Havenstein the only OT to not give up a sack in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Didn't he do this his last year at Wisconsin as well? Why didn't anyone know he was then either? The guys a low profile superstar.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
To me it's pretty clear, that right now, he is the key to our whole line. After we get some guys back, he might not be, but, as I said in another thread, he will be a stud for years to come, and better than almost anyone gave him credit for.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Nah. He was a major reach. Rams should have looked elsewhere in round two.

Probably could have got an even better player using that first round pick instead.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I know he wasn't a Ram but older fans from stlouis and La will remember Dan Dierdorf dominating the line from the RT spot. Hall of fame, 3 time Nfl Olineman of the year. There is precedence

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know he wasn't a Ram but older fans from stlouis and La will remember Dan Dierdorf dominating the line from the RT spot. Hall of fame, 3 time Nfl Olineman of the year. There is precedence
The Rams have a hall of fame RT if he's anywhere near Jackie Slater we're golden.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barksdale (or his agent) really screwed up when they held out for more money. And Fisher/Snead/Boudreau nailed it with the Havenstein pick. Anyone know how Barks is doing this year?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The line was better than last year.
Hopefully these young men can stay healthy next year and form a tough, ass-kicking unit. Our run blocking needs to improve next year, so Gurley can punish defenses.
I'm very pleased with the way these guys played this year for the most part.
Most of us knew there would be some tough moments, but in the long run, it would pay off.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The pride of Lake Linganore!! Loved the pick... Still love that pick.

fancents86

Starter
Dude is a stud. Remember all the concern about his bench numbers at the combine? Functional strength is what matters and Rob is also a very intelligent player who works his butt off.

Pro Bowls are in this dude's future. Bank it!
I never understood why they include the bench press in the combine. How much you bench does not equate to how much you can move standing up with nothing supporting your back. I guess it's just tradition?

Irish

Starter
So wait, we only like PFF when they are saying good things about our players?

People dismiss every PFF article and report when our guys struggle. Funny how that works

Athos

Legend
I never understood why they include the bench press in the combine. How much you bench does not equate to how much you can move standing up with nothing supporting your back. I guess it's just tradition?

Always wished the combine was more game relevant.

Load up a sled with massive weight and see how far and fast linemen can move that sucker.

Put WRs in pads. Run no contact route drills.

Put a helmet on the QB and out a free rusher in his ass to scare him. Get under center. Etc.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

People dismiss every PFF article and report when our guys struggle. Funny how that works
I think the difference is, they are just pointing out straight facts. Their rating system is garbage. It makes sense, but I highly doubt JL55 is the 77th worst LB in the NFL. He wouldn't continue to start if that was the case. Any website could tell you he hasn't given up a sack. Or that Tru Johnson is #1 in QB rating against. It's not part of their flawed point system.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

This is a simple statistic not a rating formula they created to assign value to players. And no I don't like PFF.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
More likely, he's the exception to the rule. It's there for a reason...Guys just don't lift weights because it's cool....You don't want slow feet on a tackle just because....

Likely it is the exception but there were some low totals. My main point was its just as much about the proper technique sometimes as it is about pure strength.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I picked him in that big ass mock draft we did because the Bears needed a T when I was drafting for them. I was happy when the Rams took him.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Without even looking at what PFF says I love Havenstein, Brown and Cody Wichman as starters for the next 8+ years. Rob Havenstein lost so much belly fat before the combine he had to be weak in his long arms on bench. These three will be EATING YORK Plates of IRON ALL offseason. Love the guys head (Havenstein) more than what he has shown as he has struggled some too as expected . You don't find guys like these 3 with such LONG streaks of games played without missing a start and players that will continue to get better as they are lunch pail throwback types who will learn their respective spots as well as can be. Great people as well as players. Have very High expectations for the future. Havenstein has so much more to improve on. Love his second level play and hustle , but needs more weightroom as does Brown & Wichman as its still TRANSITION from college to Pro's.

We need competition for our Center spot even though I love Barnes' heart and effort most of the time. Lots of injury and line mixtures to adjust too this poor season. Say goodbye to Saffold as we should not pay that money for a backup .....But we know OL injuries WILL come and maybe a higher level backup might be worth having around IF his shoulders do check out fully finally.

This team has many players to resign and we need to upgrade two major leadership role players on "D". No easy task . Not to mention the QB and recieving holes that are as big as the Grand Canyon. Happy New Year Rams die hard fans.:grouphug:

A55VA6

Legend
No sacks given up, and sorry if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, I believe he hasn't been called for a penalty either. I may be wrong though. Either way, he's been fantastic this year. Good job by the Rams going and getting him whent hey did.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Havenstein has been so solid, and he reminds me of Jon Runyan. He is cleary, very intelligent; seems like he has heavy hands, and he loves to push guys around all game. He saved teh Arizona game with that fumble recover.

Next year: Jamon Brown and him should be solid and good pros, and Wichman or Saffold will be good...and then Greg Robinson becomes the player that all the focus shifts to if we want to have a very good line. Why can't Battle, who is 2nd round quality, start at left tackle? I hate saying that, but his skill level is very high--though he seems "unfocused".

Speaking of Saffold, you can't put him on the bench can you? Brown or Wichmann then become very good back ups!