Heavy formation for EVERY run...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Kendricks looks different at the catch point this year. He looks like a good reciever now. Higbee got in a few blocks, but kind of looked lost. I figured that did that to avoide Harkey and the 100% run-wham block.

Case throws floaters almost every throw....They could have scored 13 against the 49ers with this O that they had today.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
And we have Kendricks under contract through 2018...... (y)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I don't like telegraphing the passing plays with an offense that runs so many heavy formations, and I don't think you have to spread the field horizontally to crash what teams are doing if your tight ends can run decent routes and catch some passes. I love Harkey, I really do, but if Higbee can really catch on, that really changes the routes and predictability of the offense. With a run heavy offense, you really want versatile tight ends. Honestly, who's having a hard time predicting a pass when it's 3rd down and you switch to a three wide out formation?

And no two ways about it, I love seeing the sweeps and reverses to Tavon. I think a strong and accurate arm can really help, so long as the reads are there. Burning a team with a sweep can really help to set up a pass to a tight end or wide out, simple as that is without having to implement a Josh McDaniels offense that traditionally exploited Gronkowski all over the field. Once they start putting corners on your tight ends, you almost want their defense crowding the line.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just don't understand the stubbornness of Boras and Fisher. Heaven forbid we have 3 WRs out with a blocking TE and just run an inside zone. A formation like that forces the defense to back their safeties out of the box and makes the linebackers hesitate. It also gives Gurley enough room to find a hole or a cutback lane to gash the defense for over-pursuing. UGA ran a lot of those plays and Gurley thrived. Out of the same formation you could also throw a WR screen to Tavon or fake it and hand the ball off to Todd. I swear a freaking 4th grader could develop a better offensive scheme. It really isn't that difficult.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
He's been OK. But this year there is a significant difference in his pass catching. He is smoother and his hands are way better, the guy has made a big stride in terms of how good he is, and now he looks like the guy they paid him to be.

I think Lilly's impact as TE coach is partly to thank for that. Boras is wrapped in the OC duties, and meanwhile our TEs as a group have really progressed. Even to the point where the rookie Higbee might be able to add a little to the mix.

Fair enough, you sure you're not getting him confused with #89 from last year though? Lol.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
When the Seahawks knew the Rams were running with Gurley, they would show blitz and crowd the line.
What gets me is that why didn't Boras go with six offensive linemen on the play by adding Jamon Brown as an extra guard for extra push up front?

There were some runs by Gurley where he was dragging three Seahawks behind him once he slipped through the line of scrimmage.

Had Boras put in an extra Guard on run plays, Gurley could have easily bust a few runs for a TD.