Hey, look who just made the leap from OT to Rams Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
X said:
Ramhusker said:
WHY do the Rams need a backup QB? What the hell is wrong with Kellen Clemons? He's played in this O before and is a scrappy bastard. What the hell?
I hate Twitter sometimes.

Now Jim Thomas is suggesting that the Rams never made an offer (according to league sources).
Really Jim? Weren't you the one who broke this story? FFS. #bitemyballsTwitter.
#Andmine2Twitter.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
ESPN is continuing to report St. Louis as a possible destination if the deal with the Jets falls through.

If it's true the Rams were ever interested in Tebow it makes me concerned about the leadership we have in place.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
MerlinJones said:
ESPN is continuing to report St. Louis as a possible destination if the deal with the Jets falls through.

If it's true the Rams were even interested in Tebow it makes me concerned about the leadership we have in place.

Exactly, I'd hate to see my favorite team pick up a guy just for the "side show" value. Why not pick up Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair? Pee Wee Herman and Michael Jordan? Let's get this Carnival on the road!!!!!!!! Is Dennis Rodman available?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
MerlinJones said:

If it's true the Rams were even interested in Tebow it makes me concerned about the leadership we have in place.
I don't know what's real anymore. Jim Thomas is flat-out denying that the Rams are interested; claiming, "They were just poking around to see what backup QBs were available." Of course I have no idea what that means, but there you are. Sometimes I think "league sources" is this guy:

102911-pay-no-attention.jpg

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
MerlinJones said:

Exactly, I'd hate to see my favorite team pick up a guy just for the "side show" value. Why not pick up Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair? Pee Wee Herman and Michael Jordan? Let's get this Carnival on the road!!!!!!!! Is Dennis Rodman available?

Now the Worm I could get behind. At least Rodman knew his role on the team. Plus, the ram horn haircut he'd probably sport would be sweet!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
The Tebow rumors just didnt make sense for us. Its one thing to be looking for competition for the backup QB spot, Tebow is a whole different story.

Heres my theory: Everyone knows we've shown interest in backup QBs in FA. We brought Shaun Hill in for a visit, and I think we were also linked to Jason Campbell. There may have been others. Someone could have easily looked at that and assumed we would be interested in Tebow. Maybe there was legitimate interest in Tebow. When you take out the media/fan circus, he could be used in short yardage situations, gadget plays, redzone, 2pt conversions, etc. Would you give up a 6 or 7th round pick for a player that can succeed in those situations? It reminds me of what the Oklahoma Sooners did with Landry Jones backup QB last season. He was a big fella, and was used in the redzone(I think he had 2 or 3 tds in the OU/Baylor game).

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Mike Klis of the Denver Post:

@MikeKlis: Tebow trade will happen. It's just that Jaguars are back in it. It's between jets and jags, according to NFL source

Take it for what its worth lol.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Not saying that there was ever anything to this other than media pimping on a slow day. But if anyone on the Rams wanted him it might be Schotty, use TT like he did Brad Smith with the Jets. Tebow would be a big chunk of what cap space is left. Getting a udfa athletic spread qb would be a better option to run a wildcat.
P.S. The wildcat is dead.

Yes he would sell tickets, yes he would sell Jersey's and yes their would be much gnashing of teeth over who should be the Rams qb.
This would be bad. As much as I liked watching him, putting him in a timing offense dependent on accuracy would be a disaster.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
.... and it is done. Really. No, really REALLY this time. Really.

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer
Just heard from John Fox, Tebow to Jets FINALLY done.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Well thank Tebow for that.

Apparently he picked the Jets over the Jags. I guess you really can't go home again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WestsideRamsfan said:
Don't think the Rams were ever interested. Fisher is too smart for that.
Yeah, turns out they weren't (interested). They were, according to Balzer, just interested in the teams that Tebow was slated to end up at, so that they could garner interest in one of THOSE teams' QBs.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
John 3 : 16 ... meet ... Rex about 375

LMAO

I guess Tebow chose NY over JAX. JAX offer to the Broncos was actually better(Their have a higher 4th round pick and were willing to pay 3 mill of the back contract compared to NY's 2.5 offer). Tebow said he really wanted to play for Rex. :shock: Interesting personality combo

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tebow + Ryan = swear jar

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk