Hey, look, it's one of those polls! Those are always awesome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A or B

• A

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • B

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

iced

Re: Hey, look, it's one of those polls! Those are always awe

jrry32 said:
iced said:
jrry32 said:
iced said:
i try to give my realistic opinion of any football team - sure there's going to be a little leniency toward my team, but in fairness, i know my team better than others so it's easier to pin point strengths/weaknesses.

Sam is what he is - could you win a Superbowl with him? Probably, just like any other QB he's going to need an excellent team around him to do that.

Will he be talked about as a Top 5 QB within the next few years? I don't know, but right now I don't see it...but I also realize he's played essentially 2 and 1/2 seasons and still growing.

When I look at my fantasy match ups in football and I notice I have a #1 receiver going up against our defense (or if someone else does), I immediately go "Yep he'll have a huge day." People may not like it, but I knew Blackmon was gonna blow it up.... fit's the running trend of: 1) Big time receivers making first games back tend to do this, 2)We can't stop a #1 receiver.

Eh...Blackmon benefited greatly from a blown coverage.

....so was fitzgerald...so was julio jones..... see a pattern here?

Nah. While McLeod was out of position, both those guys beat the CB 1 on 1. Blackmon just wasn't covered. But...I guess it wasn't that hard to expect some sort of breakdown. I see your point.

they've had a break down every game, and yea it was a breakdown on mcleod each time... both times they were expecting help, that's why janoris took the inside route thinking he had help over the top.

fitzgerald beat finny but again i bet it was the same concept - he was expecting over the top help... when guys expect help, they play it different vs man coverage..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Too funny Paulie. I've been out hunting and been busy with the brewery and restaurant. But this is a poll that works for me. I'm definitely a B. That Dallas game hit me hard but in general... I'm gonna wear my gear and say fuck you to all who scoff. I AM a Rams fan and will always be a Rams fan. If that makes me stupid to some, eff 'em. It's not like I'm going to start caring NOW.

I do have to say though that the way the Dallas game hit me and the way I reacted are far from my view of B and who I am as a fan. I know several of you said I had nothing to apologize for and the like (thanks for that), but that's just not me. I flaunted my jersey and cap in Seattle during a 28-0 opening day loss. When jeered (often) I simply pointed to my Superbowl Champ hat and asked where was theirs. Of course then I'd pull up my Wistrom jersey to reveal my LA Rams shirt and retort "minus 10 total yards ring a bell?". After all the haranguing from the shecock front runners, I still walked out thinking that if our offense could have done anything, we could have won. I still believe that BTW.

For what it's worth - Bradford is a pretty damn good QB and can lead this team. I watch him miss passes like any other top notch QB - so? I think he's maybe the least of our problems right now.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

RAMSist and RODist.. always have and always will be. <Me

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

BatteringRambo said:
RAMSist and RODist.. always have and always will be. <Me

Works for ME. Cool post.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

I chose answer A on accident, I'm actually more of a B person. Though I admit that I have been more of an A-B hybrid this season

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

C

When your commitment to the Rams exceeds Total Loyalty for 40+ years ... your reputation has long since been shot.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

fearsomefour said:
B I suppose.

I am optimistic week to week. But, I dont see any point in being dishonest about where the team is. Cracks me up when people complain about negativity when the team is playing badly....sometimes it is just being honest.
I picked a 7-9 record for this team based mostly on its youth. I look at the schedule and I could see them hitting that number or I could see them winning only 2 more games. Either way I think the long term prognosis for this team (next couple of years) is very, very bright and I look forward to it.
Their is a difference in talking about team performance and negativity. You can have a great conversation about what went wrong in a game without tearing down a player on a fan forum without biasedly calling for a player/coach's head and without posting a thread with the soul purpose of pissing people off cause you just that upset at the team.

Oh and I'm not saying you have done any of these lol

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I'm a B-C hybrid.

Think every year the team has a shot at the playoffs.

I'll defend the guys that have merit to, but if a guy isn't cutting it (Isaiah Pead, Cortland Finnegan, Jared Cook) I don't baby them. They need to make a case to stay or find a replacement.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Rabid Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
I choose option C, Im all in and intellect has nothing to do with it That's the value in being a fan and FWIW the term homer is offensive and was coined by. People who NEED to denegrate others to build their fragile egos.
It's only an insult if you choose to be offended.

Where did I say it was an insult, I said it was offensive IOW designed to be , most times when someone attempts to insult me I understand it primarily an attempt to elevate themselves by bringin a brotha down.

I reiterate ,it's a term coined by sporting elitists ,the Jim Rome types who view themselves as above the ordinary fan,the "homers".
I'm not insulted because they confirm my impression in that way.

BTW I GET the object of the poll and applaud the objective.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I should have made Example C a poll option. EVERYONE wants to be different........

This is part 1 of 2 polls that I'll be posting in order to get some clarity into the minds of fans.
And no, I'm not a psychologist. Just a curious dude with a theory.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

X said:
I should have made Example C a poll option. EVERYONE wants to be different........

This is part 1 of 2 polls that I'll be posting in order to get some clarity into the minds of fans.

Oh pleez Dr Freud , you know it's all about sex and a good cigar,which itself is a manifestation of confused oral impulses as our old friend Hilde Bruch would posit.

So when do we get the next Rorschach ?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

X said:

How's that working out for yuh? :whome?:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Thordaddy said:
So when do we get the next Rorschach ?

What do you see here?

rorscach.jpg

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Thordaddy said:
Rabid Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
I choose option C, Im all in and intellect has nothing to do with it That's the value in being a fan and FWIW the term homer is offensive and was coined by. People who NEED to denegrate others to build their fragile egos.
It's only an insult if you choose to be offended.

Where did I say it was an insult, I said it was offensive IOW designed to be , most times when someone attempts to insult me I understand it primarily an attempt to elevate themselves by bringin a brotha down.

I reiterate ,it's a term coined by sporting elitists ,the Jim Rome types who view themselves as above the ordinary fan,the "homers".
I'm not insulted because they confirm my impression in that way.

BTW I GET the object of the poll and applaud the objective.
Sorry Thor mis read your meaning.