Harvin-Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
I hope the Rams are watching this Hawks game because they are laying the Blueprint of how to use Tavon.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I hope the Rams are watching this Hawks game because they are laying the Blueprint of how to use Tavon.
I couldn't agree more with ya! It's all about, how you employ Tavon Austin in the offense....

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I don't think anyone in the whole Schottenheimer coaching tree has ever had anyone as dynamic as Austin. I'll give the man this year, but if he shows no creativity we have to find someone new.

RamWoodie

Legend
Well just a sec...let's keep it real here. You need to be effective in other positions for Tavon to be effective too. This may be the first year the Rams have an effective enough threat to where Austin can be effective...and teams can't key on him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
^^^ What Woodie said.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Since Harvin is a Seahawk. I'm glad he'll suffer from migraines or other ailments by the time they play the Rams.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I think they are busy preparing for the Vikings.

BTW, see Chicago, Atlanta, Carolina, as well as Indy on how they use Tavon.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Playcalling is everything.

Well, so is execution.

And sometimes the opponent just makes the better play.

So yeah, can we finally move on from the weekly "blame the OC" schtick before it even starts?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
It looked like Green Bay helped out by selling out (the wrong way) on some of those plays making it look much better than it was.

But I don't think Harvin can stay healthy for the entire year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Tavon is better utilized as a deep threat. Harvin mostly just ran the end around and had WRs blocking him. The Rams tried those pitches and quick screens to Austin with limited success. Teams were ready for it. When Tavon got out on the edge is when he shined.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Getting Austin in space is key. He makes people miss and has blazing speed but he is not going to do much on short passes over the middle.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think Tavon is better utilized as a deep threat. Harvin mostly just ran the end around and had WRs blocking him. The Rams tried those pitches and quick screens to Austin with limited success. Teams were ready for it. When Tavon got out on the edge is when he shined.

I don't recall seeing one Jet Sweep last year. At least not the way Seattle did tonight and like Tavon did at West Virginia.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
I don't recall seeing one Jet Sweep last year. At least not the way Seattle did tonight and like Tavon did at West Virginia.

Yeah I think only once against Arizona when he got hurt.. or was that an end around?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Since Harvin is a Seahawk. I'm glad he'll suffer from migraines or other ailments by the time they play the Rams.

Hold on there, Hoss. As someone who suffers daily migraines, lemme just add that being glad someone...anyone other than the worst of the worst (do I need to go through the list? genocidal dictators, child abductors/rapists, etc) should get them is maybe...just maybe not the coolest thing.

Something to consider.

I had a 12 week migraine once. It's still hard to talk about all that happened during that ugly 3 month time span. But lemme just say that while I want the Rams to hold him to no yards and frustrate him to no end, I just can't join ya in hoping he'll have a migraine or being glad if he has one. It's ugly stuff. If you've never had one, God Bless. If you have, you know you never want to wish that on another person.

Something to consider. Not trying to chide anyone, just adding some perspective.

Go Rams!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Percy H. 5'10, 190
Tavon A. 5'8, 178

Measurements are off. But so what? Harvin wasn't running people over. The Seahawks were getting him to the edge and letting him use his speed to get up-field. They used the misdirection well and kept Green Bay on their heels with the threat of it all night long. It opened up running lanes and when they did finally use the jet sweeps, Green Bay always seemed to not be expecting it.

Still, though, I agree with Elm. Bring Austin out there and give him a deep shot or two to back them off. Then you can hit them with the shorter stuff. Although, if they want to use the jet sweeps(and fakes). I'm certainly not against it. It'll give the Vikings something to think about and make them pay if they aren't disciplined.