Hard Knocks Episode 3. Tuesday, 10pm eastern

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
I really enjoyed last evenings episode. Great 25 minutes of all Rams!

(I fast forward though the Chargers shit)

Me too. And agreed, all this SD stuff is a bit annoying. What a stadium.

GO EAMS !

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams might get by with Blythe again @ starting center this season but I would not look for much improvement from what we saw last season. Rams still have had a big problem ongoing @ center since midway through the 2018 season & IMO not made any successful upgrades. Thus far in TC all we have seen is "Fail Mode" in the interior of the OL. :cautious:
Might just be the clips they chose, it's tough to make any sort of judgment based on that but yeah it looked a lot like last season which is fucking depressing.

Also and again the difference between the Rams and Chargers practices are night and day. McVay runs a tight ship man and that has to be an advantage for us this season in particular.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Might just be the clips they chose, it's tough to make any sort of judgment based on that but yeah it looked a lot like last season which is fucking depressing.

Blythe has been getting dominated physically since he's been here, he's not a good player. We are going to be lining up Noteboom, Blythe, Corbett in the center of our line and people are surprised that the line is struggling again in camp?? People here use the excuse of "oh its just AD," like the rest of the NFL doesn't have pro bowl level d lineman. And now that SJD is getting consistent pressure wonder what the excuse will be.

Dont know why some give McVay, Snead, and Kromer a pass for not addressing the single biggest need on this team after last year. We had a talent problem last year not an injury problem. Heading into this season with the same OL talent is the most baffling thing I've seen from this franchise in years. Just hoping for the best at this point and praying Goff stays healthy.

Last edited:

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blythe has been getting dominated physically since he's been here, he's not a good player. We are going to be lining up Noteboom, Blythe, Corbett in the center of our line and people are surprised that the line is struggling again in camp?? People here use the excuse of "oh its just AD," like the rest of the NFL doesn't have pro bowl level d lineman. And now that SJD is getting consistent pressure wonder what the excuse will be.

Dont know why some give McVay, Snead, and Kromer a pass for not addressing the single biggest need on this team after last year. We had a talent problem last year not an injury problem. Heading into this season with the same OL talent is the most baffling thing I've seen from this franchise in years. Just hoping for the best at this point and praying Goff stays healthy.
I think majority of us were shocked when we didn’t address the OL in the draft/off season. Just trying to move on now that we are just a few weeks from the start of the season and we are rolling with who we are rolling with whether I like it or not.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Surprised we didn't see the Ramsey Akers collision we heard a bunch about....
We did see him get stripped by AD though!

Yeah definitely a Charger episode. Guess they did that to compensate for the Rams in SoFi with Unis. I know a lot of folks have been saying "We'll wait till we see the uni's in action" Well, honestly I thought the Royals looked a little light and kinda washed out. Maybe it's the gradients? Or my TV. It's a little frustrating to me because there is a version I know I will like of both the royal and bone. Both of those with yellow pants to me is a no brainer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I suspect last year they just chalked it up to AD which is almost understandable. AD is a freak man. But yeah you don't want to find out in game 1 vs Dallas that our OL is the same unit it was early in 2019. Hopefully that won't be the case.

McCoy being lost for the season will help our OL in that first game. But Dallas does have some talent on that DL so if our OL is struggling we'll know it right out the gate.

dang

Legend
Me too. And agreed, all this SD stuff is a bit annoying. What a stadium.

GO EAMS !
Some people will be going to games at SoFi just to experience the stadium. It’s a destination attraction.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure it's all of the coaches. He had it in his mouth when they were live. Maybe he told them it'll be his liability if he chokes on that thing. It sounds like he was playing with it in college.

I don't think we have to worry about the Toothpick Kid making the roster. He doesn't seem to understand how to take coaching, and that is a quick way out of the league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think we have to worry about the Toothpick Kid making the roster. He doesn't seem to understand how to take coaching, and that is a quick way out of the league.
Glad you mentioned that TK. About him not taking coaching. Because while watching the vid that was the same thing in my mind.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

Yeah definitely a Charger episode. Guess they did that to compensate for the Rams in SoFi with Unis. I know a lot of folks have been saying "We'll wait till we see the uni's in action" Well, honestly I thought the Royals looked a little light and kinda washed out. Maybe it's the gradients? Or my TV. It's a little frustrating to me because there is a version I know I will like of both the royal and bone. Both of those with yellow pants to me is a no brainer.
You've been pushing for those yellow pants lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Honestly the gradient is kind of growing on me. It looks almost video-gamish but they made the numbers big enough to really pop. Surprises me that I'm starting to like them.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I worry the most about Blythe against power rushers.

Saw a one on one drill on one those training camo live spots.

SJD just pushed Blythe right back into the QB.

So either SJD will dominate this yr, or Blythe will still be a big liability against quality power rushers at NT.
SJD has transformed his body this year, looks like most of the DL has. He flashed a few times toward the end of the year. I’m not his baggiest fan, but I think we’ll really need him to be consistent this year. Farr Says he’s as strong as an ox.

I’m disappointed in the last couple shows, seems like they are using footage from episode one. Don’t they get enough new footage? I want to see more players, playing their nuts off, know what I mean?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, this two team crap is nonsense.

Gonna be sad for 8 games a year to have the Chargers playing away games in the greatest stadium in the country.

Anyone know a Jets or Giants fan... does it get any better over time?

It’s probably not exactly the same feeling there, but yeah... the Chargers feel like a puppy following us around.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just watched the episode last night. I thought it was a big ol heapin glass of BOOOORINGGGGG.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Just watched the episode last night. I thought it was a big ol heapin glass of BOOOORINGGGGG.
Yeah, I was hoping they would show more plays that are posted on twitter by the reporters. Maybe McVay doesn't want to show anyone shit lol.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think majority of us were shocked when we didn’t address the OL in the draft/off season. Just trying to move on now that we are just a few weeks from the start of the season and we are rolling with who we are rolling with whether I like it or not.
I certainly was.
But, no high draft pick and not enough cap room to make an impactful signing.
Blythe had a good run at RG for most of that first year.
He’s probably a little undersized. If you’re undersized you better have perfect technique because you are burnt toast if you give up leverage, which he’s does at times.
The biggest surprise to me is not having Edwards at RG. I thought he mostly played well last year.
The Noteboom thing is a wait and see.
I’m glad he’s back and healthy but I can’t imagine he has improved doing rehab.
If the OL has similar problems to last year Kromer has to go.
Lining up week one with this interior line (have hopes for Corbett) and likely Malcolm Brown starting at running back smells like 50 passes to me.
And that smells like a loss.
But we shall see.

fearsomefour

Legend
SJD has transformed his body this year, looks like most of the DL has. He flashed a few times toward the end of the year. I’m not his baggiest fan, but I think we’ll really need him to be consistent this year. Farr Says he’s as strong as an ox.

I’m disappointed in the last couple shows, seems like they are using footage from episode one. Don’t they get enough new footage? I want to see more players, playing their nuts off, know what I mean?
SJD was good most of the year and made plenty of plays.
Throwing money down what appears to Pit Robinson will probably prove to be a mistake.
SJD was the second best DL last year.
Looking for him to improve and a better year from Brockers.
Rams are damn lucky they managed to get Brockers back in the fold.

I’d prefer Hard Knocks was just Xs and Os.
Snowing guy taking their covid test again or Harris Jr hanging at the beach with his family.....don’t give an F. That’s just all filler.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Based on what we saw from those three last year, I'd say no surprise. Maybe another season of poor Oline play will get them to believe that it isn't easy to get a quality line with middle round picks and other teams cast offs.
Snead has gambled big on the development of his mid round OL draft selections, Kromer/Dickerson & UDFA OL'ers to provide a solid effective 2020 OL for McVay & O'Connell. There are very little indications thus far that he will turn the page on the 2019 OL performance which was considered one of the worse OL's in the NFL in 2019.

Fact is good starting OL'ers take so much time to develop with most finally arriving up to par as an average starter past their initial 4 yr contract meaning that nothing positive was gained in utilizing valuable draft selection on OL'ers to improve your team who will depart & play elsewhere for a big paycheck.

His trade for Ramsey has now locked him to utilizing a major amount of what salary cap funds will be available for UFA's for the next 4 or 5 yrs. Fans will also demand Kupp be signed too. Leaving salary cap crumbs to sign a functional starting OL'er who can actually pass & run block on a regular basis. Snead has painted himself into a corner with no way out.

Snead needs to self re-evaluate where he will invest major chunks of his teams salary cap funds. As of this day Snead is also dealing with over $33 million of dead cap funds which he utilized in a RB, a WR & a LB'er who were released. Not very good investments of salary cap $$$.

Last edited: