Greg Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

apatl187

UDFA
Should be fired..this much talent.his scene is played out.to much tape in him. He needs to go

fancents86

Starter
I was never big on his hire, I was actually glad when he got caught for the bounty crap bc I didn't want him here. When he was in N.O when did you ever hear any praise bout their D? You didn't, it was mediocre. Their offense is what carried them to a Super Bowl.

LooNaTik83

My buddies were joking about this. Saying "maybe Greg Williams should just do the bounty again." I honestly don't know any other credentials this guy had besides the whole bounty scheme or even before, but its failing. Maybe we shouldn't have hired someone who wanted to do harm on others, because like they say the golden rule "Treat others the way they want to be treated." Maybe it was a mistake to hire someone who would put a hex over our defense, and should be banished from this team.

fatkook

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the graphic said it all.
2012 - 53 sacks
2013 - 52 sacks
2014 - 1 sack

He is terrible. took a good defense and made it bad.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
It seems to be feast or famine with this D. While they've always given up the big play on third down, just now they go for TDs.

apatl187

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't have a problem with snead...the talent is there...coaching is not

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I MISS YOU!!!!

image.jpg

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Rams LB James Laurinaitis

(On the defense allowing big plays)
“We have to play the defenses that are called. I sound like a broken record but we have to play what we call. We have to execute the defense. It’s definitely not the scheme. We just have to execute. That’s all I can really say. We have the guys in here and the guys know it, but for some reason we aren’t putting together full games and until we do that we are going to keep getting the same results. Teams are too good to not do what you need to do every single time. We just have to execute.”

This tells me certain players aren't grasping this defense. GW has been known for complicated defenses. Obviously our guys are still thinking out there instead of just playing. Maybe it's time to simplify things, Greg.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Does anyone else think getting Williams fired might be the objective in why we aren't getting the holding calls ?

A team expected to challenge the single season sack record by virtually every football writer/analyst in the country instead sets a record for fewest sacks across five games ,I don't care who the coach is,we have the athletes to get the sacks they are being held and it isn't being called to such an extent as to be very suspicious.
OH BTW Williams called the defense that got two fourth down stops to get us back in the game

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I don't have a problem with snead...the talent is there...coaching is not
Dunno about Snead and the talent. Snead had an embarrassment of early premium draft picks. Where's the future Hall of Famer? Where's even a Pro Bowler? I don't usually believe in the Pro Bowl as a measure of talent since it's just a beauty contest vote, but it does say something that not one of Snead's picks has any selections or awards yet. Sure, you can argue they are all "developing", but so far it reeks of all potential and no results. At what point is this "talent" going to develop? Year 4, so they develop just in time to leave as a free agent? I don't want the Rams to be the minor leagues for the rest of the league. It's no fun being the Cubs of the NFL.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This is a highly paid coaching staff.
They better get it figured out.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Does anyone else think getting Williams fired might be the objective in why we aren't getting the holding calls ?

A team expected to challenge the single season sack record by virtually every football writer/analyst in the country instead sets a record for fewest sacks across five games ,I don't care who the coach is,we have the athletes to get the sacks they are being held and it isn't being called to such an extent as to be very suspicious.
OH BTW Williams called the defense that got two fourth down stops to get us back in the game

The only thing I disagree with you on is that it's very suspicious. At this point, it's way beyond suspicious, it's obvious that the NFL has put their thumb on the scales and instructed the refs to ignore most holding, at least against the Rams if not the league at large.

I don't watch many other NFL games so I don't know how bad the non-holding problem is there, but with the Rams, it's absolutely atrocious, and it's beyond coincidence or suspicion at this point. Last year the number of holding calls on OL's facing our DL were above average, this year they are way, way, way below average.

In the case of the Rams, one sack in five games with this DL is way beyond a statistical anomaly, and when you see teams get away with holding so damn much, there is no other reasonable conclusion than there is a concerted effort to allow it to negate the pass rush.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I was never big on his hire, I was actually glad when he got caught for the bounty crap bc I didn't want him here. When he was in N.O when did you ever hear any praise bout their D? You didn't, it was mediocre. Their offense is what carried them to a Super Bowl.
That's basically where I was when he was hired... but people were SO excited, and claiming THIS was what was going to get us over the top because he was a genius, and I didn't want to be the guy coming across as rooting for the Rams to be bad so I could be "right", so I wanted to give him a chance.

He is running out of chance. With me at least.

ausmurp

Starter
It isn't just Williams. It's Fisher's inability to coach a team since he's been back in the NFL. He has to be fired after this year. That part sucks but it's true. Clean house on coaches, keep Snead if we can.