Gurley out vs Niners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Pretty sure McVay left it up to Todd if he wanted to play

Think about that...

I mean what is it, or HAS it been all along?

Ref the movie Top Gun

Open minutes

I honestly believe the man has gone “Cougar” on us

And I’ll go a step further

As one of your basic sick bastards who dvr’d all rams games and rewatched them

Last year they ran the dog shit outta Gurley vs Seattle the week before the rousing Monday night win vs KC

The opening possession (vs KC) Rams are decked in their color rush yellows, simple dump off to Gurley, meaningless nothing play...at precisely the 13:25 mark, first quarter, but what a brutal pull the jersey drag down vertically from behind tackle out of bounds

God is my witness, Gurley changed from that moment (or after the Preceeding Seattle game possibly if he’s not)

And honestly,, lol, in the early 70s I was once tackled the same way, probably by one of @VeteranRamFan buddies (not really it was vs Pasadena Polly) point being Lol I almost died, I can only imagine being tackled like that NFL level

I really honestly believe TGII is mentally beat down...didn’t see it coming

McVay left it up to him...

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Of course you know Senor Old School

I’d prefer to be a pontificating ass...and TG, two...maybe 3 weeks down the road somehow remembers he’s only 26 years old

Not the Nancy type, but good gawd something just ain’t right here

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of course you know Senor Old School

I’d prefer to be a pontificating ass...and TG, two...maybe 3 weeks down the road somehow remembers he’s only 26 years old

Not the Nancy type, but good gawd something just ain’t right here
So that means we're speculating that TG just doesn't have the heart to play? Or he's not playing because he doesn't like his role in the offense or lack of carries now? He's really not hurt he just doesn't want to play? That's what I see from some responses, just curious what the deal is.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Please get healthy dude. Im praying whatever is going on is not long term. I hope he isnt injured all the time like Arian Foster.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
So that means we're speculating that TG just doesn't have the heart to play? Or he's not playing because he doesn't like his role in the offense or lack of carries now? He's really not hurt he just doesn't want to play? That's what I see from some responses, just curious what the deal is.

Difficulty worded my man, allow me my best takes

TG isn’t a how many touches guy... nope TG is all about the W (annnd we all KNOW that)

Heart to play?

I “gots”to say

Bingo

Please dear God tell me I’m wrong but after that drag down vs KC, he’s just never been the same

My opinion of course

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
What's going on with Gurley is tragic, he's so good when 100%.

Dude was on a pitch count/keeping him fresh and still couldn't last 6 weeks. Sigh. :(

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
shock-surprise-face-woman-090316.jpg

Realign

UDFA
Never heard that form McVay where'd you get this? He doesn't say that in his presser yesterday or any of the others this week.

View: https://www.facebook.com/Rams/videos/959177707768028/

I don’t know how to post links, but there is an article from the Sporting News (from about 12 hours ago) that talks about how McVay was going to let Gurley decide whether or not he plays tomorrow, depending on he feels. Article is titled...
“Rams Sean McVay says it’s up to Todd Gurley if he wants to play vs. 49ers”

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I don’t know how to post links, but there is an article from the Sporting News (from about 12 hours ago) that talks about how McVay was going to let Gurley decide whether or not he plays tomorrow, depending on he feels. Article is titled...

I doubt Gurley doesnt want to play. IMO it is more that he doesnt feel that it is worth the risk of making the injury worse at this point in the season. McVay did say in his press conference that only TG knows how he feels and McVay trusts TG to be honest with the team, unlike some QB we played in week 1.

Why is everyone trying to make it out that TG is washed up? Try watching him play more than listening to the mediots and you will see TG is not washed up.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
That makes two of us my man

Thing is, I’d like to believe I just don’t pull “stuff?” Outta my ass

Appreciate the backup

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I look forward to seeing how MB plays, but even more looking forward to more touches for Henderson. Gurley is superb and the best when he's healthy and mentally in the game. But he hasn't been either of those things. Rest him and see what becomes of it. Let's see Henderson.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

"He knows his body as well as anybody," McVay said. "I think we all know what a tough, elite competitor he's been in terms of the things that he's been able to push through. So really it's about that collaboration, that communication and then making sure we do, number one, what's best for him. And he'll always be able to communicate that honestly with us."

Boiling that down to "it's up to Todd if he wants to play" is kind of a stretch, no?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I would be willing to bet that the article from The Sporting News was just the author rehashing McVays press conference. I find it hard to believe McVay would do an interveiw with The Sporting News on the day before a game.

And at no point in the press conference did McVay say it was up to Gurley if he wants to play. The man is a professional athlete of course he wants to play, but at the same time they have to do what is best for Gurley and the team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to sound uncaring, but what we all know is that Gurley hasn't played much this year when the HC says he's not hurt (except this week) and yet when he plays, he doesn't play for that long. We all say it's a pitch count, but all I hear is McVay say there are no restrictions on Gurley.

After a while, you just go with the guys ready to play and they rest can sit in the hot tub with the back up kicker (oh shyte, here comes OldSchool!) lol

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Difficulty worded my man, allow me my best takes

TG isn’t a how many touches guy... nope TG is all about the W (annnd we all KNOW that)

Heart to play?

I “gots”to say

Bingo

Please dear God tell me I’m wrong but after that drag down vs KC, he’s just never been the same

My opinion of course

100 percent agree that it was the KC game last year when he was pulled down on the right sideline. Since then he hasn't been the same. There is no doubt about it.

Right after that we faced the Lions and had a lot of trouble getting the offense going, followed by the Bears and Philly games where the offense saw the disappearance of Gurley and our first two game skid, In fact in the Philly game Gurley came out on a critical 3rd down pass play where Kelly missed the block leading to Goff unable to complete the 3rd down. Shortly after this CJ came aboard and we destroyed Arizona and the Niners.

But agreed, it was the drag down vs KC that ended Gurleys Elite level of play.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So an SI reporter says this but nobody who covers the team says it and it wasn't in any of his pressers this week? Got it sorry not buying it until I hear McVay say that. And even then I'm not dumping on TG.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor