Gurley loses 10-15 lbs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not trying to be a dick here but I think Gurley is more qualified to decide whether the weight he's at is appropriate than we are.
Players have lost weight thinking they will be better and failed. Some have gained weight thinking they will be better and failed. Some have succeeded in both cases. Don't know why you'd think people would think your a dick over your opinion.
Kind of an antagonizing post.

Seems most of us feel he had elite size and speed and would be even better when fully healed and at 100%.

And actually, I think the coaches and trainers know better then us and him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Players have lost weight thinking they will be better and failed. Some have gained weight thinking they will be better and failed. Some have succeeded in both cases. Don't know why you'd think people would think your a dick over your opinion.
Kind of an antagonizing post.

Seems most of us feel he had elite size and speed and would be even better when fully healed and at 100%.

And actually, I think the coaches and trainers know better then us and him.

In essence, what you're saying is that sometimes the players are right and sometimes the players are wrong. That's pretty typical. They're human. My point is that none of us know where Gurley was at last year in terms of weight, none of us know where he's at now, and none of us know where he's most comfortable. Gurley knows all these things. So I think it's a little delusional for people to be chiming in on whether or not Gurley's weight (which we don't know) is appropriate.

As far as the coaches and trainers are concerned, who has access to them and works with them on a regular basis? It isn't us. But Gurley does.

What's my point? Gurley's weight is nothing to worry about. I can't think of any instances where it has hurt a HB with Gurley's sort of size to drop a little weight. It usually results in better COD skills and acceleration for the HB. Le'Veon Bell is a guy who dropped quite a bit of weight after his rookie year and it really helped his game.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Weight also fluctuates like crazy throughout the day due to water intake and sodium.
Too true. My weight fluctuates by about 5-7 lbs a day, every day. The only way I know what I kind of weigh is to take it first thing in the morning.

Athos

Legend
Too true. My weight fluctuates by about 5-7 lbs a day, every day. The only way I know what I kind of weigh is to take it first thing in the morning.

Yep. After a morning bathroom pitstop and before any food or liquids. Usually on a Sunday.

Keeps things consistent.

I think the biggest fluctuation I had was 9 pounds. Normally 170 (but gaining muscle). Like 179 at the gym in the afternoon. Crazy.