Gurley loses 10-15 lbs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Eat more burgers, Todd!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-lost-10-15-pounds-isnt-sure-where-they-went/

Most people have to work hard to lose 10 to 15 pounds. Rams running back Todd Gurley is not like most people.

Gurley says when he weighed in at the Rams’ Organized Team Activities, he discovered that he had lost about 10 to 15 pounds. That wasn’t a specific goal but wasn’t unwelcome either.

“I don’t know what happened this offseason,” Gurley said. “I was just losing weight. It’s probably just having the first offseason not doing anything for about a month or two. I feel fine how I am so I’m not going to add weight.”

Last offseason Gurley’s focus was on rehabbing the knee he injured during his final year in college at Georgia, whereas this offseason he’s in good health. And a little slimmer.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hm. Not sure how to feel about this. Wonder if it makes him faster? less durable?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Preferred him heavier. Still fast and better to shed blocks with his power but we shall see I guess.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
His unique blend of size, power, agility and speed is a big part of what made him so special. I'd prefer he stay at last years weight....but i'm not a trainer so IDK.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Gurley is optimal in the mid 220s. That was when he was at his best at Georgia. He'll pick up a few pounds by the season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A byproduct of actually being able to fully work out in the off season unlike last year. I'm sure if he and the Rams want it they'll be able to add back on 5-10 lbs. Not a big deal imo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Eat more burgers, Todd!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-lost-10-15-pounds-isnt-sure-where-they-went/

Most people have to work hard to lose 10 to 15 pounds. Rams running back Todd Gurley is not like most people.

Gurley says when he weighed in at the Rams’ Organized Team Activities, he discovered that he had lost about 10 to 15 pounds. That wasn’t a specific goal but wasn’t unwelcome either.

“I don’t know what happened this offseason,” Gurley said. “I was just losing weight. It’s probably just having the first offseason not doing anything for about a month or two. I feel fine how I am so I’m not going to add weight.”

Last offseason Gurley’s focus was on rehabbing the knee he injured during his final year in college at Georgia, whereas this offseason he’s in good health. And a little slimmer.
I'm sure his weight gain during the stagnant part of his rehab played a roll in why he has lost weight, now that he is able to workout all the time, you see what I mean!?!
But I do wonder If he'll need some extra weight to deal with the pounding he's going to have to give out and take during a full 16 game season!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So he's right between 210-215 lbs. That seems a little light for a guy that's 6'1 and his frame. But like already said on here, I'm sure it won't be a big deal. I always thought Steven Jackson kept his weight a little too heavy. It was said in 2010 that he was around 250 lbs. but he was a freak of nature as well. Him and Gurley nearly mirror each other in size. IMO.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Gurley will be fine. I'm sure he'll gain a few pounds by go time. I honestly think he looks really healthy.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
So he's right between 210-215 lbs. That seems a little light for a guy that's 6'1 and his frame.

AP is 6'1"-6'2" and weighs 217 pounds. Gurley played at 218 his freshman year at Georgia. Like I said, when the season starts and he isn't training every day of the week he'll pack on a few pounds.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'll donate him my love handles if he needs an extra few. I'm unselfish like that. :))

fearsomefour

Legend
Don't care for the lost weight.
Really don't care for him not paying attention during the offseason.
Maybe it isn't a big deal.

TexasRam

Legend
He was such a snail out there last year.

Something had to be done.

His Starting job is in Jeopardy man.

Wait... Is this not the Jason Sehorn thread?

My bad.

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
They were discussing how Gurleys lost weight will make him better this year, so we'll see. He did get caught a few times from behind, so maybe he'll be faster and more explosive.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
They were discussing how Gurleys lost weight will make him better this year, so we'll see. He did get caught a few times from behind, so maybe he'll be faster and more explosive.

It also would help with his stamina if he's expecting a bigger workload. From all the videos I've seen he definitely looks quicker now than he did last year. As long as he kept his strength and power I don't care if he plays at a lower weight.

Debacled

Starter
Weight numbers are hugely overplayed in the NFL.

Did he lose strength? Speed? Durability?.....no? Then why the fuss?

Ever pick up a 10 or 15 lb weight? There isn't much to it. Muscle or otherwise.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He still looks like a beast.....running and cutting better than ever...I can gain 10 lbs with a big meal...and can shit out :poop:15 lbs:mrburnsevil: just as easily...no biggie....only thing, carrying weight during the season is pretty hard...he'll probably lose a few more by December..

Athos

Legend
Weight also fluctuates like crazy throughout the day due to water intake and sodium.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not trying to be a dick here but I think Gurley is more qualified to decide whether the weight he's at is appropriate than we are.