Havenstein the only OT to not give up a sack in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/682220561297113088?s=09

I know some people were upset we drafted him when we did but he's turning into a hell of a player and that's one position we shouldn't need to worry about for years to come. And I don't compare him to GRob in the least. Havenstein came from a pro style offense was a four year starter and was groomed for the pro's. He was NFL ready at RT the day he was drafted. I'm saying this because I know the negative people will come in and harp on GRob because of Havensteins success. Both will IMO prove to be good tackles in the NFL and solidify our line.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Dude is an animal. Our line has pass protected extremely well this year. Least amount of sacks given up. When's the last time that happened?

It's no wonder I almost forget we even drafted him. The best linemens names are never heard.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I agree, too many people want to dismiss GRob as a bust in just year 2. I think he'll be fine. Hav was a great pick and you can't seem to go wrong with those Big 10 o-linemen

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GRob has been playing extremely better the last 3 games though so between him havenstein and brown we are looking good for the future of the line

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Rams are 7-5 in the games he plays in too. The guy is a solid right tackle and looks to be a great pick by Snead/Fisher.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Rams as a team have given up the fewest sacks in the NFL!

But - and I haven't looked - I'll bet we have also run the fewest plays and thrown the fewest passes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It is no coincidence that the offensive line fell apart when Havenstein missed time. IMO, Big Rob will be the linchpin to this offensive line going forward and he's only going to get stronger and better. Many pundits and publications felt that the Rams reached for Havenstein and some were even naive enough to communicate he had a bad senior bowl practice & game, where he actually showed that he handle could everybody that came at him.

Score one for the Fisher & Snead regime!
5615569c2d35e.image.jpg

Last edited:

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
PFF ranks him as #29 of 81 NFL Ts, equally proficient at both run and pass blocking. Not bad for the rookie!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dude is a stud. Remember all the concern about his bench numbers at the combine? Functional strength is what matters and Rob is also a very intelligent player who works his butt off.

Pro Bowls are in this dude's future. Bank it!

Athos

Legend
The Rams as a team have given up the fewest sacks in the NFL!

But - and I haven't looked - I'll bet we have also run the fewest plays and thrown the fewest passes.

100 fewer attempts than GB and 24 fewer sacks.

Bengals have only 43 more attempts and 11 more sacks.

Same for Carolina. But those teams come in at 26 and 27 in attempts. We're 31st.

Arizona tho has only 84 more attempts and 7 more sacks.

Baltimore is more impressive.

Almost 200 more attempts and only 5 more sacks given up.

Our yards/attempt is 31st tho which def factors in.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Proof that you dont have to bench 225 25 times or have to be super athletic at the combine. Really good and really solid rookie year, I dont think his ceiling is very high but that is ok, because he is already a good player.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
100 fewer attempts than GB and 24 fewer sacks.

Bengals have only 43 more attempts and 11 more sacks.

Same for Carolina. But those teams come in at 26 and 27 in attempts. We're 31st.

Arizona tho has only 84 more attempts and 7 more sacks.

Our yards/attempt is 31st tho which def factors in.

We currently have the 3rd lowest percent of sacks at 3.97% which is behind The Jets (3.57%) and Baltimore at 3.58%. Last year we were at 8.36%. Data from Team rankings (https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-pct)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude is a stud. Remember all the concern about his bench numbers at the combine? Functional strength is what matters

Proof that you dont have to bench 225 25 times or have to be super athletic at the combine.
More likely, he's the exception to the rule. It's there for a reason...Guys just don't lift weights because it's cool....You don't want slow feet on a tackle just because....

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/682220561297113088?s=09

I know some people were upset we drafted him when we did but he's turning into a hell of a player and that's one position we shouldn't need to worry about for years to come. And I don't compare him to GRob in the least. Havenstein came from a pro style offense was a four year starter and was groomed for the pro's. He was NFL ready at RT the day he was drafted. I'm saying this because I know the negative people will come in and harp on GRob because of Havensteins success. Both will IMO prove to be good tackles in the NFL and solidify our line.

Thats it those fuckers jinxed him. Like when the anouncer said RW hasnt thrown an int in 5 games. Boom int, I enjoyed that jinx though.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
How good is our recent draft looking already? Gurley, Havenstein and Brown all look like great picks. Wichman looks solid for the spot we got him and Hager looks like he has mad potential once developed. Jury out on Mannion. Only real bust is the Ifedi pick. But he didn't really have a chance. Shoulda taken Collins*cough*. Sasser doesn't count, because, you know why.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really pleased about Havenstein. I felt like our Oline did so well in Seattle this last Sunday..No sacks and No QB hits! Just goes to show you how average Michael Bennett is...:gtfo:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
All this after apparently looking bad in the pre-season and posting sub-par numbers at the combine. Yet another clear illustration that only judge a player based on when the games actually matter.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I wonder how much of that was because they were throwing against a fair number of prevent defenses while down big early in the season.

Either way, not too bad though I don't like how many free rushers came through on missed assignments and how many times there was a defender in the backfield on running plays. But considering their youth and the number of injuries, I like the future of this line.