Head Coach to lead the Rams for the next 10 years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nanotech

Rookie
Just curious. If you had your choice of current NFL or college coaches you think would be the best head coach to lead the Rams for the next many years, who would it be and why?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
7746094.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll throw out a couple of lesser known names if Fisher is gone after this year. Rich Dennison, OC of the Denver Bronco's. Has a pretty lengthy resume as a QB coach and OC. But the name that might be on top of my list has a lesser resume but is learning from a good mind is Harold Goodwin, OC Arizona Cardinals. He's been an OLine coach for years and OC in AZ when Arians took over.

Teryl Austin is a possible DC mind to take over.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Urban or Harbaugh come out of college yet.

nanotech

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll throw out a couple of lesser known names if Fisher is gone after this year. Rich Dennison, OC of the Denver Bronco's. Has a pretty lengthy resume as a QB coach and OC. But the name that might be on top of my list has a lesser resume but is learning from a good mind is Harold Goodwin, OC Arizona Cardinals. He's been an OLine coach for years and OC in AZ when Arians took over.

Teryl Austin is a possible DC mind to take over.
That's a thoughtful idea. I like it.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Fisher for continuity amongst so much else. He has been and continues to build a strong, core team. Yeah 7-9 runs old yet I see this team forming into shape (playoffs) this season and many more to follow.

nanotech

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Believe me, I am not trying to argue with you, but Belichick has been Patriots head coach since 2000. I am not saying it should be Belichick. Lord forbid. Too old. Too Assholious. But is there someone out there in your mind that could live up to that kind of consistency?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
What always amuses me about the anti-JF threads - (yes OP, that was your intent), is the quoting of his overall record.

Like Houston, and then Tennessee, with Bud Adams, the latter day male equivalent of the baby door, was some kind of dream job.

If (the general) you cannot see what he's done in 4 short years - attitude, depth and talent wise, then you're simply ignorant about the NFL.

Ignorant being different than stupid - it can be fixed. Start paying attention.
Quit playing fantasy football, and get a clue.

And pray Fisher's still the coahc in 2020.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What always amuses me about the anti-JF threads - (yes OP, that was your intent), is the quoting of his overall record.

For the record you were the only one to bring up Fisher having a negative record. In fact most of the replies are affirmative for Fisher.

Like Houston, and then Tennessee, with Bud Adams, the latter day male equivalent of the baby door, was some kind of dream job.

If (the general) you cannot see what he's done in 4 short years - attitude, depth and talent wise, then you're simply ignorant about the NFL.

Nice technique calling people ignorant and insulting two cities.

Ignorant being different than stupid - it can be fixed. Start paying attention.
Quit playing fantasy football, and get a clue.

Wow keeping on insulting people. This I hear is a great way to win discussions on the intrawebz. Also in case you were ignorant of the facts regarding fantasy football Head Coaches are rarely if ever a position you take for your fantasy football team.

And pray Fisher's still the coahc in 2020.

Meh we'll see what happens but 8 years of Fisher is always possible. Most of us read the OP and got the impression that he was looking for alternatives if Fisher isn't retained but you decided to open both barrels and attack. I gave a couple options if we the Rams decide to go a different way. Fisher as you described is a great guy at building a roster and building up a team. His history does show that he struggles getting those talented teams to the next level. Personally I see him taking a front office job either with the Rams or possibly with his alma mater now that he's back around USC. He's relatively young at 58 but with 19 years coaching under his belt he may look for something different it's hard to tell.