Hey, look, it's one of those polls! Those are always awesome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A or B

• A

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • B

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
OYBsOQF.png

Example A Fan: Do you feel, as an individual who possesses much intellect, that your credibility or reputation will suffer if you go all-in on the Rams every week no matter what? Example: You know Bradford is meh, so why say otherwise? You're not going to say he's something he's not (good) just to be a fan ('homer').

OR.

Example B Fan: Do you feel, as an individual who possesses much intellect, that your credibility or reputation is fine no matter what anyone thinks, so you're just gonna get your homer on? Example: You know Bradford is more than he appears, but you're not going to say he's something he's not (bad) just to be a fan ('realist').

See what I did there? How I gave everyone much intellect? That was free. Take all you want. Now what I'd like to know is, do you see yourself as more of an Example A fan, or an Example B fan? Try hard to fit into one mold even if it *appears* to be impossible or the examples biased. But if you must rebel, go ahead and say Example C and explain why, if you would be so kind.

I've been trying to figure out how and why fans take different approaches to being a fan (and we all are fans) since forever. I'm curious to see how a poll like this would turn out. Could be cool. Or a colossal failure. Either way, voting (or commenting) is something to do to reward yourself for all the time you spent reading all the way down to the very last word of the very last sentence of this very first post in this very first thread.

And stuff.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: Hey, look, it's one of those polls! Those are always awe

B.

I don't feel the need to shit on a player. If I think someone else is a better option I'll state it if the topic says so, but I'm not going to go out of my way to try to convince everyone that I think someone sucks. So with that logic I don't see why I should care about my reputation for going all in on the Rams every week. I believe they can win any game, and I want them to win every game. If they lose then I'll be pissed for a day then get over it and look to winning next Sunday.

We can finish the season 0-16 or 19-0, and I'll spend the next season looking at the roster knowing that next year is going to kick ass. And if it doesn't, then there's always the year after.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

I choose B I am one who would rather be positive and let my homer flag fly. I realize this is a game not life there is however one thing both have in common sometimes your gonna hit bad patches and I believe its all how you choose how to accept and deal with it that effects your daily thoughts and moods. So I choose to stay positive.
That being said it doesn't mean I won't ask questions to find out we aren't doing better.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

B

I get angry, frustrated. I have doubts. But I choose not to toss my shit in the fan. That's how I maintain control.

Objectivity is for the people with actual control over how the Rams perform. That is said with all due respect for those who dig a lot deeper than me for answers.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil

B - I'm "all in" every week. It's just the way I've rolled since the mid 80s as a kid. This is my team, and I like cheering for them, good or bad.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

I choose option C, Im all in and intellect has nothing to do with it That's the value in being a fan and FWIW the term homer is offensive and was coined by. People who NEED to denegrate others to build their fragile egos.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Thordaddy said:
I choose option C, Im all in and intellect has nothing to do with it That's the value in being a fan and FWIW the term homer is offensive and was coined by. People who NEED to denegrate others to build their fragile egos.
It's only an insult if you choose to be offended.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

I am gonna have to break the trend and say C. I think I'm pretty smart, know my stuff and am a mix of B and A. I know theoretically things are meh and probably won't work, but every week come Sunday I'm absolutely loony and I expect a Rams upset even if I shouldn't and I don't wholly care who knows. I know somewhere people will probably think less of me for thinking it, but who gives a damn what they think?

I love my Rams and that's not gonna change from any knucklehead's opinion, and if they deride me for sticking with my team even though they're not winning they're probably a gloryhunting bandwagoner anyways(Don't quote me on that :lmao: )

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick

I like these replies. Me, I'm a total homer all the way. I never dig to try to find the reasons why this team is doing well or not doing well. Doesn't matter to me. I'm behind them 24/7 no matter what. That'll never change.

GO RAMS!!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I choose B but I'm probably more of an AB hybrid. I'm all-in leading up to game day until our team shows me otherwise. Then I get all Jekyll and Hyde with each momentum swing of the game. I don't like to call a game a win or loss until after the 2 minute warning even if we r up or down 3 scores. I get way too emotionally invested in our Rams and probably will punch my ticket one of these days watching them win or lose. I'm in it for the duration. You can cash that check!

Graphicker

Starter

I keeps it mad reals yo! One Hunna!

Lol.

Kidding aside I no longer wear my golden shades.
The team hasn't made the playoffs since I was 15..
At some point not only are your mentally drained
But you just get sick. Specially after promising start
after promising start, then the constant rebuilding.

Of course one will always root for there
Players and team.. But it just hurts deep and
you can always choose a different team, but
I rather duke it out another 70 years before that
happens.. At the end of the day emotions run high
and this place is awesome and we all want nothing but
the best for our team..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'd say Example C. I try to homer it up for as long as I can but I reach a point where I become unable to do that.

So basically B until they frustrate to the point of becoming a B-A hybrid or if it's really bad...A.

Graphicker

Starter

jrry32 said:
I'd say Example C. I try to homer it up for as long as I can but I reach a point where I become unable to do that.

So basically B until they frustrate to the point of becoming a B-A hybrid or if it's really bad...A.

Are you a Lycan Jrry?
hybrid?? Maybe a Prius my dude!??

Man the guys on FF care more about the
Washington pick than the rams winning now lol...

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

I voted B.

The beauty of watching any sport is the chance to suspend any intellect you might have, put those blinkers on and go all in on your team. You know it's kind of wrong but you do it anyway and why not? One day, your faith will be rewarded again brothers and it'll be all the more sweet for having put up with the bad times.

fearsomefour

Legend

B I suppose.

I am optimistic week to week. But, I dont see any point in being dishonest about where the team is. Cracks me up when people complain about negativity when the team is playing badly....sometimes it is just being honest.
I picked a 7-9 record for this team based mostly on its youth. I look at the schedule and I could see them hitting that number or I could see them winning only 2 more games. Either way I think the long term prognosis for this team (next couple of years) is very, very bright and I look forward to it.

iced

i try to give my realistic opinion of any football team - sure there's going to be a little leniency toward my team, but in fairness, i know my team better than others so it's easier to pin point strengths/weaknesses.

Sam is what he is - could you win a Superbowl with him? Probably, just like any other QB he's going to need an excellent team around him to do that.

Will he be talked about as a Top 5 QB within the next few years? I don't know, but right now I don't see it...but I also realize he's played essentially 2 and 1/2 seasons and still growing.

When I look at my fantasy match ups in football and I notice I have a #1 receiver going up against our defense (or if someone else does), I immediately go "Yep he'll have a huge day." People may not like it, but I knew Blackmon was gonna blow it up.... fit's the running trend of: 1) Big time receivers making first games back tend to do this, 2)We can't stop a #1 receiver.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

iced said:
i try to give my realistic opinion of any football team - sure there's going to be a little leniency toward my team, but in fairness, i know my team better than others so it's easier to pin point strengths/weaknesses.

Sam is what he is - could you win a Superbowl with him? Probably, just like any other QB he's going to need an excellent team around him to do that.

Will he be talked about as a Top 5 QB within the next few years? I don't know, but right now I don't see it...but I also realize he's played essentially 2 and 1/2 seasons and still growing.

When I look at my fantasy match ups in football and I notice I have a #1 receiver going up against our defense (or if someone else does), I immediately go "Yep he'll have a huge day." People may not like it, but I knew Blackmon was gonna blow it up.... fit's the running trend of: 1) Big time receivers making first games back tend to do this, 2)We can't stop a #1 receiver.

Eh...Blackmon benefited greatly from a blown coverage.

iced

jrry32 said:
iced said:

....so was fitzgerald...so was julio jones..... see a pattern here?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

iced said:
jrry32 said:
iced said:

....so was fitzgerald...so was julio jones..... see a pattern here?

Nah. While McLeod was out of position, both those guys beat the CB 1 on 1. Blackmon just wasn't covered. But...I guess it wasn't that hard to expect some sort of breakdown. I see your point.