Heartbreaking Rams Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The mnf loss against the bucs in 2000. Playoffs on the line, Rams torching the bucs d all game, the d played like bums all game. So with a couple of minutes left the Rams just need a 1st down to ice the game. Martz swallows as hard as he can and runs marshall up the gut 3 times in a row. After warner was shredding that d all game. He placed all his faith in that bum d. Of course we all know what happened next. The offense comes out with 30 seconds left to score a td. First snap warner hits one of the wrs between the numbers with space ahead. Dropped. Next snap, int. Game over. And supposedly the chance of the playoffs. They made it anyway but we didn't know that after the game. Depressing.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The claim was made that it was the Viqueens' turn. It was the last year that they used an alternating format. Each division took turns hosting the conference finals regardless of record. But as everyone knows, the Rams had to travel to Minnesota just two hears earlier. The crap storm that Rosenbloom threw ended this idiotic policy. Since that year, they have decided based pretty much on the current format.

I never knew That. :rant:Thanks a lot @RamFan503. Now I'm ticked off like it just happened to us. I'm seething, I tell you!:headexplosion:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't believe any of you didn't mention the 1989 NFC Championship game versus the 49ers.....That was probably the worst in that we missed going to the Super Bowl, and Niners did (and won it, damn them!)...It seemed that after that game, georgia started dismantling the team.
Next would be Super Bowl 36, and you know why.

Lastly, was the 1973 Divisional round. The previous game I watched the Rams kill the Browns in person at the Coliseum. My first game ever in person. The press was talking about how we were favored to win it all. We had a 12-2 record and had won the NFC West and the Dallas Cowboys only was 10-4...So how in the heck did the Cowboys get to play at home? Anyway, we were out one week after the regular season was over, dammit!:rant:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzFZSkFxJQ

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Losing to Carolina in the playoffs in 04.
Incredible game. I was exhausted at the end of it.
That loss stung.

I try to block out the Patriots superbowl. You know, with all the cheating and all.

Last edited:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
And then there was that Monday Night football game ('89?) against the Swine Whiners. We were up 17...:rant:TWICE!
And allowed that pencil neck Montana to hit John Taylor :rant:TWICE! On wussy slants inside their own ten yard line and take them to the house as our Matador secondary helplessly watched.

I was watching the game from a sports bar in Sacramento and pretty full of Ram pride until the meltdown.

That hurt.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@Ramer For me was 1978 NFC championship game.... Hollywood Henderson was the final kick to the groin

That game was the worst, AND I got into a fight with my Dad, who thought the game was over when the 4th quarter began. I told him it wasn't over in a screaming fit. Then I left to my girlfriend's house who was 30 minutes away. Never before had I not watched the end of a Ram playoff game.
I remember all the above games vividly and painfully but the one above sticks out because of my reaction. I threw my pot pipe at the screen (crt of course) cracking it and later having to explain my actions to my mom. Insult to Injury, I was good at that during my teens...

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Super Bowl XIV -- was 12 years old, living in Western PA, and attending a party with a house full of Steelers fans (I was the lone dissenter). The Rams were winning at halftime -- and I was running my mouth....excessively, in fact. A valuable life lesson was learned on that evening -- wait til the final gun before shooting one's mouth off.

Also the '89 NFC Championship Game, which featured the infamous Phantom Sack. "Everett back to pa....hey, where'd he go?!?"

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Jim Haslett's Saints did it a couple times in the GSOT era. Man, did I hate those guys.

The NFC wild card, and the year after where we blew a 24-6 lead against them by turning the ball over six times in the second half. What a nightmare that game was.

Those were some battles. Aaron Brooks, Joe Horn... they had Kyle Turley then too. There were more fights in the stands against Saints fans than any other team. They were incredibly obnoxious at the dome.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Losing to Carolina in the playoffs in 04.
Incredible game. I was exhausted at the end of it.
That loss stung.

I try to block out the Patriots superbowl. You know, with all the cheating and all.
Yea - that was the horrible coverage (or lack thereof) from Jason Sehorn. Steve Smith took a short pass to the house in OT. Sucked. That whole dome deflated in like 2 seconds!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
To me, it'll never be worse than that loss to NE in Super Bowl 36. Still pissed about it.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Super bowl 36 was devastating. The loss against Carolina had more ups and downs than any game I can remember. The Saints playoff game comes to mind as well.

But there was a fairly common theme in all those games....we were losing pretty much the entire time. In fact, in all three games, it was amazing that we were even in them - the Saints and Patriots took furious 4th quarter comebacks - the type that almost always come up short. The Panthers took a recovered onside kick. And as all of those were playoff games, they were all against pretty good teams.

I wasn't even alive yet, but for the reasons mentioned above, I would imagine the super bowl loss to the Steelers was the most devastating. Leading at half, in a game nobody gave you a chance to win...

The home loss to the Bears this year was probably the most painful game I've ever sat through. I watch every game with my dad though...he's been a fan like some on here since the 60s....and I'm telling you, all of those tough losses combined didn't produce even 1% of the emotion that the win over the 49ers in 1999 did....we watched in a bar, me just 13 years old but already a rabid Rams fan. We watched as Bruce torched the 49ers time after time after time....when Warner took a knee on the 49ers 1 yard line, up 42-20, the pure joy and elation on my dad's face....I will never forget it. I think a great question would be which win was more enjoyable, the super bowl or the 1999 beat down of the Niners. I'm sure most would say the super bowl, but that's how important that game was to long time fans....those who endured 17 straight losses.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Every loss is heartbreaking. Personally, I wouldn't call the SB36 loss as the most heartbreaking, because I was just pissed.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Super bowl 36 was devastating. The loss against Carolina had more ups and downs than any game I can remember. The Saints playoff game comes to mind as well.

But there was a fairly common theme in all those games....we were losing pretty much the entire time. In fact, in all three games, it was amazing that we were even in them - the Saints and Patriots took furious 4th quarter comebacks - the type that almost always come up short. The Panthers took a recovered onside kick. And as all of those were playoff games, they were all against pretty good teams.

I wasn't even alive yet, but for the reasons mentioned above, I would imagine the super bowl loss to the Steelers was the most devastating. Leading at half, in a game nobody gave you a chance to win...

The home loss to the Bears this year was probably the most painful game I've ever sat through. I watch every game with my dad though...he's been a fan like some on here since the 60s....and I'm telling you, all of those tough losses combined didn't produce even 1% of the emotion that the win over the 49ers in 1999 did....we watched in a bar, me just 13 years old but already a rabid Rams fan. We watched as Bruce torched the 49ers time after time after time....when Warner took a knee on the 49ers 1 yard line, up 42-20, the pure joy and elation on my dad's face....I will never forget it. I think a great question would be which win was more enjoyable, the super bowl or the 1999 beat down of the Niners. I'm sure most would say the super bowl, but that's how important that game was to long time fans....those who endured 17 straight losses.
Great post. That 1st 49r win felt like a Superbike win. It was an incredible feeling.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When,(In the 4th quarter) they lost SB XIV to the Steelers !!! I Lost a lot of money on that one!!

#3.jpg

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Loss to the Panthers when Martz set on the ball to kick the field goal . My throat is still a little sore from screaming at the TV .

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea - that was the horrible coverage (or lack thereof) from Jason Sehorn. Steve Smith took a short pass to the house in OT. Sucked. That whole dome deflated in like 2 seconds!

No talk of the awful interception thrown by Bulger in fg range the play before? Without one there isn't the other.