Heartbreaking Rams Loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know we generally like to keep the conversation focused on winning games... But tell us about a time the Rams kicked you in the nuts with a bad loss.

Of course SB-36 stands out.

So does the Jan-10-2004 playoff OT loss to Carolina.

I remember a Sept-13-1998 loss to Minnesota as pretty painful. The Rams driving for the win, but Tony Banks comes up short of the goal line as time expires. 38-31 Vikings.

Ouch.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1975 the Rams finally get home field advantage in a championship game and they are coming off a seven game winning streak which included defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday 10-3 and clobbering the St. Louis Cardinals by the score of 35-23 which was even worse then the score indicated.

The Rams play the Dallas Cowboys who should've lost at Minnesota, but threw the Hail Mary pass (invented in that game) and won on the miracle pass.

Chuck Knox makes a huge coaching gaffe and starts a rusty James Harris as opposed to going with the QB who had the hot hand in Ron Jaworski...Harris throws two picks early and the Cowboys go on to defeat the Rams 37-7 and Chuck Knox becomes Mary Schottenheimer before Marty Schottenheimer and sends this nine year old to bed crying his eyes out!

I do not remember crying again until "The Tackle" and that includes the birth of my two children and my wedding day so what does that say for me?

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
For me was 1978 NFC championship game.... Hollywood Henderson was the final kick to the groin

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Recently, the Ravens loss this season. It was awful. We were a much, much better team and decided to play down to the competition. Just an awful all around game. We had multiple chances to win and let a torn ACL Joe Flacco beat us.

In the history I've been a Rams fan, 2006 when we lost to Seattle. Torry Holt made that amazing catch and then we let them drive right down the field for a game winning field goal. I punched my first hole in the wall as a Rams fan.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Jim Haslett's Saints did it a couple times in the GSOT era. Man, did I hate those guys.

The NFC wild card, and the year after where we blew a 24-6 lead against them by turning the ball over six times in the second half. What a nightmare that game was.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
That great playoff comeback in 2000 against the Saints. We were down 31-7 midway through the 4th quarter and mounted a furious comeback.

Warner to Proehl 17 yards. 31-14. Nine minutes to go!

Warner to Faulk with 3 1/2 minutes remaining! 31-21.

Warner runs it in! 31-28. With 2 and a half minutes to go. Could it be?

Yes! Defense gets a stop with a minute remaining. New Orleans punts. We may go back to back Superbowls after all!!

:shocked: Ahhhh!! Az Hakim fumbles the punt!!!

Kurt was on fire. We all know he would have pulled off a miracle. Nooooo!!!:puke:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
!974 was a real killer for me. Our Rams and the Viqueens go into the conference championship with identical 10-4 records but the Rams beat the Viqueens during the regular season to take the head to head to secure home field advantage...... Or do they. In the ultimate demonstration of disrespect, the NFL inexplicably awards home field advantage to the Viqueens We go into the frozen tundra of Minnesota and lose in a defensive struggle on a shit field. The Rams were the better team and should have played at home but got screwed out of their first Superbowl by a dick move of the NFL. I'm still pissed.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
For me was 1978 NFC championship game.... Hollywood Henderson was the final kick to the groin
That game was the worst, AND I got into a fight with my Dad, who thought the game was over when the 4th quarter began. I told him it wasn't over in a screaming fit. Then I left to my girlfriend's house who was 30 minutes away. Never before had I not watched the end of a Ram playoff game.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
!974 was a real killer for me. Our Rams and the Viqueens go into the conference championship with identical 10-4 records but the Rams beat the Viqueens during the regular season to take the head to head to secure home field advantage...... Or do they. In the ultimate demonstration of disrespect, the NFL inexplicably awards home field advantage to the Viqueens We go into the frozen tundra of Minnesota and lose in a defensive struggle on a crap field. The Rams were the better team and should have played at home but got screwed out of their first Superbowl by a dick move of the NFL. I'm still pissed.

That was the game the Rams got screwed on a bad call down by the goal line too right? Call on Mack or something?

What was the justification for the home field anyway?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
That great playoff comeback in 2000 against the Saints. We were down 31-7 midway through the 4th quarter and mounted a furious comeback.

Warner to Proehl 17 yards. 31-14. Nine minutes to go!

Warner to Faulk with 3 1/2 minutes remaining! 31-21.

Warner runs it in! 31-28. With 2 and a half minutes to go. Could it be?

Yes! Defense gets a stop with a minute remaining. New Orleans punts. We may go back to back Superbowls after all!!

:shocked: Ahhhh!! Az Hakim fumbles the punt!!!

Kurt was on fire. We all know he would have pulled off a miracle. Nooooo!!!:puke:
Oh man that was brutal. High as a mountain peak with joy that the Rams were going to pull it off and then wham stepped right off the edge into freefall depression. That shit can't be good on our hearts health.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
That game was the worst, AND I got into a fight with my Dad, who thought the game was over when the 4th quarter began. I told him it wasn't over in a screaming fit. Then I left to my girlfriend's house who was 30 minutes away. Never before had I not watched the end of a Ram playoff game.

Gosh RamQuixote. You were really "tilting at windmills" with dad there. :whistle:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
!974 was a real killer for me. Our Rams and the Viqueens go into the conference championship with identical 10-4 records but the Rams beat the Viqueens during the regular season to take the head to head to secure home field advantage...... Or do they. In the ultimate demonstration of disrespect, the NFL inexplicably awards home field advantage to the Viqueens We go into the frozen tundra of Minnesota and lose in a defensive struggle on a crap field. The Rams were the better team and should have played at home but got screwed out of their first Superbowl by a dick move of the NFL. I'm still pissed.
Wasn't that the phantom call on Tom Mack for a false start?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The claim was made that it was the Viqueens' turn. It was the last year that they used an alternating format. Each division took turns hosting the conference finals regardless of record. But as everyone knows, the Rams had to travel to Minnesota just two hears earlier. The shit storm that Rosenbloom threw ended this idiotic policy. Since that year, they have decided based pretty much on the current format.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
That was the game the Rams got screwed on a bad call down by the goal line too right? Call on Mack or something?

Actually, home field advantage began in 1975.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wasn't that the phantom call on Tom Mack for a false start?
I think you and @Roman Snow are right. I remember there were a couple of really bad calls. The biggest one I remember though was the off sides called on Dryer when he sacked little Franny on 3rd down. Instead of kicking a FG, the Queens had it first and goal.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
All of those games are so bad......gut wrenching....
After each one, it felt like my nuts kicked me in the nuts.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sheesh, guys! I almost had a heart attack by the title thinking some other team had come to an "agreement in principle" to sign one of our CBs or something. I was freaking out!

Oh and we all know nothing hurts worse than the SB 36 loss (for obvious reasons). Was that the topic? My heart is still fluttering a bit...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Both 2006 shitchicken games.

2007 home game against the shitchickens.

2008 home game against the shitchickens.

2013 home game against the shitchickens.