Has Tre Mason played his last game for the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
hmmmmm......Lets see what he looks like in pre-season first, before we start scooping dirt on his grave.:hiding::bueller::huh::notsure::popcorn:

I was under the impression that we were late to this scooping party....Looks like Mason has been busy ahead of us LACHAMP46 scooping all that dirt on himself. We here may not need to get involved in any heavy lifting with all of Mason's own help:fuelfire:.:rolllaugh:

…..

Legend
If you're Ram Management you have got to be asking "Wait....what? ....He missed the court date?"

And naturally, if you cannot commit to your own well being, how the FUCK can we depend on you to commit to taking care of your brothers?

I'm sorry....I'm a War Eagle guy and all, but even I am not too blind to see the serious lack of judgment here. Now I am not advocating cutting the kid....I'm just saying the leash is very frail.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Looks like Mason has been busy

but even I am not too blind to see the serious lack of judgment here.
Okay....lets go with what we know..he was speeding....May have possessed drugs (weed?) and been under the influence of alcohol. He refused an order to to get out of his vehicle and was tased....not once but twice....I'm curious if he was actually resisting arrest or was that just the add on charge to make him look bad. Again, a guy in his situation, resisting, is in danger of getting shot to death by law enforcement. Which is why I typically think this is just added on....
The guy is more dangerous to himself than a guy that's beating up people...imo....And probably going through something...check that video of him rapping...I'd say he's a little depressed. Kinda like saying #YIKES, without really saying it...
Fisher has a bunch of these guys on the team, and seems to know what to do with them...So, I'm not really concerned about this becoming a distraction.
I really like Malcolm Brown...Benny Cunningham was a stud in college, and has carved himself a nice place on this team...Do we need 4 RB's???? If he can play special teams...maybe...Remember, I'm ready to cut Chase Reynolds too....And maybe Bradley Marquez....So, for Tre to make this squad, he needs to show the 2014 explosion. Otherwise, it's not his silly behavior, but talent that boots him off the squad.

And don't any of you guys act like you've never missed a court date, shown up late to court, or didn't pay a fine on time
...sheesh, bunch of boy scouts in here....

…..

Legend

And don't any of you guys act like you've never missed a court date, shown up late to court, or didn't pay a fine on time
...sheesh, bunch of boy scouts in here....

I have never refused an order from a law enforcement officer. Never been tased. I've never even been tased after being tased already, I assume the first tasing experience would have gotten my attention. Does that make me a boy scout too?

So you think the "add on" by the officers was because they wanted to make him look bad? Remember....at that moment they had no idea who he was because he didn't identify himself. I think traffic officers are not typically looking to tase people. I pretty sure they generally assume suspects will cooperate especially those who are pulled over for misdemeanor speeding violations. If I am a police officer and I read your comments, I am probably offended. Of course, that would make me a Boy Scout Officer I'm sure.

Having said all that......The lack of judgment I'm referring to is the court date. Not necessarily the infraction. Everyone gets into something stupid when they're young and dumb, I can accept the arrest. But given hindsight, and time to prepare, the money for adequate representation, with your career on the line, my expectation is that you get to the court and stop the damage. Remember, life isn't about what happens to you, its about how you handle it. That's the poor judgment that has me confused.

all jmo

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not know Tre personally. I can't speak of his aptitude, work ethic, or how he carries himself because I do not know the guy. I just know what I see in the games and read in the news. So, not only did he screw up in the traffic stop, but he did not get a lawyer, and did not show up at the time of litigation? He was given time off of OTA's to get this stuff handled and put behind him and it seems he hasn't done anything.

Coach Fisher is sending him a message. I hope Tre get's it. I wouldn't mind if we kept him and he turned into a serviceable back. He sure has a long road back it seems, but I am pulling for him. Stuff like this shouldn't be a career ender. We (sports fans) tend to forgive and forget.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
at that moment they had no idea who he was because he didn't identify himself.
okay....I guess he's not known around the area...I'm gonna also guess he didn't have lic. plates on his car.... I'll also jump way out of bounds here and assume when ANYONE refuses to exit their vehicle the next response by a peace officer, a guy that is hired to protect & serve is to summarily tase a guy for speeding...Speeding. I thought force was to be used only when there is a danger present...To the officer..or the public at large.
I'm not here to defend Tre's actions, only to point out, this guy isn't some hardened criminal that doesn't need to be dragged through the mud. Nor tased. That to me is how more serious stuff happens. Like, I thought I was reaching for my non-lethal device, but grabbed my gun...
Yeah, missing his court date was bad...Speeding was terrible. Under the influence while driving is his worst offense. Bad things can happen. But this seems to have been blown way out of proportion in the big picture...Dude isn't a bad guy....He works hard. And I'm sure he'll learn from it.
Personally, I'm a little tired of the overreaction of some, of a small minority of law enforcement, that go out of their way to escalate minor situations. When a lil calm, and a moderate tone may increase the chances of getting cooperation in these types of incidents.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
okay....I guess he's not known around the area...I'm gonna also guess he didn't have lic. plates on his car.... I'll also jump way out of bounds here and assume when ANYONE refuses to exit their vehicle the next response by a peace officer, a guy that is hired to protect & serve is to summarily tase a guy for speeding...Speeding. I thought force was to be used only when there is a danger present...To the officer..or the public at large.
I'm not here to defend Tre's actions, only to point out, this guy isn't some hardened criminal that doesn't need to be dragged through the mud. Nor tased. That to me is how more serious stuff happens. Like, I thought I was reaching for my non-lethal device, but grabbed my gun...
Yeah, missing his court date was bad...Speeding was terrible. Under the influence while driving is his worst offense. Bad things can happen. But this seems to have been blown way out of proportion in the big picture...Dude isn't a bad guy....He works hard. And I'm sure he'll learn from it.
Personally, I'm a little tired of the overreaction of some, of a small minority of law enforcement, that go out of their way to escalate minor situations. When a lil calm, and a moderate tone may increase the chances of getting cooperation in these types of incidents.

I have a ton of high respect for our wonderful members here who have differing option's of this Tre Mason situation. I would like to speak on this matter from my perspective if your will permit me. .....I have been a State of Florida Law Enforcement Officer since 1980. The state is & has been very active in the training of de-escalation & spends a ton of time stressing it in all matters & incidents. I know that some have differing opinions on this as I do too. Never the less all incidents are reviewed by supervisors & internal affairs officials monitored to see if the first line officers are following the de-escalation protocols.

No officer today wants to be tagged & listed as a overly aggressive or hot head in todays PC environment that have just about shut down proactive policing. The current state might be all reactive at this point.The use of cell phones to record all such encounters makes it more difficult to move to resolve situations quickly too.

What I have said is the truth. I am sure that this encounter with law enforcement by Tre Mason has been videoed or most of it & is available to be viewed by all officials who need to see it. Therefore IMO all charges files on Rams Tre Mason were highly solid charges & any weaker or questionable charges would be most likely deleted (not charged). This is done so it would remove all opportunities for his attorneys to make allegations that LEO's were piling on. Plus it also helps to makes the case that much stronger & clearer.

Yes I have been hit hundreds of times by a Taser. I have had hundreds of Federal & State court dates & never missed a one. Impaired citizens (by use of alcohol or drugs or both) continue to place & cause an enormous threat to the lives of all involved LEO's trying to make it home to their families for another day. From my decades of experience, impaired individual have a tendency to cause much more damage to others than themselves in incidents. As usual I am posting this from a far end of one position on this subject. I would certainly expect there to be differing options from the other side here on Tre Mason.

In conclusion here with Ram Tre Mason....I am of the belief that Tre Mason has been involved in many other negative incidents that we do not know of before the first negative citation of team rules last season. I feel its natural that all coaches give these very young rookies some serious big breaks verbal warnings as such before going into official writings & posting of taken disciplinary actions. I believe this is not a short term innocent misbehaving event by Tre Mason that he needs to take a time out in the corner on.

I can clearly see a steady declining of play & behavior over a period of time that I am sure have been addressed many times by this Ram Org. Should the Ram team continue to set it self up for more negative press hits from a player like Tre Mason who will not rain himself in to the normal expected behavior of a pro athlete? If Tre Mason wants to continue to be a NFL player then he needs to fulfill the requirements made a such a pro player does he not? Are we to hold these players to a lower or higher standard? Should not an NFL player be expected to hold himself to a high standard? I would consider it a great privileged to be an NFL player. Am I wrong in this? Mason does not fit well into the positive image that most teams want to show to the public or have we changed. I would suggest some heavy, not light handed discipline to be placed on Tre Mason if you want to see a turn around in his NFL career.....all of course is my non humble opinion.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I knew I liked you for a reason @BonifayRam

Just one report...even the part about trying to pull Tre from the car sounds fishy to me...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ckless-driving-marijuana-possession/#comments
Tre Mason was taken to a hospital after being hit twice with a stun gun by Hollywood (Fla.) police Saturday. The Rams’ running back was charged with resisting arrest, reckless driving, marijuana possession and failure to register a motor vehicle.

Police say they spotted Mason driving at more than twice the posted speed limit of 35 mph in the town north of Miami. While Mason refused to give his name or provide identification, an officer smelled marijuana in the player’s Porsche, and asked Mason to get out of the car.

“I warned the defendant if he did not identify himself he would be subject to arrest and he smirked as he was making eye contact,” Officer Lester Cochenour wrote in his report (via the Associated Press). According to that report, Mason then braced himself in the car, even as another officer attempted to help pull him out.

“The defendant was warned several times in a composed voice to stop resisting, exit the vehicle and if he did not comply with arrest, a Taser would be used,” Cochenour said in the report. The stun gun was employed after a third officer was still unable to force Mason out of the car.

Police hit Mason with a Taser in his torso, then after he was out of the vehicle, officers hit him again in the pelvic area when he refused to put his hands behind his back. According to officials, 12 grams of marijuana were found inside the Porsche.

“We are very disappointed to learn of an incident involving Tre Mason in the Miami, Fla. area Saturday afternoon,” the Rams said in a statement Sunday. “We are in the process of obtaining more information about the facts surrounding this incident and will have no further comment at this time.”

Mason, 22, just finished his second season with the Rams after being a third-round pick out of Auburn. He is the son of De La Soul member Vincent “Maseo” Mason.
I swear, Florida sounds wilder every year......

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I knew I liked you for a reason @BonifayRam

Just one report...even the part about trying to pull Tre from the car sounds fishy to me...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ckless-driving-marijuana-possession/#comments
I swear, Florida sounds wilder every year......

If you have the ability to watch any of the many LEO related shows on many different TV stations...you will see most of the shows are filmed in many of the Florida counties. The reason is Florida is a hot spot for some really acting out citizens. These nasty acting out people make good TV. The new jail shows just how much :poop: these public servants have to put up with it also shows the constant heavy use of many type of cameras being utilized. Its a full time assignment for many LEO's. Florida's tropical climate ;) might adds to the flood of people who travel down from colder areas who live on the very edges outside of the norm too. Its much closer than LA:).

If I am sitting in a smaller car & I want to remain there....I can place my feet on the floorboard & my arms & hands wrapped around the steering wheel & my old butt back against the seat .....well the amount of LEO's its going to take to remove me without using a dozen night sticks up against my old hard head :giveup: will cause them to empty out the nearest LEO station:D. I am sure on one thing that Mason is one very :lifting:strong compact dude to wrestle with. I would not want to do it:notsure:.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The new jail shows just how much :poop: these public servants have to put up with
I visited my 99 year-old grandma in 2013. She lived in Miami...Right down the street from the Orange Bowl. It reminded me of how close I lived to the Coliseum in LA. They look the same from a distance...I was shocked to learn there are 7 or 8 jail facilities in and around the area. Insane.