Head Coach to lead the Rams for the next 10 years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I can be down with Fish if he can ease up the reins on his coordinators. I do think the draft and group of UDFA guys lends itself to thinking that will happen.

If we see some true offensive progression and the team gets over that .500 hump (I'm seeing 9 or 10 wins) extend the man.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I think continuity is the key. The whole idea that Fisher is a 7-9 coach is just lazy thinking. To blow up this team if we don't go 10-6 this year would be foolish.

I'm just glad Kroenke is the visionary that owns the team. Not all the knee-jerk shallow thinkers calling for his head.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
For the record you were the only one to bring up Fisher having a negative record. In fact most of the replies are affirmative for Fisher.

Nice technique calling people ignorant and insulting two cities.
Wow keeping on insulting people. This I hear is a great way to win discussions on the intrawebz. Also in case you were ignorant of the facts regarding fantasy football Head Coaches are rarely if ever a position you take for your fantasy football team.

I agree we should hold back from our knee jerk posting insults/reactions especially all being on the same team no matter what city they play for... I'm not 100% innocent of this and I once popped off on @flv over a Duke Williams post which made me feel like an ass later, so now I try to respect the "think before you post" comment we see every time we're about to post... I'm still not perfect at it because us Italians are known to think with emotions unlike a calm smart QB under pressure in the 4th quarter..... trying to be better lol..

Anyway we will all never agree on the exact same things/issues but cruel, deliberate, mean insults are not necessary and sometimes our perceptions of what the poster meant can be skewed or taken out of context, because we can't see the persons face, body language or hear their tone of voice etc.. Anyway I'm not trying to point out anyone or dr.Phil the board because i'm not a qualified... just saying we are all on the same Rams team here even if we agree to disagree on players/coaches/subjects.... or something like that.... peace

GO Rams!

makesmedrink_zps57d24c5f.jpg

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm all in with Fish for now and really hoping this team finally arrives for him.

If not, and if Stan lets Fish go at the end of that contract, what Stan will do is go after a known quantity who brings experience and some name recognition. In that event I think the guy who fits is Mike Shanahan.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I would have preferred to get a new head coach before the NFL draft, but seeing as how we're in a new location with a rookie QB, I'd stick with Fisher for another year regardless of how our record is this year (unless we're 5-11 or worse). However, this would be my candidate for the spot.

Chucky

gruden-775801dddd.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
3-urban-meyer-ohio-state_pg_600.jpg

Or Mike Tomlin.

Meyers brand of football wouldn't work in the NFL, unless he could keep 10 QBs on his roster and keep his roster stacked so it is the best in the NFL. His success is directly linked to his All Star recruiting and simple system where the QB runs the ball more than he throws it.

Tomlin's young and he's done a very good job in Pitt. Of course, it helps to have a franchise QB.

I don't like Tomlinson personality and many Steelers fans hate him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For the record you were the only one to bring up Fisher having a negative record. In fact most of the replies are affirmative for Fisher.

Nice technique calling people ignorant and insulting two cities.

Wow keeping on insulting people. This I hear is a great way to win discussions on the intrawebz. Also in case you were ignorant of the facts regarding fantasy football Head Coaches are rarely if ever a position you take for your fantasy football team.

Meh we'll see what happens but 8 years of Fisher is always possible. Most of us read the OP and got the impression that he was looking for alternatives if Fisher isn't retained but you decided to open both barrels and attack. I gave a couple options if we the Rams decide to go a different way. Fisher as you described is a great guy at building a roster and building up a team. His history does show that he struggles getting those talented teams to the next level. Personally I see him taking a front office job either with the Rams or possibly with his alma mater now that he's back around USC. He's relatively young at 58 but with 19 years coaching under his belt he may look for something different it's hard to tell.

Once Fisher had his team together with a good QB he had a very nice 8 year run. But, his owner was too meddlesome. He is in a better situation with Demoff and Snead. They can keep talent on the team.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is really it.
Tomlin, Billicheat....almost every coach with longevity in the NFL has had a very good and stable QB situation.....and front office.
In those two situations HOF QBs.

nanotech

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What always amuses me about the anti-JF threads - (yes OP, that was your intent), is the quoting of his overall record.

Like Houston, and then Tennessee, with Bud Adams, the latter day male equivalent of the baby door, was some kind of dream job.

If (the general) you cannot see what he's done in 4 short years - attitude, depth and talent wise, then you're simply ignorant about the NFL.

Ignorant being different than stupid - it can be fixed. Start paying attention.
Quit playing fantasy football, and get a clue.

And pray Fisher's still the coahc in 2020.
You make some mighty big assumptions about me and my intent. None of which are true, including playing fantasy football. I would have expected many responses would be to keep Fisher, with folks thoughtful reasons why it's the best thing for the team and club. Yet you chose to attack a poster without any knowledge of the poster or intent of the post.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Believe me, I am not trying to argue with you, but Belichick has been Patriots head coach since 2000. I am not saying it should be Belichick. Lord forbid. Too old. Too Assholious. But is there someone out there in your mind that could live up to that kind of consistency?
We mustn't forget. Bellicheat has had Tom Brady for many years now.
His record wouldn't be what it is without Brady.
I would like to see how good Billecheats record would be, with the likes of Feeley, Clemons, Hill, Davis, Foles.......

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I agree we should hold back from our knee jerk posting insults/reactions especially all being on the same team no matter what city they play for... I'm not 100% innocent of this and I once popped off on @flv over a Duke Williams post which made me feel like an ass later, so now I try to respect the "think before you post" comment we see every time we're about to post... I'm still not perfect at it because us Italians are known to think with emotions unlike a calm smart QB under pressure in the 4th quarter..... trying to be better lol..

Anyway we will all never agree on the exact same things/issues but cruel, deliberate, mean insults are not necessary and sometimes our perceptions of what the poster meant can be skewed or taken out of context, because we can't see the persons face, body language or hear their tone of voice etc.. Anyway I'm not trying to point out anyone or dr.Phil the board because i'm not a qualified... just saying we are all on the same Rams team here even if we agree to disagree on players/coaches/subjects.... or something like that.... peace

GO Rams!

makesmedrink_zps57d24c5f.jpg
Nailed it

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
You make some mighty big assumptions about me and my intent. None of which are true, including playing fantasy football. I would have expected many responses would be to keep Fisher, with folks thoughtful reasons why it's the best thing for the team and club. Yet you chose to attack a poster without any knowledge of the poster or intent of the post.

I didn't attack anyone. except Bud Adams, (and not Houston or Tennessee @ old school) Just curious. If you had your choice of current NFL or college coaches you think would be the best head coach to lead the Rams for the next many years, who would it be and why? - doesn't look like a ringing endorsement to me.
Yes, I assumed your intent was based on non support of Fisher in referencing the OP. Maybe I was wrong. I just have to wonder how many threads are started like that in New England or Pittsburgh.

But the remainder was directed at the general you. This just happened to be the post I chose to go on a rant in response to the hundreds of posts I've been reading about why Fisher sucks. I might have gone a little over the top.

OT - there is no one in the NFL or college I want coaching the Rams for the next many (let's say 5) years other than Fisher.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't attack anyone. except Bud Adams, (and not Houston or Tennessee @ old school) Just curious. If you had your choice of current NFL or college coaches you think would be the best head coach to lead the Rams for the next many years, who would it be and why? - doesn't look like a ringing endorsement to me.
Yes, I assumed your intent was based on non support of Fisher in referencing the OP. Maybe I was wrong. I just have to wonder how many threads are started like that in New England or Pittsburgh.

But the remainder was directed at the general you. This just happened to be the post I chose to go on a rant in response to the hundreds of posts I've been reading about why Fisher sucks. I might have gone a little over the top.

OT - there is no one in the NFL or college I want coaching the Rams for the next many (let's say 5) years other than Fisher.

RE the Pittsburgh and New England comment the answer is obvious. None, but then those coaches aren't in a lame duck year. If Fisher were signed beyond this year we wouldn't see these topics. With him unsigned for the future these topics are going to come up. It would happen no matter who the coach is and no matter which team.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What always amuses me about the anti-JF threads - (yes OP, that was your intent), is the quoting of his overall record.

Like Houston, and then Tennessee, with Bud Adams, the latter day male equivalent of the baby door, was some kind of dream job.

If (the general) you cannot see what he's done in 4 short years - attitude, depth and talent wise, then you're simply ignorant about the NFL.

Ignorant being different than stupid - it can be fixed. Start paying attention.
Quit playing fantasy football, and get a clue.

And pray Fisher's still the coahc in 2020.
A lil harsh....but all this....we got the talent, we got the QB...lets just sit back and see where this all goes...some of you guys woulda fired Chick Noll...Don Shula...definitely woulda fired Tom Landry or Chuck Knox....Trust me, Belichick was garbage in Cleveland....makes me think Schiano is probably pretty....oh well...

We'll know a lot more after this season....

I'm not 100% innocent of this and I once popped off on :shooting:@flv over a Duke Williams post which made me feel like an ass later, so now I try to respect the "think before you post" comment we see every time we're about to post... I'm still not perfect at it because us Italians are known to think with emotions unlike a calm smart QB under pressure in the 4th quarter..... trying to be better lol..
Where? where????:sneaky::hijack::popcorn: