Guess the stupid city of the stupid hotel with the even stupider soap.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bnw

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

No. Phoenix is one of the few cities out west that still gives me hope for the future. Thanks for the soap trivia!(y)

bnw

Pro Bowler
I wish it where Austin cause I'd drive into town to pick up a truck load. This vagina soap concept has me excited

You can buy it by the box. 300 bars to the box. Should keep you busy for what..... a week?:banana:

bnw

Pro Bowler
Not a surprise that all the cities chosen are in the west.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Is the city in Pennsylvania? They're the current leader in pushing 'ergonomic' soap. I shit you not.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Philadelphia
3. State College, PA

SierraRam

Recreational User
No. Phoenix is one of the few cities out west that still gives me hope for the future. Thanks for the soap trivia!(y)

Phoenix? Really? Is it the 8.6% sales tax or the 105 temps in May?

How about the home of our Rams? LA?

fearsomefour

Legend
Care to elaborate, give an example of their meanness?
A buddy was getting married in Boulder, Co.
Boulder is a good guess for the ergo soap actually.
Anyway, the closest direct flight from where I live at that time was Co Springs. No biggie, I reserved a rental car for the drive to Boulder.
So, wheels down in Co Springs.
It was late at night. My bag didn't come off the plane. So, dealing with the airline people....ok we will find your bag. I hustle over to the car rental desk to let them know I was there. Got to the desk about 10 minutes before they close. They don't have my car. Gave it away to someone else. He can figure something out. Explain to the guy the deal with the bag. My credit card is in the bag with my ID. I give the guy $20 (this was like 94 or so) to hang out till I can run back and get my bag. Run to bag person, desk is closed. But my bag is just sitting out front with some security dick going through it. Ten minutes of talking to his dumb meat head before he "released" my bag to me. Run back to the car rental place. Closed.
Ok.
So I will grab a cab and get a hotel for the night and drive the next day. Call the cab company.
"You need a cab? This is the busiest weekend of the year it's gonna be....3 hours." Hangs up on me.
Walk a couple miles to a hotel.
While walking a car cruises by and a college age guy throws a half empty beer can at me. Misses wildly....might have been a young Nick Foles, that's how inaccurate the toss was.
Anyway, get to the hotel. All booked up. But they do offer to put me up in the maids storage room with a fold out bed for $200. Cash. Gee, no thanks.
Clearly the front desk person was going to pocket the money.
When I said no thanks and asked if they knew of anyplace that would have a vacancy. He made two calls and said, "You're in luck!!" Had the night security/go fer guy grab the hotel Van and take me to a place several miles away. Before I walked in I asked the driver please wait in case they don't have a room.
"Of course man."
As soon as I walked in he drove off. The front desk lady said, no rooms. I said David from the other place called for me. "Yeah, and I told him we are booked."
Ok. That was a dick move.
Any suggestions?
"Yeah. Get the f*** out of here. I'm gonna call the cops for loitering."
So, I called the cab company again. No answer.
So, I started walking back toward the airport. Miles away at this point. I finally get ahold a cab company person. He told me to stay at my location and he would be out in about an hour. A truck cruises by and another drunk screaming idiot throws food of some kind at me.
So I layed down on a bench out front of a mariachi bar and fell asleep. Right before sun rise I woke up and finished the walk back to the airport. I walked into the airport and back out, nothing was open. As I came up an upscale "taxi"....a Lincoln Towncar pulled up "Mr. Onerholtzer?" "Yep, that's me."
Not my ride but I was desperate at this time.
"To the Four Seasons?" Yes.
After we were down the road a couple miles I said, change of plans.....can you take me to the Greyhound station?
He just smiled. I gave him a nice tip but thankfully escaped the unfriendly people of Co Springs.

bnw

Pro Bowler
A buddy was getting married in Boulder, Co.
Boulder is a good guess for the ergo soap actually.
Anyway, the closest direct flight from where I live at that time was Co Springs. No biggie, I reserved a rental car for the drive to Boulder.
So, wheels down in Co Springs.
It was late at night. My bag didn't come off the plane. So, dealing with the airline people....ok we will find your bag. I hustle over to the car rental desk to let them know I was there. Got to the desk about 10 minutes before they close. They don't have my car. Gave it away to someone else. He can figure something out. Explain to the guy the deal with the bag. My credit card is in the bag with my ID. I give the guy $20 (this was like 94 or so) to hang out till I can run back and get my bag. Run to bag person, desk is closed. But my bag is just sitting out front with some security dick going through it. Ten minutes of talking to his dumb meat head before he "released" my bag to me. Run back to the car rental place. Closed.
Ok.
So I will grab a cab and get a hotel for the night and drive the next day. Call the cab company.
"You need a cab? This is the busiest weekend of the year it's gonna be....3 hours." Hangs up on me.
Walk a couple miles to a hotel.
While walking a car cruises by and a college age guy throws a half empty beer can at me. Misses wildly....might have been a young Nick Foles, that's how inaccurate the toss was.
Anyway, get to the hotel. All booked up. But they do offer to put me up in the maids storage room with a fold out bed for $200. Cash. Gee, no thanks.
Clearly the front desk person was going to pocket the money.
When I said no thanks and asked if they knew of anyplace that would have a vacancy. He made two calls and said, "You're in luck!!" Had the night security/go fer guy grab the hotel Van and take me to a place several miles away. Before I walked in I asked the driver please wait in case they don't have a room.
"Of course man."
As soon as I walked in he drove off. The front desk lady said, no rooms. I said David from the other place called for me. "Yeah, and I told him we are booked."
Ok. That was a dick move.
Any suggestions?
"Yeah. Get the f*** out of here. I'm gonna call the cops for loitering."
So, I called the cab company again. No answer.
So, I started walking back toward the airport. Miles away at this point. I finally get ahold a cab company person. He told me to stay at my location and he would be out in about an hour. A truck cruises by and another drunk screaming idiot throws food of some kind at me.
So I layed down on a bench out front of a mariachi bar and fell asleep. Right before sun rise I woke up and finished the walk back to the airport. I walked into the airport and back out, nothing was open. As I came up an upscale "taxi"....a Lincoln Towncar pulled up "Mr. Onerholtzer?" "Yep, that's me."
Not my ride but I was desperate at this time.
"To the Four Seasons?" Yes.
After we were down the road a couple miles I said, change of plans.....can you take me to the Greyhound station?
He just smiled. I gave him a nice tip but thankfully escaped the unfriendly people of Co Springs.
So you're the guy that made me miss saying goodbye to my Aunty!:rant:
Well that was certainly a travel nightmare. The people throwing stuff out of cars at you has me intrigued. Not a good time. Hope you got laid after the wedding reception?:snicker:

bnw

Pro Bowler
Is the city in Pennsylvania? They're the current leader in pushing 'ergonomic' soap. I crap you not.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Philadelphia
3. State College, PA

Severe shortage of women huh?

bnw

Pro Bowler
Phoenix? Really? Is it the 8.6% sales tax or the 105 temps in May?

The last time I visited it was over 100 degrees by 11 am in April. That sales tax is cheaper than what I have (state and county combined) 9.75%. So no, neither. It was the people. I didn't witness a constant parade of freaks and the people I interacted with were normal. Their concerns were the same as normal people trying to navigate life with as little unwanted interference as possible.

fearsomefour

Legend
So you're the guy that made me miss saying goodbye to my Aunty!:rant:
Well that was certainly a travel nightmare. The people throwing stuff out of cars at you has me intrigued. Not a good time. Hope you got laid after the wedding reception?:snicker:
Haha.
Well, no.
I was so exhausted I actually passed out during the reception.
Well into the reception and had some assistance.
It was the weekend of the national championship college rodeo or some such thing.
Don't know if they still do it there.
Bunch of drunk college kids everywhere.