Guess who Kyle Shanahan's Agent is..................

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
585bf5374af7e.image.jpg

What we are hearing right now is that the early leader in the clubhouse for the Rams job is Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.

Shallow as it may seem, Shanahan is young, good-looking and energetic, which will be job requirements in Los Angeles.

More importantly, he has impeccable coaching bloodlines from his Super Bowl winning dad. At the age of 37, he already is one of the most experienced offensive coordinators in the league, having run the show in Houston, Washington, Cleveland and now Atlanta. He also has a reputation as the kind of quarterback whisperer that Goff badly needs.

Shanahan happens to be represented by Marvin Demoff, whose son Kevin is in his fifth season as Executive V.P. Football Operations and COO of the Rams, so negotiations can be conducted at the dinner table over the holidays with no fear of tampering violations going public.

We’re not accusing, we’re just saying.

Visit ProFootballWeekly.com | View Latest E-Edition

This article originally ran on profootballweekly.com.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry guys, Marvin Demoff.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now I wonder if Daddy is also a client of Marv
I'd be down with Kyle as our HC

So would I and Mike Shanahan involved in a front office capacity too, the key will be Kyle's DC hire because his Dad's hires for DC's left much to be desired as Greg Robinson was his DC in Denver and Jim Haslett in Washington. IMO, if indeed Rex Ryan is fired in Buffalo, IMO, he would a great match for Kyle Shanahan.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Oh, those crafty Demoffs.....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope this would not cause Kroeber to exclude Shanahan as an option. I don't care if our next head coach was the son of Rosie O'Donnel and Roger Goodell, and his agent was Vladimir Putin, as long as he was the best choice for the job.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Demoff is the agent of choice for a lot of top names. I think this is being made into a bigger deal by fans than necessary. The hire will be made by Kroenke, not Demoff. I'm sure Demoff has a lot of input, sure, but I also don't think he's a moron who will move the guy his dad represents ahead of the other candidates due to that. He's a professional. All his dad ensures is that they have good comms with his camp.

Right now the most important thing is the Rams get to interview Kyle right after the season ends, which means they need to win that #2 slot in the NFC. That is the single best thing for this team right now, to ensure they get a chance to sit down with both him, McDaniels, and McVay. Cooter is probably going to lose out because by the time they get to sit him down they're gonna have a very strong feel for the other guys and I'm sure one of them will blow them away.

My guess is, barring a rockstar type coming into the picture, that they'll have their candidate identified very quickly, by early the second week following the end of the season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Surprise surprise.....So, if we hire Kyle, did we really do our due diligence? How about that Rooney rule? Serious conflicts of interests going on here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Surprise surprise.....So, if we hire Kyle, did we really do our due diligence? How about that Rooney rule? Serious conflicts of interests going on here.
What's the conflict of interest? You know who Fisher's agent was, right?
And of course they'll follow the Rooney Rule. Everyone has to.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What's the conflict of interest? You know who Fisher's agent was, right?
And of course they'll follow the Rooney Rule. Everyone has to.
Basically that if they hire Kyle, that there really wasn't any real search...That this has been planned for some time...I would think Marvin and Kevin speak frequently. Following the Rooney rule to me isn't just some interview...it's the serious consideration of minority candidates for the HC position.
And I think the reason Fisher was the 2nd highest paid coach was a direct result of Kevin negotiating with his father. The more Fisher made, the more Marvin was paid. Conflict. Who's best interest is Kevin representing, the teams (Stan K) or his father?