Hard knock teaser / Joyner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I want to see the end of this convo, but if this is truly how he feels don't talk about it be about it and quit. See how many teams will want to pick him up after this crap.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If that is an honest reflection of his feelings (taking in to account it is a TV show), then unless he changes his attitude, he will be out the league in no time. He's acting as if he is a shut down corner! He has too many deficiencies in his game to be pulling the 'release me' card.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The evil part of me wants to see Fisher say - OK, thanks for the offer LeMarcus - if you will just write a check for that 1.9 million dollar signing bonus, we can tidy things up here this afternoon.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't have a problem with it. they need story lines and this is what they gave them.

half the things i've seen on the show look forced. or conversations that look contrived. i'm not gonna pay any attention to it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seems pretty legit to me. On the previous episode they eaves dropped on him on the field while he was talking to (forget who) and he basically said the same thing. "Rams can have their money, bruh." All because he was being punished for getting ejected. I'm sure Fisher will smooth it over. Y'all can say whatever you want about Fisher, but he's one of the best player's coaches in the NFL right now when it comes to managing players and their egos.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it looked like fisher just wanted to get a steve mcnair story in there. he loved that guy and wants to pay homage to him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't like this at all. I'm afraid I'd be done with him. I mean he's not exactly a superstar with his inconsistent play. But Fisher is probably in a fix with no better options and the season upon us. Buy the bitch a pacifier.

…..

Legend
Should'nt we be celebrating him going against Maclin and standing up like a man, a football player? Wasn't his fault the ref got a power surge and tossed them both out of the game.

Attack the root cause I always say. Tar and feather the ref.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Joyner was drafted to start as a rookie as our Nickle Back..he did ....as a rookie and fared well. His 2nd season he continued to get better in the Nickle but has struggled at times with taller slot pass catchers due to height issues. This will not stop as teams look for the mismatch & its there for the taking more often than not. Joyner MUST understand that he has NOT played well on the outside corner this pre season to be the starter when given the opportunity. His Nickle play game has not improved much from last season. I do not think that Joyner will ever be a starting outside corner in the NFL.

I would not release him unless he does not check his TUDE. Since we need him badly at this point with the now injured Gaines being out & the Troy Hill returning from a concussion & the follow up protocols Fisher must find a way to work this out this season. I going to use Joyner in the Nickle-Dime corner needs & let Joyner back up both safety posts. This way he can use every bit of talent that Joyner can bring IF he desires. he could be one serious versatile DB for us this season.

Fisher just happens to have an opening in the roster for a free safety. If they move to a place where we will see four safeties on the field in the defensive lineup Joyner has an important role here.

TexasRam

Legend
The kid can't cover. Bad scouting to draft him and move him to corner when he has horrible technique and anticipation.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
So what if the guy is "pouting." We pay Fisher the money we pay him to find a way to work with egos. Joyner been the best since he started playing football. Struggling and not starting has to be a blow to his ego. Fisher's job is to build him back up and get him contributing to this team.

And if he can't do that, deal with him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So what if the guy is "pouting." We pay Fisher the money we pay him to find a way to work with egos. Joyner been the best since he started playing football. Struggling and not starting has to be a blow to his ego. Fisher's job is to build him back up and get him contributing to this team.
Disagree here Jrry.
Pouting is immaturity from an entitled, spoiled brat.
We're not talking about a confidence a professional ego should be exhibiting.
He needs to earn his spot and give his 52 other teammates what they deserve. A proffesional, fighting attitude.
Sometimes men have to be held accountable for their own actions. Not everything is on the coach. I certainly wouldn't expect the coaching staff to coddle him.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Should be interesting to see how this goes. Generally, players who reach the NFL (or any major sports league) are used to having been a top player and starter ever since they were kids. They've been treated as special their entire lives until they finally reach their limits at the highest level. Before then, their inflated egos never had to deal with this. When the time finally comes, some egos handle that reality better than others. Some adjust to their given roles and keep making a good living and others cut their noses off to spite their face ("then release me") because they can't handle it. A guy like Joyner has never lived with the rest of us here in the real world, so he has no real idea what he is asking for. I hope the rest of the conversation has Fisher helping Joyner understand that and not blowing smoke up his @$$.

Athos

Legend
I used to think Joyner had the football IQ to be a decent player.

He's just bad though, with a poor attitude.

Gets shredded in coverage and commits RayRay like penalties these days. He's overmatched in the NFL.

Another mediocre 2nd round pick.

Rams should draft a real FS and quality CB next year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Philly apparently has Eric Rowe in the dog house, ... swap these guys and be done with it before it becomes cancerous. Unhappy, spoiled players can turn a locker room upside down, deal with it quickly.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Philly apparently has Eric Rowe in the dog house, ... swap these guys and be done with it before it becomes cancerous. Unhappy, spoiled players can turn a locker room upside down, deal with it quickly.

Rowe has been traded to the Pats for a pick and Josh Kline, who the Eagles are now shopping around.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This lil mutha fucker....I swear....wanted to quit, really? He's been reading my ROD posts? Man...I see why we picked up Countess now....He's a grown ass man, and he's pouting on the screen...

Sensabaugh is better than him.....Troy Hill is WAY better than him...If I was Roberson, I'd be pissed I couldn't beat this dude out....

Do yall remember Reid from Florida...or was it Florida St.? He was balling too...

What a complete pansy. Once adversity shows its ugly face, he wants to take his ball and go home.

Pathetic.
What's the saying, adversity doesn't BUILD character, it REVEALS it......