. There really is not with the Vikings and Lions.

I live in NYC and grew-up going to Yankee Stadium ... before and after the 1974-1975 renovations. The current stadium the Yankees play in is terrific. However, regardless of it's name, that ain't Yankee Stadium. Just like TD Garden or the New Garden just is not the Boston Garden.

Maybe it's time to put tradition in the history books and just move-on but I revere a few sports locations. Lambeau Field and Wrigley Field are two of them
Okay as to Yankee Stadium, which I've been to the old & new quite a few times over the years living in Upstate, NY but don't like the Yankees being a Dodger fan. Baseball is played in the Sultry days of Summer, no issue, leave it alone, even in Minnesota no roof for baseball is fine, but the Vikings had a great tradition in Bloomington Minnesota before they finally smartened up and built the Hubert H. Humphrey (yes @Loyal before Creed there was Hubert) Metro Dome in 1978 my God if the Vikings had built that several years earlier the Rams and Chuck Knox would have been to the Super Bowl.

Seriously I am all about tradition and nobody loves Vincent Thomas Lombardi & Cold November Mud more then me, but times change and you evolve and IMO, I don't think you have to play games in the bitter cold anymore.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I like the throwback to my childhood stadiums. I remember when we played in Bloomington or Denver along with the occasional games in GB and Soldier. It sucks for fans but it is a piece of the game that I don't hate as a fan. I would think the team that is owned by its fans would have made a much louder gripe about having to deal with the elements and pushed for a dome long ago.
Edit: oops! looks like @Den posted much the same thing while I was writing

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Thanks for sharing.

Lambeau Field is an "Epic Historical NFL Stadium"

Lambeau isn't a modern-day wonder like So-Fi and other recent new NFL stadiums, but I appreciate the history and nostalgia.

The Packers have owned the Rams 7 of their last 8 meetings.

Packers vs Rams head to head all time series: (Packers lead series 48-47-2)

Last 8 meetings

green_bay.png
vs
la-rams-2020-1.png

11/28/21 Packers 36 Rams 28 (regular season)
01/16/21 Packers 32 Rams 18 (divisional round NFC playoffs)

10/28/18 Rams 29 Packers 27 (regular season)
10/11/15 Packers 24 Rams 10 (regular season)

10/21/12 Packers 30 Rams 20 (regular season)
10/16/11 Packers 24 Rams 3 (regular season)

09/27/09 Packers 36 Rams 17 (regular season)
12/16/07 Packers 33 Rams 14 (regular season)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The frozen tundra of Lambeau... Should be a good season ahead in 2022. Need to get some QBs on the other teams in that division.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Okay as to Yankee Stadium, which I've been to the old & new quite a few times over the years living in Upstate, NY but don't like the Yankees being a Dodger fan. Baseball is played in the Sultry days of Summer, no issue, leave it alone, even in Minnesota no roof for baseball is fine, but the Vikings had a great tradition in Bloomington Minnesota before they finally smartened up and built the Hubert H. Humphrey (yes @Loyal before Creed there was Hubert) Metro Dome in 1978 my God if the Vikings had built that several years later the Rams and Chuck Knox would have been to the Super Bowl.

Seriously I am all about tradition and nobody loves Vincent Thomas Lombardi & Cold November Mud more then me, but times change and you evolve and IMO, I don't think you have to play games in the bitter cold anymore.
I don't disagree. See both sides. Maybe it's a degree of tradition for me.

For example, the Vikings. You're right. They did have a very strong tradition for about a decade with four Super Bowl appearances but it was limited; and none of those four games were particularly competitive.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Speaking of which... My grass is damn near a foot high in places already. Spring thinks it's here in central Missouri just need the weather to agree. :laugh4:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
For example, the Vikings. You're right. They did have a very strong tradition for about a decade with four Super Bowl appearances but it was limited; and none of those four games were particularly competitive.
Still the Vikings got there, I always found it amusing that after 1977 the Rams let Chuck Knox go and hired George Allen based on his record against Dallas, but Knox did not have issues against Dallas, he could never beat Bud Grant and the Minnesota Vikings in the playoffs and Allen was not any good against the Vikings either, so I could not believe how blinded the Rams were back then because even as a 12 year old back then, I was screaming, we can beat Dallas, we can't beat Minnesota so hire Bill Walsh, who I wanted because of his Offensive Success at Stanford.

1648914166957.png

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Still the Vikings got there, I always found it amusing that after 1977 the Rams let Chuck Knox go and hired George Allen based on his record against Dallas, but Knox did not have issues against Dallas, he could never beat Bud Grant and the Minnesota Vikings in the playoffs and Allen was not any good against the Vikings either, so I could not believe how blinded the Rams were back then because even as a 12 year old back then, I was screaming, we can beat Dallas, we can't beat Minnesota so hire Bill Walsh, who I wanted because of his Offensive Success at Stanford.

View attachment 53330
That's funny to think that Joe montana probably would have been a ram