Gurley/Melvin Gordon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley will be fine . Bad play designs put him in a position to fail . Who hands the ball to the RB from the shotgun to run up the middle on 4th and one ?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I have been waiting for this thread. I just didn't want to post it.
Gurley is not a 4-5 yd guy he is 1 or 2 then a big one. many a back have made a living like that but we need a 4-5 yd guy also. maybe he is on the roster and maybe not. I can't really make a comparison to Gordon fairly but TG30 is not a top 10 back right now.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How can yall blame gurley the guy gets hit more than anybody in football behind the line of scrimmage and yet he still average 3 ypc. To me thats impressive. Yeah he probably miss 1 or two cut back lanes but even those he miss is no sure thing because on EVERY PLAY he has at least 2 defenders coming at him unblocked and on top of that we get so many 3 and outs the guy can never get started. Gurley needs more than 12 carries a game to get going. He has been very impressive in the pass game. His explosiveness and shifftines is still there. But with this run blocking hw can never get a good head of steam going.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread is sad and disappointing and lacks understanding about the run game.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Gurley will be fine . Bad play designs put him in a position to fail . Who hands the ball to the RB from the shotgun to run up the middle on 4th and one ?
A team with a passing threat like the patriots. Unfortunately, we don't have a passing threat :(

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been waiting for this thread. I just didn't want to post it.
Gurley is not a 4-5 yd guy he is 1 or 2 then a big one. many a back have made a living like that but we need a 4-5 yd guy also. maybe he is on the roster and maybe not. I can't really make a comparison to Gordon fairly but TG30 is not a top 10 back right now.

Gordon looked worse last year than Gurley has this year when his OL couldn't block worth a damn.

jap

Legend
This thread is sad and disappointing and lacks understanding about the run game.

You better believe it! Without a dominant OL, there's only so much #30 can do without help from the passing game. DC's have zeroed in on the Horns' inability to generate offense once TGII is stuffed, and they will continue doing so until the Horns find an effective & consistent passing attack. Then and only then will the holes for the Express! eventually appear.

Declaring yourself to be a run-first team in the NFL doesn't work without a dominant OL or a consistent, effective passing game.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Gordon looked worse last year than Gurley has this year when his OL couldn't block worth a damn
There deficiency is comparable for sure but Todd is definitely having an off year. I have witnessed RB's perform behind inefficient OL INES but fact is special backs will find a way to impact the game. I am nowhere near calling Todd a bust but to be objective you have to take the 8 games or half the season into serious consideration when evaluating performances and Todd remains outside the top 15 so to say he isn't top 10 is more than fair unless we are not being objective or are letting our views be skewed by homerism

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There deficiency is comparable for sure but Todd is definitely having an off year. I have witnessed RB's perform behind inefficient OL INES but fact is special backs will find a way to impact the game. I am know where near calling Todd a bust but to be objective you have to take the 8 games or half the season into serious consideration when evaluating performances and Todd remains outside the top 15 so to say he isn't top 10 is more than fair unless we are not being objective or are letting our views be skewed by homerism

Not much he can do to impact the game. We don't use him like we did Faulk nor do we have a QB like Warner. The blocking isn't there. Plenty of great HBs were stymied by bad blocking and stacked boxes. Check out Marshall Faulk's career in Indianapolis.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Fair points, I am still in belief that he has not developed as I would have hoped. Faulk who I followed since SD STATE became special, different level special when he was utilized in the passing game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair points, I am still in belief that he has not developed as I would have hoped. Faulk who I followed since SD STATE became special, different level special when he was utilized in the passing game.

Gurley isn't Faulk. But Faulk's third year in the NFL was a horrible year. As bad as the year Gurley is having. Gurley can be a weapon in the passing game. Not a Faulk-like weapon but still a weapon.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah, I like what I see when he is involved in the passing game and it is an easier way to get him in rhythm and space. he could certainly get 50 + catches

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I like what I see when he is involved in the passing game and it is an easier way to get him in rhythm and space. he could certainly get 50 + catches

Agreed. The offense is just so dysfunctional right now. I think Goff would be good for Gurley. He's very good at hitting his checkdown.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
FIFY
This thread is sad and disappointing and lacks an objective view of our run game.
9th most attempts in the league (he is getting the ball)
40th in average yards per carry
96th in longest run from scrimmage
Yes it hurts to believe but do you believe that everyone in front of him statistically is getting a better shake

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Keep in mind Gordon has Philip Rivers and a competent OC. His O-line is also not on skates this year, unlike the Rams.