Henderson takes Tavon's missing role in offense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Henderson clearly looks a cut above his competition in the highlights but a lot of shoddy tackling.

he was up against a lot of scrubs. that doesn't mean he can't play but probably makes him look better than he is. as long as mcvay can put him in space he will flourish with the rams.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
he was up against a lot of scrubs. that doesn't mean he can't play but probably makes him look better than he is. as long as mcvay can put him in space he will flourish with the rams.

I hope he can make at least half as many NFL defenders look as dumb ass he made those guys look in the video. If he can keep stiff arming and bouncing off of people like that, we'll be in good shape.

And for all the talk of his round cuts, he seemed to be rounding them away from people and out of their reach. Might be a skill rather than a flaw.

Where's my software development crowd at. It's a feature, not a bug right?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And for all the talk of his round cuts, he seemed to be rounding them away from people and out of their reach. Might be a skill rather than a flaw.

i don't see it as a flaw at all. he's not a wr running a route where the cb can undercut him. he's a rb in space with a db in front of him. many runners use a swerve instead of a cut. swerving with speed is just as dangerous as cutting.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree but really 2 and 3 is really just labeling. Brown imo is Gurleys backup while Henderson is a change of pace. I’m thinking like the Bears use Cohen is what Henderson is.

Yes. My thoughts as well. I numbered them this way because of Gurley were injured Brown would start in his place and Henderson's role wouldn't change.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Tavon couldn’t even make up for Lance Dunbar. So Henderson is being brought in to play the role that McVay had envisioned that Dunbar would play on the team. McVay has already been quoted as saying that they tried to draft a a speedy running back last year, but each time someone would choose the player before them.

So this didn’t start with Gurley, has nothing to do with Tavon, but has everything to do with McVay’s plan all along In having a change of pace back. Thus why he signed Dunbar, but that failed, but didn’t change McVay’s plan. That is why he drafted Henderson.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

He's not likely going to do in the NFL what he did in college. But the idea is can he make enough plays? Obviously McVay thinks he can. They need someone who can provide enough to keep Gurley from wearing down late in the season. Now they have two guys in Henderson and Brown. I think they consider the backup job more important than before now.