Happy with the moves today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

You have with the Snead moves today?

• Total voters

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
First off it can only be viewed a massive mistake that we traded a 2nd and a fifth for a player that did not fit Wades scheme. That is just bad evaluation on the part of the Rams.

Second I do not see why the Rams did not secure an extension with Ramsey prior to trading for him. Or are we waiting to see if he is a scheme fit after forking over two number ones. Seems reckless to me.

I don't disagree, although maybe Wade thought he could adjust... I dunno.

That said, who says they aren't already working on this or don't already have a framework in the works. I'd be SHOCKED if we don't see an announcement soon.

There is NO WAY that we just traded two 1st round picks plus and didn't have at least an agreement in principle on compensation.

I'd be shocked if they aren't just working on the year to year cap projections.

Shocked. As in, the ONLY thing that would shock me more would be the not remotely potential trade that shall never be mentioned.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I don't disagree, although maybe Wade thought he could adjust... I dunno.

That said, who says they aren't already working on this or don't already have a framework in the works. I'd be SHOCKED if we don't see an announcement soon.

There is NO WAY that we just traded two 1st round picks plus and didn't have at least an agreement in principle on compensation.

I'd be shocked if they aren't just working on the year to year cap projections.

Shocked. As in, the ONLY thing that would shock me more would be the not remotely potential trade that shall never be mentioned.
Like I said. If an extension on Ramsey is made in the next month I would have a more favorable opinion on the trade. As of now I am not on board.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its a silly comment. So dont get butthurt when someone tells you that. I mean I could say that about every negative comment someone makes about the Rams. Well you dont get paid so I wont consider your comment. Why even have dialogues then? We should all just stop posting. Seriously its not butt hurt. It was just a dumb remark on your part. Sorry if that offends you.
You don't offend me really... Remember, you originally responded to me and not the other way around. I could give a crap about your thoughts. Sorry if that offends you.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm not as down on Peters as some here were, but he clearly wasn't a fit for what Wade wanted to do (and what this D needs to do). Ramsey is.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I'm not as down on Peters as some here were, but he clearly wasn't a fit for what Wade wanted to do (and what this D needs to do). Ramsey is.
And that is my biggest criticism. There was enough tape of Peters. He was a zone DB. Why did we trade for him if he was not a fit?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm cautiously optimistic with the moves. I'm hoping Corbett can get up to speed with the playbook to get improvement in the offense as well. The weapons are there but it needs a strong foundation in the trenches to be lethal.

Looking forward to seeing this defense play, that abysmal zone defense we had to cater for Peters neutralized our pass rush and allowed offenses to play the quick passing game with ease; then you also factor his consistency issues in open-field tackling.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Freaking genius moves.

Dynasty in the making.

First round drafts are so damn risky.

Trade two for a true one? Capital well spent.

Love ALL our moves today. Thats what a team who wants to win does.

Not one that wants to not take risks.

GO RAMS!!!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Like when Les Snead traded up for Tavon Austin? Or drafted Greg Robinson at #2?

Dude we just picked up Austin Corbett - he was drafted #33 just two years ago top of the Second and we got him for a Day 3 pick.

What does that say about Snead and Dorsey? I mean how many points off the Tavon pick does Snead get for picking up a high second rounder for a 6th round picK and vice versa?

If anything the trading away of 1st picks should please you considering what Snead did with the Robinson and Tavon picks as you say, no?

Anyway, two first round picks for Jalen Ramsey is a steal dude

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
And that is my biggest criticism. There was enough tape of Peters. He was a zone DB. Why did we trade for him if he was not a fit?
I believe, and I'm relying strongly on memory here, that his college tape showed he could press. If I had to guess, they thought he could return to that based on the college eval. I may be wrong though.

Looked it up. Here's at least one.

ANALYSIS
Strengths
Prototype size for the position. Fluidity in his hips to flip and run. Competes hard out of press-man coverage and tries to intimidate receivers with his physicality. Can redirect talented receivers with his length and flat-out stuff receivers with marginal foot quickness and strength. Stays in pocket of vertical receivers while turning to locate and track ball. Active and disruptive when ball is in the air. At his best when contesting catches and often comes away the winner on 50/50 throws. Outstanding feel for space with ability to track multiple receivers and quarterback at the same time. Closes on throws with above-average burst and brings some force on contact. Confident and tough.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sorry, I don't get it. It feels like desperation and just throwing stuff against a wall hoping something sticks. I get losing Talib sucks, but if we're gonna throw away MORE 1st rounders, it should have been for a guy like Trent Williams or just about anyone else that could shore up the O-line.

OK great, we've got Ramsey, who's going to be insanely expensive and is a bit of a headcase. But we didn't gain anything because we gave up our best corner in a separate trade for WAY less than we gave up for the new guy. Today was basically 2 1sts, a 4th and Peters for Ramsey and a 5th. And Peters would have gotten us a 3rd if we had just let him walk in free agency. That's just a dumb trade.

I was actually in the minority in that I didn't mind if we had a down year this year, so long as we were well positioned to go into the new stadium next year looking strong and ready to pounce. Instead we've still got a garbage offensive line and now no draft capital. This is going to be one of those teams where 90% of the cap is consumed by 5 guys and the rest of the roster is filled in with rejects from Unnecessary Roughness
I get the concerns and the price tag was hefty for Ramsey.
However, Ramsey is much better than Peters and a better scheme fit.
He always the Rams to run mixed coverages if they want or run more man.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Dude we just picked up Austin Corbett - he was drafted #33 just two years ago top of the Second and we got him for a Day 3 pick.

What does that say about Snead and Dorsey? I mean how many points off the Tavon pick does Snead get for picking up a high second rounder for a 6th round picK and vice versa?

If anything the trading away of 1st picks should please you considering what Snead did with the Robinson and Tavon picks as you say, no?

My biggest issue with trading two #1s is that Snead failed to secure an extension on Ramsey. That is huge. Sorry if you do not see that.

fearsomefour

Legend

Corbett played college ball at Nevada where I am. So saw him play multiple times in college. Didn’t jump out but I wasn’t watching him. Last Nevada lineman that really caught my eye was Bitanino also now with the Browns.
Corbett did grade out pretty decently and I’m sure was scouted by Snead and Co when they were looking at their mid round OL options.
I’m happy with that trade.
Ramsey replacing Peters is a big upgrade.
Is any CB worth two firsts? I don’t know.
For a first round pick you want to get at least a good starter. You are really looking to add a Pro Bowl caliber guy.
Ramsey is certainly that.
Will be interesting to see how long it takes Corbett to get some time either at G or C.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
My biggest issue with trading two #1s is that Snead failed to secure an extension on Ramsey. That is huge. Sorry if you do not see that.

Yes thanks for the apology
you do craft your argument like shite
But no worries, man, now I got your point now

P.S. Snead doesn’t do the contract work, by the way. Demoff handles that. Maybe you should blame him instead of Snead. Or better yet give the organization some time to make a deal happen. I mean they made this trade, so unless he suddenly turns into Marcus Peters, they will make every effort to resign him. Like they have all the stars they want to keep.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should the Rams have made better moves into this season, so a big series of trades wasn't needed?

Absolutely. Although injuries do happen, and they were hoping that Peters would play like late last season, not like the rest of the season - and that they wouldn't have injuries all over otherwise.

Ramsey should be a big help. Whether they got enough help at the OL remains to be seen, and I am optimistic about the IL help.

And yes, the cap issues are real. Without cap issues, they would have resigned Saffold, for instance. That said, I don't think they are clueless about the cap as some posters imply. I do think they have a plan - plans do not always work out.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Sometimes you eyeball something and think... "I can make that work"... and it wasn't terrible, but yeah, it didn't fit. It wasn't a failure as a trade, but it wasn't great value for a trade, either.

I also like Kenny Young... a LOT. We may be thinking we fleeced the Ravens in a few years.

Also, KUDOS to this franchise. Peters shut up and balled and when it came time to trade him, they didn't dump him in some football nether region, they sent him to a contender.

Players respect that.

We pay players and if we do trade players, we try to help them out within the constraints of helping our ball club.

Don't think players around the league don't get that...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Corbett played college ball at Nevada where I am. So saw him play multiple times in college. Didn’t jump out but I wasn’t watching him. Last Nevada lineman that really caught my eye was Bitanino also now with the Browns.
Corbett did grade out pretty decently and I’m sure was scouted by Snead and Co when they were looking at their mid round OL options.
I’m happy with that trade.
Ramsey replacing Peters is a big upgrade.
Is any CB worth two firsts? I don’t know.
For a first round pick you want to get at least a good starter. You are really looking to add a Pro Bowl caliber guy.
Ramsey is certainly that.
Will be interesting to see how long it takes Corbett to get some time either at G or C.

Here's why this may really work out.

If we go man with a shut down CB like Ramsey and man guys like Hill and Long, then the QB may have to hold the ball a half second longer.

Now... WHO wants to give Aaron Donald another half second to get to the QB???

tenor.gif

fearsomefour

Legend
Here's why this may really work out.

If we go man with a shut down CB like Ramsey and man guys like Hill and Long, then the QB may have to hold the ball a half second longer.

Now... WHO wants to give Aaron Donald another half second to get to the QB???

tenor.gif
Hurry back Clay!!

Poppinfresh

Rookie

Who cares where he was drafted 2 years ago. Look at it this way: If he was worth so much because of where he was drafted 2 years ago, why was someone willing to sell him for so little? You're using the same logic I see people use when it comes to stock trading, convinced some stock is just going to keep going up and up forever and ever. If that was true, why would someone be willing to sell it to you?

And yes, Ramsey is a steal...if you're the Jaguars. Very few positions on the field are worth giving up 2 1sts and a 4th, and CB isn't one of them.