Hard knock teaser / Joyner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Well, I guess I'm in the minority. Thought he played well last year as the nickel and I thought he came back nicely against Denver. Don't recall his play in MN, but something apparently has the kid shook. I think he can be a great player and I hope they get him straightened out.

He got ejected from the KC game and became another poster child for 7-9 bullshit. Just like Tavon did when he skipped lunch and Britt did when he rolled his ATV on campus with his buddy Quick. I think Fisher is making a point and Joyner may not be to happy about it, but hopefully he accepts it and gets back to playing good football.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We don't know the guy or what is going on in his life. (you know, that thing people do when they are not playing football)

Sometimes it seems like everyone has become so comfortable being armchair scouts that nobody even hesitates before judging these guys personally.
The armchair GMs are now vocational psychology majors too.

We dont know what the whole story is and after the full scene airs in the next episode....... we still won't.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
We don't know the guy or what is going on in his life. (you know, that thing people do when they are not playing football)

Sometimes it seems like everyone has become so comfortable being armchair scouts that nobody even hesitates before judging these guys personally.
The armchair GMs are now vocational psychology majors too.

We dont know what the whole story is and after the full scene airs in the next episode....... we still won't.

I can totally empathize. I am a psych major so I know factors unseen can lead to behavior.....BUT at the same time when I clock in for work I check my emotions at the door! He should do the same. This is his job and his job is to compete and (was asked from the coaches) to be a leader. He is failing.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can totally empathize. I am a psych major so I know factors unseen can lead to behavior.....BUT at the same time when I clock in for work I check my emotions at the door! He should do the same. This is his job and his job is to compete and (was asked from the coaches) to be a leader. He is failing.

A player failing on the field is something that I have no issue discussing.

I've always understood that while at work I had to leave my emotions at the door, but there was a time that I couldn't. I certainly tried to, but I wasn't able.
This continued for a couple of weeks until I thought I should quit. It wasn't a matter of heart or dedication.
I knew I wasn't performing and that was embarrassing and I knew wasn't able to do what I was being paid to do.
Luckily my boss understood what I was experiencing privately, and being a decent human being and not holding onto some hardline draconian ideology, he refused my offer, asked me to hold it together and told me it would pass.
It did get better, life went on and I was quickly back in my groove at work again. Not leaving was the best thing for both parties.

This is just another one of those things where we don't know what is what.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
A player failing on the field is something that I have no issue discussing.

I've always understood that while at work I had to leave my emotions at the door, but there was a time that I couldn't. I certainly tried to, but I wasn't able.
This continued for a couple of weeks until I thought I should quit. It wasn't a matter of heart or dedication.
I knew I wasn't performing and that was embarrassing and I knew wasn't able to do what I was being paid to do.
Luckily my boss understood what I was experiencing privately, and being a decent human being and not holding onto some hardline draconian ideology, he refused my offer, asked me to hold it together and told me it would pass.
It did get better, life went on and I was quickly back in my groove at work again. Not leaving was the best thing for both parties.

This is just another one of those things where we don't know what is what.

Interesting story and I am happy you got back into the swing of things. Yet a hunch tells me this is the ole sob story of entitlement, instead of a bad situation outside of football. NOTE: I could be wrong but my thinking is...

..... what it usually is for these superior athlete (or jock straps). They have gone through their entire childhood as being the best player on their respected teams, at any sport. They have always started, they were STARS in high school, they became highly decorated and received scholarships from great schools, then they excel there too and become stars.. All that gets to their head. They forget what its like to actually compete for their spot, forget this is the best of the best. Like after freshman year of HS and college im sure Joyner knew he cemented his spot with his teams, and the arrow was pointing up...But after his rookie year in the NFL his arrow seems to be at a constant or even pointing down. The adversity of being in a situation he never been in before has frightened him.

Thats my interpretation of it. This is reality TV so we will see tonight if there is more to it.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Disagree here Jrry.
Pouting is immaturity from an entitled, spoiled brat.
We're not talking about a confidence a professional ego should be exhibiting.
He needs to earn his spot and give his 52 other teammates what they deserve. A proffesional, fighting attitude.
Sometimes men have to be held accountable for their own actions. Not everything is on the coach. I certainly wouldn't expect the coaching staff to coddle him.

A good team leader does have to have to navigate, harness, and direct people though.
Professionalism comes in many forms. And no one employee is exclusively enslaved to one fixed mental state.

At work I find that I swing between 3 mental states:
1) I love my job.
2) I hate my job.
3) It's just a job.

At some point, a worker is going to be in 1 of those 3 boats when they embark on the whole "making a living' thing.
If the % slips into the bottom 2 categories too often, it is time to ask yourself if you are in the right career.

But at the end of the day, I'm glad there isn't a camera in my face when I'm in the "I hate my job" moments.
Most passionate people will vent when work is "off the rails".
Sure, maturity plays a bit into the experience seasoned vets have over new-comers.
Bitching too much at work is not constructive, especially when it's to the point where the employee is a negative influence.
Bitching too much at home isn't always healthy either. The wife, the kids, the dog...they don't deserve to be inundated with "how bad your day was".

Find a way to vent. Find a way to get through the bad days and realize the good days are around the corner.

A good team lead can recognize the difference between systemic negativity and a passionate employee is venting.
A good leader will lead young men who don't have the life experience in the work force to be seasoned.

I don't think pouting is exclusive to entitled spoiled brats.
People with great work ethics who earned everything they got can get spun up too. I know I do.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree here Jrry.
Pouting is immaturity from an entitled, spoiled brat.
We're not talking about a confidence a professional ego should be exhibiting.
He needs to earn his spot and give his 52 other teammates what they deserve. A proffesional, fighting attitude.
Sometimes men have to be held accountable for their own actions. Not everything is on the coach. I certainly wouldn't expect the coaching staff to coddle him.

Then there are a lot of entitled, spoiled brats in the NFL. Many of which you'd kill to have on this team. Much of Fisher's job is to manage egos. I absolutely expect him to get LaMarcus's mind right and get that chip on his shoulder back aimed at opponents.