Gurley not a fan of international games: 'They need to stop this'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The idea of having a team perm in England is just mind numbingly stupid.
I hope this never happens.
Exactly.
NFL capitalists discussing putting teams in Europe is...
elephant in the room.gif

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The idea of having a team perm in England is just mind numbingly stupid.
I hope this never happens.
This i do agree with .... apart from the vast majority of fans who already have a team won’t swap allegiance (I know I couldn’t ) and the “casuals” who go to the international as a day out won’t turn up 8 weeks a year plus
You’d have to factor in the scheduled .. signing FA’s would be a nightmare and drafting a bunch of kids straight out of college who probably don’t have a passport and have never left the USA ...I just can’t see it happening (well I’ll say working because I think if the NFL’s wants it to happen it will )

Let’s not forget Tottenham (soccer team over here ) are building a new stadium with two retractable fields one for soccer and one for football

fearsomefour

Legend
This i do agree with .... apart from the vast majority of fans who already have a team won’t swap allegiance (I know I couldn’t ) and the “casuals” who go to the international as a day out won’t turn up 8 weeks a year plus
You’d have to factor in the scheduled .. signing FA’s would be a nightmare and drafting a bunch of kids straight out of college who probably don’t have a passport and have never left the USA ...I just can’t see it happening (well I’ll say working because I think if the NFL’s wants it to happen it will )

Let’s not forget Tottenham (soccer team over here ) are building a new stadium with two retractable fields one for soccer and one for football
It's really just the reality of travel.
Denver has the most significant home field advantage in the league based on elevation.
I just don't see anyway having a team there is practical based on competitive balance.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
stop whinging a free holiday to the best city in the world and millions in the bank ... hard knock life huh
Your one chance to see them play in no telling how long and you're not going to the game?

I'd be tunneling under the gate right now.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
It's obviously for the money and exposure but putting a team in London permenantly seems impossible .

I say if a team has to play in London they should recieve an extra bye week after that London game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
two retractable fields one for soccer and one for football
Wait! Isn't that the same thing over there?

I watched the interview where Gurley was talking about it. He is clearly not a fan of the game over there but did go out of his way to makes sure everyone knew that it had nothing to do with the fans. I think he realized how it might come off at first so he said it about 3 different ways that he loves the fans over there.

You gotta figure it really does suck for them. They are not just going on a cool international trip. There are only 16 games so every one of them is crucial if you are in the hunt - which the Rams clearly are at this point. You can love the place and people all you want but if it has the potential to knock you out of the playoffs, that's just not going to be acceptable for most players that are worth a shit.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Your one chance to see them play in no telling how long and you're not going to the game?

Okay here's how you do it.
Simple.
Back up to a parking space that's out of view but close to the fence.
While no one is looking, in the middle of the night, start digging a small hole right behind your trunk.
Make sure it's big enough to hold you by sun up. (hint; the sun rises in the east)
Make sure you keep the grass plug you first dug up to cover the hole.
Slowly dig until Sunday game time.

Pop out of the hole and you're golden.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got a kick out of Goff rolling his eyes when asked about Gurley's comments. I think the NFL is playing divisional games there because the competition level will be at its highest. Preseason absolutely blows and won't provide the right exposure. I think a new European division would have to be created for this idea to work, with every European team plying games vs the USA teams in interdivisional games. Still rough travelling.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I’ve seen them twice . And they’ll be here next year

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay here's how you do it.
Simple.
Back up to a parking space that's out of view but close to the fence.
While no one is looking, in the middle of the night, start digging a small hole right behind your trunk.
Make sure it's big enough to hold you by sun up. (hint; the sun rises in the east)
Make sure you keep the grass plug you first dug up to cover the hole.
Slowly dig until Sunday game time.

Pop out of the hole and you're golden.
Knowing my luck I’ll screw up my timing and pop out at the 50 yard line and trip gurley as he tears down the field for the winning touchdown