Hey, look who just made the leap from OT to Rams Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Michael Lombardi@michaelombardi
Add the St Louis Rams as a team strongly interested in trading for Tim Tebow

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
.... and now it's back to OT with ya, Timmy boy. :rofl:

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer
Breaking news: Ny Jets have just traded a 4th round pick for Tim Tebow

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
X said:
.... and now it's back to OT with ya, Timmy boy. :rofl:

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer
Breaking news: Ny Jets have just traded a 4th round pick for Tim Tebow

Big city fools.
Did they give Sanchez a new extension to keep him from whining.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I heard on radio it was a 4th and 6th but anyway thank god Tebow ain't a Ram no pun intended

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Per Lombardi:
At one time the Rams had the highest offer on the table, the Jets clearly stepped up and made the best offer.

---------

Which begs the question. WTF? What possible fit could Tebow have had in this offense? And what does that say about their commitment to Bradford? It was over as fast as it started (the rumor), but now that it's substantiated through league sources, it leaves a number of questions in its wake.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Per Lombardi:
At one time the Rams had the highest offer on the table, the Jets clearly stepped up and made the best offer.

---------

Which begs the question. WTF? What possible fit could Tebow have had in this offense? And what does that say about their commitment to Bradford? It was over as fast as it started (the rumor), but now that it's substantiated through league sources, it leaves a number of questions in its wake.

Well, the Rams do need a back up QB. If it was a 7th round pick, I don't see an issue.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
X said:
Per Lombardi:

---------

It would have been a freaking nightmare. Yeah we need a backup, but a real backup. Christ on a crutch if we brought Bulger back there would have been less stink.
The WTF to me is why we would give up draft choices. We need players not might never play backups.
Sounds like a Shaw move.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Lesson said:
X said:
Per Lombardi:

---------

Well, the Rams do need a back up QB. If it was a 7th round pick, I don't see an issue.

Problem is fans would start calling for Tebow to start over Bradford. It would retard Bradford's development. Same reason JAX didnt end up trading for him, I guarantee it. Id say Bradford is most certainly better than Gabbert tho.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
X said:
Per Lombardi:

---------

Except it wasn't a 7th. And the issue would be like it was in Denver. Anytime Bradford throws an incomplete pass, the fan base (the stupid faction) would be screaming for Tebow to be inserted as QB. We need the kind of negative attention that Tebow brings like we need another middle linebacker.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:
X said:
Per Lombardi:

---------

Except it wasn't a 7th. And the issue would be like it was in Denver. Anytime Bradford throws an incomplete pass, the fan base (the stupid faction) would be screaming for Tebow to be inserted as QB. We need the kind of negative attention that Tebow brings like we need another middle linebacker.

Do we know what other teams made an offer aside from the Rams and Jets?

And yeah, I agree having the Tebow side show wouldn't be a good thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:

Nothing real substantive. Just rumors. But the Rams did make an offer, so that makes me wonder why. A back-up is one thing, but Tebow is more than a back-up. He comes with his own side-show. I have to go and check if Snead did any scouting on Tebow, and if he did, what he thought about him.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:

Nothing real substantive. Just rumors. But the Rams did make an offer, so that makes me wonder why. A back-up is one thing, but Tebow is more than a back-up. He comes with his own side-show. I have to go and check if Snead did any scouting on Tebow, and if he did, what he thought about him.

Fair enough. I'd be interested in seeing Snead's opinion of Tebow, too.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ound-pick/

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Jets will send the Broncos their fourth-round draft pick. Additionally, the Broncos will send a seventh-round pick to the Jets and receive a sixth-round pick from the Jets.

So they had to trade back a pick to get the Jets to take him.

Irecomend the reading the comments on this story. Hilarious. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Examples.

Jets fan all my life… i said NOTHING would ever make me quit. I was upset about some of the decisions that have happened these last few months but this does it… This is pathetic… for a 4th round pick… REALLY? I’m done. GL having the press talk about you non stop Rex/Mike T/Woody… im sure that will get you titles. Who cares about the fans if the cameras are on you right?

bearsrulepackdrool says:
Mar 21, 2012 12:58 PM
He was betrayed by Judas McDaniels
Crucified by Pios Belichek.
Now he’s being sent to H!ll.
I’m waiting for his resurrection.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ugh. Apparently this isn't over yet either.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language, meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling. Complex.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
X said:

Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language, meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling. Complex.

Deal falls apart his back on trading block rams real interested

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
BuiltRamTough said:
X said:

Deal falls apart his back on trading block rams real interested
No problem, let's just ask the "committee" what they think? :amped:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WHY do the Rams need a backup QB? What the hell is wrong with Kellen Clemons? He's played in this O before and is a scrappy bastard. What the hell?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
WHY do the Rams need a backup QB? What the hell is wrong with Kellen Clemons? He's played in this O before and is a scrappy bastard. What the hell?
I hate Twitter sometimes.

Now Jim Thomas is suggesting that the Rams never made an offer (according to league sources).
Really Jim? Weren't you the one who broke this story? FFS. #bitemyballsTwitter.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ramhusker said:

Sells tickets.

steferfootball

Starter
Tebow could have helped keep the team in St. Louis. Ticket sales and Media circus could help the bottom line.

Honestly, Tebow is probably a money maker more than anything.