Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
First off I have never watched Hard Knocks until now. I can now say that I understand why it's getting historically low ratings.

1. Regarding content, it's okay but after a while becomes BORING!! I mean like two episodes is all it really needs. It's all about the personalities not about the team. Why do I care that Goff golfs in his back yard? Looking at his girlfriend was the best part of that segment. The same can be said of Sean's home life.

2. This year with two teams I can see why they decided to include the Rams. Hard Knock's super-low ratings simply prove how small the of a following the Chargers have in LA. I'm convinced they added the Rams trying to boost the ratings above rock bottom. The super-low ratings should be convincing proof that the Chargers have no chance to succeed in LA. The NFL should put the Chargers out of their misery by forcing the sale of the franchise. They can simply demand that Spanos pay what they owe to the NFL, Kronke, and other creditors (like me), which they won't be able to do. Watching the Chargers at SoFi Stadium only amplifies how embarrassing it's going to be for them to play in that stadium. The team has had zero home field advantage playing before a crowd where no more than 10% were Charger fans in a tiny 27K seat stadium. That is not likely to change other than the percentage of Charger fans is likely to shrink. The Chargers must have a winning season with playoff appearances to have any chance of increasing fan interest in 2021.

3. It was even less attractive since the majority of the focus was on the Chargers with the Rams coverage not even close to parity. I for one won't be watching any more as I found it not particularly interesting. I know it may sound funny coming from a former San Diego Charger fan, but I've seen their circus up close and personally for years and it was nothing new to me. As a former vendor of the franchise in San Diego I had access to their facility and met several of their players personally. I'm one of several San Diego vendors who joined in a common lawsuit to get money owed us when Spanos fled San Diego. I'm just a minor plaintiff being owed $25K. It's why I know the franchise is already technically bankrupt only being propped up by the NFL. Think of the NFL as a sports cartel who have done everything they can to suppress our law-suit.

4. I have no interest in the private lives of NFL players who by enlarge I've found no different than any other group of wealthy people living in a dream world. Hard Knocks is missed named. It should be the Rich and Famous of the NFL because that's all it's about.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I agree this season has been boring.

The best season is still the first season with the Super Bowl Champion Ravens. It’s gritty, and very entertaining with guys like The Goose, Shannon Sharpe, and Rey Lewis. The whole first season is on YouTube with some profanity edits.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I thought it was pretty boring except for the bits about the Rams scrimmage and practices. That's really all I was interested in tbh.

dang

Legend
Too much Chargers. I think it does show that both McVay and Lynn are good dudes/coaches but McVay runs a tighter ship. I will say that I’m becoming less of a fan of Les Snead.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Episode 3, I just had to change channels midway thru, I sure hope this isn’t a glimpse of what we’re going to get rammed down our throats come the regular season

I’ll leave it at that

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Episode 3, I just had to change channels midway thru, I sure hope this isn’t a glimpse of what we’re going to get rammed down our throats come the regular season

I’ll leave it at that

I did exactly the same.

So uninspiring. Even fast forwarding through all the Charger stuff. It was awful.

The interjection of politics goes against exactly why I tune into sports, get away from life's bullshit.

Way, way too much. I am genuinely unenthused this year. And I can not believe I would ever feel this way. I love the Rams!!!

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I love the show. Love seeing the inside glimpse. But this season sucks. Feels more like Hard Knocks-Chargers...with showing of the Rams.

I'm not interested in players opinions on social change. I'm interested in football.

Usually, you get the personalities and the competition. We dont get shit but the Chargers players and no competition with small highlights of the rams here and there.

…..

Legend
Wow..what a terrible endorsrment of a Rams show by Rans fans.

turning off the show midway through? Goodness it must be pretty bad.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I did exactly the same.

So uninspiring. Even fast forwarding through all the Charger stuff. It was awful.

The interjection of politics goes against exactly why I tune into sports, get away from life's bullshit.

Way, way too much. I am genuinely unenthused this year. And I can not believe I would ever feel this way. I love the Rams!!!
I love the show. Love seeing the inside glimpse. But this season sucks. Feels more like Hard Knocks-Chargers...with showing of the Rams.

I'm not interested in players opinions on social change. I'm interested in football.

Usually, you get the personalities and the competition. We dont get shit but the Chargers players and no competition with small highlights of the rams here and there.

I suspect this season (hard knocks and football) will display plenty of social activism. I am privileged to get away from life by other means but as the players have said in the Hard Knocks / interviews a lot of them can’t just be football players. They are very much so impacted by other things going on in the world. I think the whole point of social change is that it’s supposed to be all encompassing through literature, music, art, film, sports, etc. The players certainly have a large platform and will continue to use that. Of course if everybody stopped watching football, then they’ll be out of jobs. We do live in a free capitalist country.

Good thing for you and many others who probably feel the same, is that you can push that button on the remote.

This is just my take on why it is what it is. Not trying to be political.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This was the worst one yet. The Rams portions were reserved mostly to the staff and players making their way through the post-shooting stuff. It was pretty rough man, I had as heavy a heart after watching the episode as I did that morning and the next perusing daily news.

Jefferson got some well-deserved press which was cool. (y)

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Too much Chargers. I think it does show that both McVay and Lynn are good dudes/coaches but McVay runs a tighter ship. I will say that I’m becoming less of a fan of Les Snead.

Could you explain your thoughts on Les Snead? Just wondering is all

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Seems like every episode gets worse. Almost no good Rams footage at all.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I’d say the Rams had maybe 15 minutes of footage total, the rest was the Chargers. I don’t get that. I’m cool with the social commentary because they’re living it, and it does affect them, especially being that the majority of players are black. It’s interesting to hear their perspective and hopefully they can use their platform as a way of uniting people. I don’t think anyone wants us divided as a county. Again, not to get political, but empathy is key here.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The show sucks yes. But honestly I've been deprived of my Rams for the last 8 months so I'm gonna watch it lol. I'll take what I can get

Liberator

Pro Bowler

they turned it off because there's a bit where mcvay watches the video of the police murdering a guy in Wisconsin. People are just too politically correct these days can't handle people with opposing views. It upsets them too much.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Have you watched it? It wasn't a Rams show, it was a Chargers show with the Rams added in as a come on. Without the Rams, it's clear from their ratings that the Chargers have zero following.

The NFL obviously is trying to raise interest in a loser franchise. They have a lot of talent on the team. Enough so that each year that they underachieve is an indictment of the FO. They are only interested in saving money which is what you get when the owner lives on the team revenue with the entire family employed by the franchise. It's exactly the same with privately held and run businesses.

Lynn is a good man but IMO not really the kind of coach you want as a HC. Lynn tries too hard to be a friend to his players. But like any business, the manager can't make good decisions when they are difficult and when all the employees are his friend. There are a lot of players that have been starters when there is no way they should be.

Case in point Dan Feeny and Sam Tevi are absolute scrubs (even PFF thinks they're scrubs) but they are o-line starters because they are Lynn's buddies. Gee, why didn't Hard Knocks show that? LOL Neither one would make a team in the NFL much less be a starter and the FO says nothing for years? Don't like Snead? Just take a hard look at Tom Telesco the Chargers GM. That guy is the GM version of a scrub. It didn't surprise me he lobbied to get his face on the program.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Compared to other seasons, this one is really slow and never really gets going on any one topic. I guess it's hard to do so when you have to split screen time between two teams but I don't really feel I've gotten much of a glimpse into the offseason for either team - which is why I watch the show in the first place. For me, it has nothing to do with the show enabling the players and staff to use the platform to try and drive social change. Set that aside and it really is just a mash up of footage that has no real substance.

Edit: To be clear, I'm completely on board with them using the show for the social issues. Just show me more football!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The "I don't mean to be political but...." posts in here, please refrain entirely. Thanks.