Gurley out vs Niners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
giphy.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It seems that Gurley is the first athlete in history to miss a game with a quad injury. That seems to be the thinking behind all the speculation in here at the moment.

Imagine what it's like out in the media world. Lucky I stopped watching all that crap.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There is WAY too much speculation about Gurley's mental state based on interviews and body language that is pure speculation.

His mental state is probably one of disappointment since his health is keeping him from playing. Saying he has lost it mentally is a terrible thing to put out there.

Plenty of people say "he's fine it's the OL". That's head in the sand thinking. His knee is more than likely the issue, though that may not be why he is out this week. We've been hearing about it for months, and how he has developed arthritis..

We need to get used to the fact that he isn't going to be the player he was, and he may not be here next season. All you have to do is watch him run and you can see something is up. Yeah sometimes he looks fine, but often he looks different. This is what happens with arthritis. Sometimes it's bothering you, sometimes it's not.

fearsomefour

Legend
So that means we're speculating that TG just doesn't have the heart to play? Or he's not playing because he doesn't like his role in the offense or lack of carries now? He's really not hurt he just doesn't want to play? That's what I see from some responses, just curious what the deal is.
Pretty much.
Wild speculation based on nothing.

fearsomefour

Legend

It seems that Gurley is the first athlete in history to miss a game with a quad injury. That seems to be the thinking behind all the speculation in here at the moment.

Imagine what it's like out in the media world. Lucky I stopped watching all that crap.

Yes.
It reminds me when the wheels started to come off the Martz race car and there were folks who hated on Bulger because, according to them, he didn’t care.
There are folks that don’t get it that people are different.
Not everyone is screaming, flexing and fist pumping after every play.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes.
It reminds me when the wheels started to come off the Martz race car and there were folks who hated on Bulger because, according to them, he didn’t care.
There are folks that don’t get it that people are different.
Not everyone is screaming, flexing and fist pumping after every play.

You're right..........and in fact most athletes don't act like that.

Bulger was a quiet type and people thought he lacked something because of hat.

IMO it was always a silly argument

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The only thing observable is TG's irritation with endless questioning, speculation, media. It might be 100% that. Again, just speculating. Seems like we have enough to worry about w/out adding Todd to the mix.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think today will be very telling. If we have a well balanced offensive game plan and run the ball more I think we know where the issue lies.

Ram65

Legend
I think today will be very telling. If we have a well balanced offensive game plan and run the ball more I think we know where the issue lies.

I high fived you on this but, then thought the Rams have to run to keep that pass rush off Goff. McVay can't do the 8 passes to start the game like against the Panthers or 13 out of 14 passes with only Kupp getting a rush attempt against the Bucs. He has to get more balanced. You just have to hope McVay gets it done.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
With the recent game plans where TG3 is more of a blocker to pick up the blitz, something that MB is good at, why not take the opportunity to let him heal. McVay is okay with it.