Has there ever been an off season like this?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I' m glad we don't have Shanahan. I'd be a basket case watching double digit leads disappear late in the 4rth quarters like the Falcons losing after being up 28-3 against the cheaters, the whiners blowing a 10 point lead in the SB against the Chefs and the whiners blowing a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter against the Rams. The 10 point blown lead was the biggest in NFCCG history. LOL

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We already paid our dues by missing out on Bill Walsh. We got McVay and kept Snead as a way of ironing out things down the road (per Football Gods Rams chapter of life).
My fire muppet was a HELL gif. Should have just put hell

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's never gonna get old... it's not terribly gracious, but it's still funny as hell...LOL
Yeah he and I had a good banter and I think enjoyed messing with each other. I'm too lazy to make an account over at TST to keep it up but hope my crazy old buddy is well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You know what I love about this team since McVay came aboard: they know who can play.

It sounds crazy to say that but how many times did we see them do dumb shit in personnel moves during so many losing seasons. A great example IMO was the Rams signing Ogletree. Anyone who watched Ogletree tackle dudes high and let them get away, or be in the wrong spot, or otherwise fail to fill hard vs the run was not happy with that signing.

McVay of course changed the equation of how we saw talent. Made us enormously better. Ogletree was moved shortly after his hire iirc.

Fast forward to Littleton, who like Ogletree had a lot of bad habits and was another chase backer who looked good in space and the Rams let his ass go to the Raiders who promptly regretted signing him.

Over and over again we see them make decisions that we know are good. It's fucking weird to a long term Rams fan, given the shit we have endured. I mean the last time they have let someone go who kicks ass elsewhere... I can't recall. I'm sure there's been a couple but it's likely that Von will be the first to do that. It's been an amazing run and it's not over yet.
I recall the lukewarm reception of them bringing Woods in also. Up to that point he was a league average receiver.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I recall the lukewarm reception of them bringing Woods in also. Up to that point he was a league average receiver.
I didn’t watch him at USC, just knew he was a great college receiver. Started to take notice in FF because everyone needs depth at the position.

So when the Rams signed him I thought over paying to get a California guy. Watching his play and willingness to do it all quickly made him my favorite Ram. I root for players who show up, play hard, and lead by example.

His loss will be immediately felt by all. I hope that A Rob is 50% the player and man Woods is. If so the Rams got lucky!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
There have been many efforts to "get rich quick" in the NFL.

The Cowboys succeeded with the "stockpile picks" approach, but we haven't seen a repeat of this approach. It's difficult to hit on enough picks, even if you obtain several premium choices.

Other teams tried to use FA as a shortcut (its what Daniel Snyder is kno-- err... used to be known for). That too has not produced results.

Now the Rams have succeeded with the opposite of the Cowboys approach - eschew draft picks in favor of proven veterans. Again, its easier to mimic this approach than to succeed at it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Los Angeles Rams are Pioneers, the rest of the NFL are Historians.
and some oi us are historical pioneers...

eQsbGHq.gif

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The insanity continues. The player movement is still in high gear.

NFL historians….has there been this much high profile player movement any other time in the NFL? Just asking for a friend!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I scratch my head with picks like Atwell, but then I’m grateful when they move a guy who is all flash with no substance.
They make mistakes, but they don't let them define them. They admit them and move on from them. And as a very good manager I worked for told me, " the only people who don't make mistakes are the ones that don't do anything.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
No matter how you build your team, it's still coaching that succeeds. You hand this Rams team over to Fisher and you'd be lucky to see nine wins.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The insanity continues. The player movement is still in high gear.

NFL historians….has there been this much high profile player movement any other time in the NFL? Just asking for a friend!
"{Key up the music from NFL Films when discussing "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field."}

On the dry, brittle grass of Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, trades happened under the watchful eyes of Tommy Prothro and Carrol Rosenbloom....Oodles and oodles of trades across the dusty gridiron in March, of Nineteen seventy and two...... and @den-the-coach watched as his mother changed his diapers. And he remembers it until this day...."

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
On the dry, brittle grass of Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, trades happened under the watchful eyes of Tommy Prothro and Carrol Rosenbloom....Oodles and oodles of trades across the dusty gridiron in March, of Nineteen seventy and two...... and @den-the-coach watched as his mother changed his diapers. And he remembers it until this day...."
FWIW the swap of the Los Angeles Rams & Baltimore Colts did not come final until June of 1972 where Carroll Rosenbloom formerly took over ownership, which is why he didn't make any changes that year. Also I was 5 in the sultry summer of 72 turning six in September of that year and I'm quite sure I was out of diapers, but who can remember?;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I said in another thread, I cant remember a decade that had this much trade activity much less a single off season